Class of 2022 - PG Judah Mintz (DC / Oak Hill) COMMITTED/SIGNED TO SYRACUSE | Page 44 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2022 PG Judah Mintz (DC / Oak Hill) COMMITTED/SIGNED TO SYRACUSE

Status
Not open for further replies.
6F92AA2C-CF8D-4A4D-89DF-731F0A55A7B7.gif

It seems like we need bigger bags of cash!

Couldn’t disagree more. I listened to Dean’s OW Twitter hangout thing, and Pat was a guest and really nailed it and confirmed my thinking on this. Hop would kill it in recruiting if he returned. He has the East coast connections and established recruiting relationships. Plus he has the charisma and personality to command a room and be the face of the program, the vision to build the brand and program identity, and that’s what we need right now. Gmac and Red are not ready for primetime. Listen to them talk on the radio. They have little charisma or force of personality or game insights (Gmac is at least OK). We cannot make either one of them the head coach at Syracuse, or we’ll be consigning the program to irrelevancy. We need to change the recruiting momentum. And I disagree with people who complain about Hop’s X’s and O’s and game planning. There were reasons Hop struggled at UW for a couple of years (loss of Quade being one of them), and he’s learned from those experiences. Also West Coast recruiting is a whole different ballgame and not easy to navigate. If not Hop, then we need a splash hire.
You are more than welcome to disagreed. I am stating my pov and know that it may not be popular. I just don’t think Hop has evolved as a head coach after 5 years. He has had the initial couple years of good recruiting but has not convinced some of his players to leave the “Me First” thought process and grasp the team philosophy. He has 13-14 people either transfer from his program or leave early to go Pro. That is only in the last three years. Realize JAB has close to that number. Just saying that it seems like his team are not buying into the program same as JAB.

we need to take this discussion off-line or to another thread than this one. My bad.

And how many of those believed with a pretty high degree of certainty that he was coming to them?

I don't mind missing out on a kid we were late to the game with. But the delusion of the coaching staff at nearly every turn with kids we think are coming yet don't is pretty eye opening. Specifically with higher level recruits.

So they either don't have a pulse on the relationship they have with the kid, or somebody is dropping the ball between having the kids on campus and the commitment date.

You tell me. But either way, something is amiss.

Yeah, in my experience few of the "late interest" guys ever make it to campus.
Andrew White was probably the only one I can remember.

What about game planning, defensive and offensive etc? To me that is the biggest question mark/concern. I mean we even see how that has been a hard thing for even Hop.

I think you are on the money recruiting wise just that unless he can haul top 10 or better classes every year, then the coaching aspect is huge.

Hop was super-hot and drawing those kind of recruits.
I would hope he could reconnect on recruiting relationships that hopefully haven't changed much in the last 4 years or so. It might be a great bounce back for him and for us.
I don't know that he would do it unless Jim left. No C-I-W stuff again.

How has his "deep roots" helped SU the last 8 years?

We got Kadary Richmond from NYC. He left.

Anyone else?

Sorry - I'm skeptical.
The CEO has to make sure that any prospect fit his zone. Red will not have restrictions

This is a "DON'T ASK, DON'T TELL" Board.
Remember names, and sometimes look for fewer number of total posts.
Those people tend to know things.
I honestly just lose track because like you said - some of these reputable sources don’t post very often. Hope he’s right.

I honestly just lose track because like you said - some of these reputable sources don’t post very often. Hope he’s right.

In my history of sometimes having or knowing sources, and then being without for years at a time, it's my experience that the people who draw the most attention to themselves are less reliable. Those who make comments that seem like a reasonable person would say that, or think that. Those people I pay attention to.

Couldn’t disagree more. I listened to Dean’s OW Twitter hangout thing, and Pat was a guest and really nailed it and confirmed my thinking on this. Hop would kill it in recruiting if he returned. He has the East coast connections and established recruiting relationships. Plus he has the charisma and personality to command a room and be the face of the program, the vision to build the brand and program identity, and that’s what we need right now. Gmac and Red are not ready for primetime. Listen to them talk on the radio. They have little charisma or force of personality or game insights (Gmac is at least OK). We cannot make either one of them the head coach at Syracuse, or we’ll be consigning the program to irrelevancy. We need to change the recruiting momentum. And I disagree with people who complain about Hop’s X’s and O’s and game planning. There were reasons Hop struggled at UW for a couple of years (loss of Quade being one of them), and he’s learned from those experiences. Also West Coast recruiting is a whole different ballgame and not easy to navigate. If not Hop, then we need a splash hire.
very unconvinced by hop's in-game ability. at UW he had some very very good players and did zilch basically.

he probably would recruit well, though

why cant he come back to be an assistant???

very unconvinced by hop's in-game ability. at UW he had some very very good players and did zilch basically.

he probably would recruit well, though

why cant he come back to be an assistant???

1. Pac-12 Coach of the Year his first 2 years, using his East Coast recruiting contacts.

2. Two excellent years, getting 27 wins in year 2. Two years around .500 and one awful year.

3. I doubt that he's fired from Washington this year, since he improved his team by 12 games compared to last year.

4. They had a winning record this year that just ended. We did not.

5. He already got screwed doing that once before.

6. He could be a head coach in the Big East and probably do really well.

I just finished the last 4 pages of this thread and this is what I learned about Mintz…

Nothing… but I did learn that Red would be terrible, Benny is coming back, people questioning bring back Hop, gmac questioned officials, and a host of other banter that’s been discussed actively on the basketball board.

Thanks!

Final warning, folks.

Any post, no matter how insightful or informative that is not directly related to Judah Mintz will be deleted without further warning and said poster will be unable to post in this thread for an unspecified amount of time.

I'm not paid enough to spend my entire day watching this thread. Thanks for your cooperation.

I really hope the DePaul stuff is a nothing burger. Really like the idea of a deeper bench at guard with 4 guys who all can play and the ability to run 3 guards effectively. Judah makes that happen. The things we liked from Dior and JJ- this kid has in his arsenal too even if he is a combo.

I just finished the last 4 pages of this thread and this is what I learned about Mintz…

Nothing… but I did learn that Red would be terrible, Benny is coming back, people questioning bring back Hop, gmac questioned officials, and a host of other banter that’s been discussed actively on the basketball board.

Thanks!
If it hadn’t been here, you wouldn’t have gotten it. Always look on the bright side.

I really hope the DePaul stuff is a nothing burger. Really like the idea of a deeper bench at guard with 4 guys who all can play and the ability to run 3 guards effectively. Judah makes that happen. The things we liked from Dior and JJ- this kid has in his arsenal too even if he is a combo.
Judah would be amazing here. Come on, JB, you know how to sell the program. Put on the full court press with Judah and make the hard sell of why he should come here and play in front of 35,000 fans at the Dome over a sad DePaul program where he’d be playing in an empty gym with less talent and experience around him. Sell the mess out of all the NIL opportunities that could be available at Syracuse with a huge OrangeNation fan base to tap into and being able to boost his followers big-time on social media. Point to all the guards we’ve developed and gotten drafted or sent into the NBA over the years. Tell him he’ll have the ball in his hands, we’ll play man to man in addition to zone, and insist that he can help us compete for an ACC title next season (yes we’d need more help to do that but tell him he’s a key piece of the cavalry). I’m not holding my breath or anything, but I just hope JB is reenergized after such a disappointing season and really makes an effort to make some real changes for the good of the program.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoachDiddi

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom