Class of 2017 - PG Quade Green (PA) Verbaled to Kentucky | Page 142 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2017 PG Quade Green (PA) Verbaled to Kentucky

Status
Not open for further replies.
in reality, for 17 in terms of PG, just need a competent player that could spell Frankie for 5ish mins a half - then should go all in for one of the elite '18 PGs

Too bad we don't still have Kaleb!

0dfc2a20bc05496b8ab2aebb22daabef.jpg

Correct me if I'm wrong but his source is somebody who knows a player on the roster who LOVES Syracuse. If said player is saying Quade is one thing and we're all hearing it's UK now, what does that say about Quade and his relationship with the current players?
Doesn't say anything. One time, not very long ago, Green was Orange. Things changed.

Correct me if I'm wrong but his source is somebody who knows a player on the roster who LOVES Syracuse. If said player is saying Quade is one thing and we're all hearing it's UK now, what does that say about Quade and his relationship with the current players?
He's stated his source a lot and I don't want to repeat it but it's stronger than just someone who knows a player.

I think the mindset was Cal repeatedly telling him that he's a one and done. Reading our board, our fans have been saying he's too small and seems more like a 2-3 year guy.(I never bought that) Keeping my fingers crossed, but don't feel good about it. The pull on a teenager to get to the league and get paid as quickly as possible is tough to go against. I worry though for his sake that if he goes there, he needs to play well. Remember Briscoe being a sure fire stud, until Jamal Murray showed up. Hope for Quade's sake if he goes to UK that Trae does stay away!
If he goes to UK, I hope Trae commits there the next minute.

Doesn't say anything. One time, not very long ago, Green was Orange. Things changed.

As recruiting does change. I'm curious as to why O13's source is hearing from a current player that he's coming (with somewhat recent updates) yet you and Jake hear he isn't from your source. Not discrediting you guys or supporting O13 by any means, just doesn't makes sense that Quade would be telling a current player he's coming when it sounds like he isn't.

eh think you're being a bit glib with your posts... he clearly has assured at least one SU player, as recently as last night, which means (if all the UK writing on the wall is as legit as it appears) he's said " it" to strong relationships he'd established

He's stated his source a lot and I don't want to repeat it but it's stronger than just someone who knows a player.
Or its made up. Sorry but I never counted TT as a win for his sources. "It'll be thursday... ok it'll be this week... this week... this week... this week... this week... this week... this week... this week... this week... hey see he committed I was right."

JeremyCuse said:
Jake any thoughts where we go from here. Full court press on Tucker? PG outside the top 100? Push Battle to stay another year? Any chance to get back in on someone we cooled off on earlier? Juco?

No idea. I would guess another 5th year Sr would be smart and get in early on a 2018 PG.

Or its made up. Sorry but I never counted TT as a win for his sources. "It'll be thursday... ok it'll be this week... this week... this week... this week... this week... this week... this week... this week... this week... hey see he committed I was right."

I agree. What a freaken mess.

Sounds to me like UK wasn't that far off from the start. Apparently he weighed the things important to him and UK (looks like) won out.

upload_2016-11-18_12-39-7.jpg

Jake any thoughts where we go from here.
Full court press on Tucker?
PG outside the top 100?
Push Battle to stay another year?
Any chance to get back in on someone we cooled off on earlier?
Juco?

Its not even PG that is going to be our problem, likely have 0 wings outside of Brissett and definitely no SGs.

eh think you're being a bit glib with your posts... he clearly has assured at least one SU player, as recently as last night, which means (if all the UK writing on the wall is as legit as it appears) he's said " it" to strong relationships he'd established

This is what I'm saying. If he's telling our current players he's coming but Dash and Jake say he isn't (who obviously have VERY credible sources) then what the hell is Quade doing lol.

No idea. I would guess another 5th year Sr would be smart and get in early on a 2018 PG.

Problem is we are dropping the ball on the best '18 prospect, Cam Reddish. We have not been persistent with him at all. I'm sure there are options but we are not off to a great start.

This sucks. Again, no way to spin this. This is a huge loss. Staff made a mistake by not keeping our options open. I don't care how solid you think you are, have to have a backup plan. We don't.

Gotta cut down those nets this year. Yikes.
I agree it is a huge loss and real kick to the teeth. But I think the decision was made that Coleman was not possible and we liked Howard better than any other kids in this class and we would rather focus on next years guards. It was a tactical decision to go all in with Quade to try and get him and let him know what he meant to us but with the idea that there was no one else we could focus on and get. Perhaps I'm wrong about this but I don't completely disagree with that line of thought.

Its not even PG that is going to be our problem, likely have 0 wings outside of Brissett and definitely no SGs.

If Gillon and AW3 keep shooting so well we may see both Lydon and Battle return another season.

I have no problem with 5th year route...come here to play and play for a championship, plus all the experience that a 19 year old lacks.

I think we need to have more clarity on JBs situation. it's being used against us on all the big recruits...

THIS...it's a message board. He can easily run with what seems probable. What does he have to lose if he's wrong? People he doesn't know call him out online?

It's not made up.

Problem is we are dropping the ball on the best '18 prospect, Cam Reddish. We have not been persistent with him at all. I'm sure there are options but we are not off to a great start.

What is the deal with that anyways? Seemed like an obvious guy that we should be trying for.

Status
Not open for further replies.