Class of 2022 - PG Judah Mintz (DC / Oak Hill) COMMITTED/SIGNED TO SYRACUSE | Page 42 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2022 PG Judah Mintz (DC / Oak Hill) COMMITTED/SIGNED TO SYRACUSE

Status
Not open for further replies.
That might tell us about Benny. Mintz was coming here if Benny was coming back
I thought Benny and Taylor were BFF’s? Does it make Taylor reconsider SU or can Taylor convince Benny to stay?

That might tell us about Benny. Mintz was coming here if Benny was coming back
I still think his injury is a whole lot worse than what we are being told. I would not be surprised at all if its really a torn meniscus and he needed surgery. SU does share much when it comes to injuries and seems to understate the severity of said injuries always.

I still think his injury is a whole lot worse than what we are being told. I would not be surprised at all if its really a torn meniscus and he needed surgery. SU does share much when it comes to injuries and seems to understate the severity of said injuries always.

Well he may have been speaking out of turn but just before the FSU game Matt Park said Benny had surgery.

Meniscus is a rather mild injury. He should be walking in a few days after surgery.

For our super insiders, how should we interpret this thread:
A. If Benny stays, Mintz is Orange
B. If Mintz doesn’t pick SU, Benny is definitely gone.
C. Mintz and Benny are independent
D. Things with Mintz have gone sideways and nobody knows.

I’ll hang up and listen

I don’t think SU would have Benny showing Mintz around on his visit if they thought he might leave.
Well it wouldn’t be the first time the coaching staff didn’t have their pulse on the situation, right? I’d pay Hop $5M just to be the emotional support coordinator for these kids. That podcast with DC and Etan was so depressing.

I just want to be excited about the program again.

Coaches thought this was a done deal.

It is not a done deal. And kid is likely to go elsewhere.

Wash. Rinse. Repeat.

At what point do we start looking in the mirror with these guys?

Our best staffs and best teams had assistant coaches with no ties to SU.

Troy Weaver, Rob Murphy… since Murphy left (2011), the talent level within our program has diminished greatly. And fell off a cliff after Hopkins left, who has SU ties of course but was seasoned and earned his way into his role.

Coincidence?

kid is likely to go elsewhere.

Wash. Rinse. Repeat.

I believe that's ADJW's job to hold the staff accountable. It is one thing to lose out on a player to a blue blood. But Depaul!

Wash. Rinse. Repeat.

Troy Weaver, Rob Murphy… since Murphy left (2011), the talent level within our program has diminished greatly. And fell off a cliff after Hopkins left, who has SU ties of course but was seasoned and earned his way into his role.

Coincidence?

So Mintz turns down 5 different ACC teams, 3 SEC teams, and 2 Big Ten teams to play for a Big East bottom feeder.

You're gonna need a lot more mirrors.

Wash. Rinse. Repeat.

Coincidence?
So many things can happen every year that cause players to change their minds late: a bag of money, a ridiculous promise, a girlfriend attending a close by school etc. if we go by pure “what’s the best school” it’s probably syracuse, but that doesn’t mean they will immediately win no matter how hard the coaches tried. Also, let’s not forget that he hasn’t announced, there’s still time for whatever promise that is putting DePaul (maybe) in front to be matched my a multitude of other schools including syracuse.

In this new era of recruiting it might not even matter, they might hit the portal and find a find a guy who will perform better the JM ever will, you just don’t know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom