Class of 2017 - PG Quade Green (PA) Verbaled to Kentucky | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2017 PG Quade Green (PA) Verbaled to Kentucky

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kid looks great! Hope we get him. Might hurt the zone but he can play.

Love QG film. Looks like, as with other smaller players, he has patterned his game game after step curry with euro step, behind the back, and quick pull up jumpers.

sacuse said:
Love QG film. Looks like, as with other smaller players, he has patterned his game game after step curry with euro step, behind the back, and quick pull up jumpers.
oh god. Not sure I can handle years of announcers saying he's not a "prototypical SU guard"

oh god. Not sure I can handle years of announcers saying he's not a "prototypical SU guard"

Ha. I agree on that premise but this kid Green looks like a pure PG. I would take him in a heartbeat. He looks so good and comfortable with the ball. Looks like he sees the floor well too.

I'm really shocked about this! I would have been willing to bet anything that he would have went back to Team Final after he left WeR1. Munch most have really laid things out for him. He's a similar sized guard as Bryce Aiken who was their point last year who has committed to Harvard. This have completely caught me off guard.

I'm really shocked about this! I would have been willing to bet anything that he would have went back to Team Final after he left WeR1. Munch most have really laid things out for him. He's a similar sized guard as Bryce Aiken who was their point last year who has committed to Harvard. This have completely caught me off guard.
Salary cap is definitely needed in AAU ball ;). Green and Bamba is going to be a crazy combo in EYBL play.

Salary cap is definitely needed in AAU ball ;). Green and Bamba is going to be a crazy combo in EYBL play.

I hear you on the salary cap. There was definitely something for Quade to make that move. I think that was bad for the Cuse if they want to land Quade now. Team Final is the pipeline for Syracuse players. Waiters, Johnson, Richardson, Cooney, Christmas, Battle, etc. Battle played for the Cardinals for one year but he is really a Team Final kid. He moved to PSA the summer before last because he wanted to run the point and Final had Tony Carr who is going to Penn State and Lamar Kimble who is a Freshman at St. Joe's in the backcourt. Last year Battle didn't play AAU at all. Last Cardinal kid that SU tried to land was Thomas Bryant and we all know how that worked out. I think the next Final kid SU might get is Cam Reddish, who is ranked 7th in the country in 2019. Thing is he has offers already from UCONN, Auburn, Seton Hall, Villanova and more, but no SU offer. The whole thing is if SU offered him I think he would commit early because him and his parents have always said that SU has always been his favorite school. What might happen is SU will wait and wait and then they will end up losing the kid to another school like normal.

I hear you on the salary cap. There was definitely something for Quade to make that move. I think that was bad for the Cuse if they want to land Quade now. Team Final is the pipeline for Syracuse players. Waiters, Johnson, Richardson, Cooney, Christmas, Battle, etc. Battle played for the Cardinals for one year but he is really a Team Final kid. He moved to PSA the summer before last because he wanted to run the point and Final had Tony Carr who is going to Penn State and Lamar Kimble who is a Freshman at St. Joe's in the backcourt. Last year Battle didn't play AAU at all. Last Cardinal kid that SU tried to land was Thomas Bryant and we all know how that worked out. I think the next Final kid SU might get is Cam Reddish, who is ranked 7th in the country in 2019. Thing is he has offers already from UCONN, Auburn, Seton Hall, Villanova and more, but no SU offer. The whole thing is if SU offered him I think he would commit early because him and his parents have always said that SU has always been his favorite school. What might happen is SU will wait and wait and then they will end up losing the kid to another school like normal.

Are u for real that cam reddish doesnt have an offer?

Reminds me of Kyle Lowry! I don't care what defence we are playing I will take Kyle Lowry! Not sure you really lose that much on Defence at the top of the zone, seems when we really get in trouble is when we allow penetration and I would think a quick guard who can seal this off would offset a few inches on contesting jumpers.

Are u for real that cam reddish doesnt have an offer?

Cam has no Cuse offer yet. His top two favorite schools have always been Cuse 1st and then North Carolina. I'm not sure if things have changed. You have to look at upside with him. Both his parents are huge. I wouldn't be surprised if he ends up close to 6'10, and he has guard skills and can really shoot the 3 ball. His mother is a school principal and Cam does very well in the classroom. He transferred this year and I believe he is playing at the same school as Bamba. In my opinion, I think it's going to be hard to get Bamba now. I'm hearing he is projected as a future lottery pick. As far as Quade is concerned, now that I think about it Cardinals may not have been that far of a stretch because Quade always loved NYC. When he was younger he always wanted to play for the Cuse. That's why I think there is a high chance that he won't commit to the Cuse because that was the school he always wanted to go to when he was younger, so I would have thought once he got the offer he would have committed. I could be wrong though, maybe he just wants to drag the recruiting process out, but knowing Quade and his personality he wants to try and get schools like Kansas, Duke, Kentucky, and NC.

Cam has no Cuse offer yet. His top two favorite schools have always been Cuse 1st and then North Carolina. I'm not sure if things have changed. You have to look at upside with him. Both his parents are huge. I wouldn't be surprised if he ends up close to 6'10, and he has guard skills and can really shoot the 3 ball. His mother is a school principal and Cam does very well in the classroom. He transferred this year and I believe he is playing at the same school as Bamba. In my opinion, I think it's going to be hard to get Bamba now. I'm hearing he is projected as a future lottery pick. As far as Quade is concerned, now that I think about it Cardinals may not have been that far of a stretch because Quade always loved NYC. When he was younger he always wanted to play for the Cuse. That's why I think there is a high chance that he won't commit to the Cuse because that was the school he always wanted to go to when he was younger, so I would have thought once he got the offer he would have committed. I could be wrong though, maybe he just wants to drag the recruiting process out, but knowing Quade and his personality he wants to try and get schools like Kansas, Duke, Kentucky, and NC.

just curious, how do you know so much about him? are you related or close friend?

Been around for a long time. Spoke with Quade and his mother Tamika plenty of times. Same as Cam and his parents. Both kids are really good kids. Both kids are extremely talented. Cam probably has more upside but one thing you need to know about Quade is he is only 5'11 but his heart is like he's 6'5. When he is locked in he's like a lion about to kill its prey.

Been around for a long time. Spoke with Quade and his mother Tamika plenty of times. Same as Cam and his parents. Both kids are really good kids. Both kids are extremely talented. Cam probably has more upside but one thing you need to know about Quade is he is only 5'11 but his heart is like he's 6'5. When he is locked in he's like a lion about to kill its prey.
Philly guards are tough.

so you think SU is out of the running w Quade now with his switch of AAU teams?

Status
Not open for further replies.