Class of 2017 - PG Quade Green (PA) Verbaled to Kentucky | Page 136 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2017 PG Quade Green (PA) Verbaled to Kentucky

Status
Not open for further replies.
5.jpg
Hes basically 99.9% correct on predictions

you never made a booty call just before you dumped a girl? or even after?
I don't see him as a selfish user, no. He's been to SU multiple times. Why drive out here to sit with the folks he's going to reject? It makes no sense if he's got any integrity/sincerity. I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt.

This is still JB's team. It's his job to close on these recruits.

AMEN! I would say Gmac or Hop or whoever the lead guy with Quade was did their job. They had Quade on campus numerous times and had him drinking the Orange Kool Aid. JB is the closer. When he is put in position to close he is the guy that has to close the deal, no one else can do that.

Not getting Anderson might've cost us the 1990 NC. That very good team would've been unbelievable with him, but was weak at PG.

If I remember correctly, Stevie Thompson -- yes, Steve Thompson, started off playing the PG position that year. And I agree, with KA that team at least goes to the FF.

Time to be wrong!

Re: Daniels -- I believe he is just going by the way of the message boards and the "trends" on certain sites -- doubt he has any insider information.

I don't see him as a selfish user, no. He's been to SU multiple times. Why drive out here to sit with the folks he's going to reject? It makes no sense if he's got any integrity/sincerity. I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt.
I am as well. pretty cold blooded if after all this, he turns on cuse and the staff last min. if that's the case, it's not like we don't have pg next yr that's pretty good and only getting better...he just might have to play a lot more

Re: Daniels -- I believe he is just going by the way of the message boards and the "trends" on certain sites -- doubt he has any insider information.

Hes extremely plugged in with the whole scene (coaches, friends, family, handlers) you name it

I am as well. pretty cold blooded if after all this, he turns on cuse and the staff last min. if that's the case, it's not like we don't have pg next yr that's pretty good and only getting better...he just might have to play a lot more
Hes extremely plugged in with the whole scene (coaches, friends, family, handlers) you name it
Exactly. We've been on him/loyal to him. He's been plugged in at SU forever and is obviously comfortable here after multiple visits. He also returned here after the blue madness scene. So up until the last couple days, I really liked our chances. But then again, there's the whole UK alure .. the WWW, the D-League hype circus in Lexington, the fact that he'd have no-classes, etc.. And I'm thinking that's not him. But we'll see.

Last edited:
I am not kidding. Ellis was a stiff and as great as Coleman was he could be a brooding headcase who would disappear. Even with Anderson, my cynicism about those JB teams back then says we would have found a way to screw it up. On paper, you are correct, that would have been the best team in the country.

Don't really agree about Ellis (liked his game and think we didn't use him to the best of his abilities), but your broader point stands, despite the fact that it's not a popular one. Great team on paper, but teams of that era were missing something more than a point guard.

Back to the topic, it's not the end of the world if we miss out on a recruit. We've got a decent core coming back and we're going to fill roster spots with someone. Hopefully they're closer to the Hakim Warrick end of the spectrum than the Mark Konecny end.

Status
Not open for further replies.