Class of 2017 - PG Quade Green (PA) Verbaled to Kentucky | Page 18 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2017 PG Quade Green (PA) Verbaled to Kentucky

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does it seat 33,000? Do they have the Melo center? Didn't think so. They play in a second rate league. Want proof? They have won their league 13 years in a row. That is a joke.

It doesn't really matter and I don't think anybody would call that league "second rate." Kansas just has a knack for recruiting on an elite level for whatever reasons. Phog is a big factor. So is Cameron for Duke.

Because I don't wear orange colored glasses drinking orange Kool-Aid like most of this board

I give credit where credit is do but won't hesitate to call out a player or coach when it's needed.

There is nothing I hate more than excuses.

From the start I could see BJ Johnson and Kaleb Joseph could not play at this level and I let it be known and was attacked on here and called a troll but if people would just take off the orange colored glasses and watch the games they would see the same thing and look what happened both are gone and at low level schools.

No. Every time one of our targets are offered by another school, you point it out and suggest we move on.

There's not having oranges colored glasses and then there's blatant stupid posts.

For people in the know, does SU have a back up PG option if Quade goes elsewhere? Given the glaring need and available scholarship, I have to believe there is another option out there.

For people in the know, does SU have a back up PG option if Quade goes elsewhere? Given the glaring need and available scholarship, I have to believe there is another option out there.
Howard and Gillon should be enough there but Quade would be a great addition. Just get another center which in Jimmy's vocabulary is one of those famous "dirty words you can't say on TV. One of my favorite comedians who is no longer with us and I have forgot his name ,damn it.

CaliCuse said:
Howard and Gillon should be enough there but Quade would be a great addition. Just get another center which in Jimmy's vocabulary is one of those famous "dirty words you can't say on TV. One of my favorite comedians who is no longer with us and I have forgot his name ,damn it.

Gillon is a one year guy. He won't be around.

Is it possible Quade will be more heavily or at least as heavily recruited as his former teammate Trevon Duval? Kansas offer with strong Duke interest, to go along with all the rest. Just missing UK.

Is it possible Quade will be more heavily or at least as heavily recruited as his former teammate Trevon Duval? Kansas offer with strong Duke interest, to go along with all the rest. Just missing UK.
He might get many of the same offers, but not all offers are created equally. Duval could walk in to any coach's office in America and tell them he wants to play for them. That coach would then make room for Duval in a hurry. Green is a fantastic PG and he should be rising in the rankings, but he is not quite to that level.

He might get many of the same offers, but not all offers are created equally. Duval could walk in to any coach's office in America and tell them he wants to play for them. That coach would then make room for Duval in a hurry. Green is a fantastic PG and he should be rising in the rankings, but he is not quite to that level.
Definitely true. Can't imagine anyone turning him down. Kinda watching his recruitment a bit closer than others. Those in know keep saying AZ or MD for him.

George Carlin

Definitely true. Can't imagine anyone turning him down. Kinda watching his recruitment a bit closer than others. Those in know keep saying AZ or MD for him.
Who are those in the know?

Who are those in the know?
Thou shall not be named publications and websites. They have argued those are the teams working the hardest for him, at the very least. OK was listed as well.

Because I don't wear orange colored glasses drinking orange Kool-Aid like most of this board

I give credit where credit is do but won't hesitate to call out a player or coach when it's needed.

There is nothing I hate more than excuses.

From the start I could see BJ Johnson and Kaleb Joseph could not play at this level and I let it be known and was attacked on here and called a troll but if people would just take off the orange colored glasses and watch the games they would see the same thing and look what happened both are gone and at low level schools.

Still think BJ could & will be a player but was just too young. He's literally 15 days older than Malachi. Think we lose track of things like that. A freshman that just turned 18 and ones like MCW that are 20 are extremely different animals.

http://ottosworld365.podomatic.com/entry/2016-04-29T07_09_20-07_00
I discussed the alternatives for the PG position at the 43-49 minute mark.

I'm with you on wondering why we don't get back involved with some other Highly rated PG's that we were recruiting before. It doesn't seem like there is any downside. Quade can take as long as he wants to decide, I have no issues with that. SU has already made it clear that we would love to have him as our PG for the future but that doesn't mean that we shouldn't have other options or should wait until the 11th hour if he decides to go elsewhere. He knows the spot is his for the taking not much more SU can do except keep showing the love.

Smells of it .

Sadly that is the case although Quade has been much more outspoken in his love of SU but still this is why I'd rather we get back involved with Duval or the other kid who's name escapes me. All the other guard offers we have are guys who are more or less 2G possibly combo's. Quade is the only legit PG we are going after right now.

The only thing that keeps me from freaking out about all of this is that Howard will still have another year after '17 if we somehow whiff. Certainly not ideal but imagine he's a 4 year guy and can play 30-35 mins per game in '17 & '18 if worst case scenario comes along.

Status
Not open for further replies.