Class of 2017 - PG Quade Green (PA) Verbaled to Kentucky | Page 42 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2017 PG Quade Green (PA) Verbaled to Kentucky

Status
Not open for further replies.
So TT and White have gotten us all the way through the slow period for basketball right into our elite camp which looks like its going to be stellar!

As far as Green goes this is great news. He went to Duke and UK got his offers and SU started recruiting other PG's for 2017. It seems he doesn't want another PG to commit to SU before he does. I hope the staff continues this line this weekend if he doesn't commit. He's a big boy and he knows the deal so they should just tell him we cannot wait when you may chose another school even if you are our the guy we want the most.

Not sure how accurate it is, but these have been my thoughts as well. I'm really hoping we can get Green to commit. Wow, would that be a hell of a start to our '17 class.
Especially since Nick Richards and Green seem to be close, or at least they correspond via twitter a bunch. Would very much help in his recruitment.

Especially since Nick Richards and Green seem to be close, or at least they correspond via twitter a bunch. Would very much help in his recruitment.
Quade would likely start a domino effect, as stated previously by others. Everybody loves playing with elite playmakers, and Quade is just that. He has also played with many of these guys over the past few years. He would be a huge first domino.

So TT and White have gotten us all the way through the slow period for basketball right into our elite camp which looks like its going to be stellar!

As far as Green goes this is great news. He went to Duke and UK got his offers and SU started recruiting other PG's for 2017. It seems he doesn't want another PG to commit to SU before he does. I hope the staff continues this line this weekend if he doesn't commit. He's a big boy and he knows the deal so they should just tell him we cannot wait when you may chose another school even if you are our the guy we want the most.

Maybe JB should just put on his '03 championship pimp hat this weekend and tell him he can have a hat just like it in April 2018. I know I'd be sold!

Lets ink 'em.

Green then Walker hopefully

Ok, so Isaiah Washington will be at the elite camp. He covets an offer. He is coming off a ton of buzz for going toe to toe with Trevon Duval, the number one point guard in the class of 2017. It would appear that Washington is trying to earn an offer, and if given the offer, by all accounts he would commit shortly after. Now, Quade Green is taking another visit to the Syracuse campus, just to touch base with the coaches and players. I don't know anything, but it would appear to me that Quade does not want any other guard to commit to SU at this point. He has Duke and UK offers, so why should he care? My hope all along was that he wanted SU, but he also wanted the prestige of earning the Duke and UK offers and wanted to bask in the glow of his success due to his hard work, understandable. Hopefully this is him telling the staff, "I will be Orange, just give me a few more weeks, maybe take some official visits. I will officially visit Syracuse last and then commit." What do you all think?
This kid is coming too. Might be better than Washington.

The conspiracy theorist in me tells me he's not coming because we expect a quade commitment...

Please quade????

I am all in for this and hope we can interpret this sequence of events in this way - however, if Quade shows up just to keep the ball in the air with Syracuse and it meanwhile is chasing away and costing us the chance to sign his "replacement" then he ultimately picks Duke, I will be less than impressed.

I am all in for this and hope we can interpret this sequence of events in this way - however, if Quade shows up just to keep the ball in the air with Syracuse and it meanwhile is chasing away and costing us the chance to sign his "replacement" then he ultimately picks Duke, I will be less than impressed.
Then we will destroy him

In the court.

Didn't realize that, thought he was 2017. My bad
Nope, no bad. There is a whole boatload of stuff going on right now. It is exciting and confusing. So many moving parts.

It's it weird that we don't have a commit for co 2017 yet? As far back as I remember we've had at least one by September.

It's it weird that we don't have a commit for co 2017 yet? As far back as I remember we've had at least one by September.
Recruiting has changed a bit in the last couple of years. There aren't as many early commits. A few years ago, there would only be a handful of the top 50 not committed. Now, there are only a handful committed.

Recruiting has changed a bit in the last couple of years. There aren't as many early commits. A few years ago, there would only be a handful of the top 50 not committed. Now, there are only a handful committed.

Seems that way. Every recruitment is now a prolonged, excruciatingly painful drama.

I remember when Dion Waiters committed in July... of his sophomore year. Good times

Seems that way. Every recruitment is now a prolonged, excruciatingly painful drama.

I remember when Dion Waiters committed in July... of his sophomore year. Good times
Yeah, and the class of 2007 with Dante Green, Johnny Flynn, Scoop Jardine and Rick Jackson (along with the cat rescuer) was done almost 2 years prior to their arriving, IIRC.

Dion Waiters still doesn't get the appreciation i think he deserves from this fan base.
I think Dion and/or JB could write an entire book about their relationship. Dion seems like the kind of cat that is super talented but two steps away from self destruction. JB was able to harness him and get the best out of him. He needs to find the NBA equivalent.

I blame Twitter...

Status
Not open for further replies.