Class of 2017 - PG Quade Green (PA) Verbaled to Kentucky | Page 54 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2017 PG Quade Green (PA) Verbaled to Kentucky

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nova has done a nice job maintaining since their elite conference fell apart... but it can't last forever. As long as theyou stay good t&ey can recruit... but at some point every program has a couple down years. Injuries hut, guys just don't pan out. And when that happens they won't be able to recover like old BE or current P5 programs could.

Not unless Jay Wright leaves, and then they have a couple/three down years under his successor. Same deal with UConn and Kevin Ollie. They'll probably remain OK as long as he remains there. UConn is probably worse off than Nova, in terms of the teams in their conference. At least the "New" Big East has some well known names among their conference opponents. Nobody wants to play against the teams in the AAC. Do they ever get on TV? At least the Big East has their deal with Fox.

That is a weird scenario. He was great there his initial 4 years, but since then he hasn't been able to get out of the first round and then last year they tanked. I don't think it's a coincidence that Virginia's ascent has directly correlated with Georgetown's downturn.

I think that's a very good observation.

I barely think the P5 part is even relevant in basketball. Its obviously all that matters in football but in basketball its honestly not that big of a deal. The Big East is still just as prestigious to me as the Big 10, Big 12 or Pac 12 is in hoops. Kansas has won the Big 12 100 years in a row, who even cares about that conference. Big 10 is Indiana and whoever, Pac 12 is Arizona, UCLA and whatever.

Well, it certainly matters in terms of how much money each school gets for its athletic department. Having a 10X advantage over most non-P5 schools will mean a huge difference over time, in terms of not just facilities, but how much they can afford to pay their coaches.

Well, it certainly matters in terms of how much money each school gets for its athletic department. Having a 10X advantage over most non-P5 schools will mean a huge difference over time, in terms of not just facilities, but how much they can afford to pay their coaches.
agreed. Time is the key component here. In the era of facilities arms races, support staff, recruiting budgets, national exposure, etc., the haves will continue to pull away from the have nots. Select programs like Nova, Gonzaga, Butler, Uconn, etc., can certainly still be successful, but the line is getting bigger.

agreed. Time is the key component here. In the era of facilities arms races, support staff, recruiting budgets, national exposure, etc., the haves will continue to pull away from the have nots. Select programs like Nova, Gonzaga, Butler, Uconn, etc., can certainly still be successful, but the line is getting bigger.

This isn't football. There are always good players out there that fall to the non-P5 conferences. Heck, some here are expecting one to run our loaded club this year. There are also good players that turn down the P5 teams. There are 68 NCAA tourney slots, not 4 like in football. Being located in the Northeast megalopolis, where basketball rules at the high school level, teams like UConn and Nova will always be able to field quality rosters. And if they fall off, someone else in their leagues will pick up the slack.

The Big East WAS great... it's still good but some of that is living on name recognition. But teams are already becoming less relevant than they were during the end of the real BE era. GTown has fallen off a cliff. Marquette has declined in relevance. It will continue across the board. Not to the same extent at the AAC... but it will be a 2nd tier conference if it isn't already.

Marquette lost their coach to the ACC and Va Tech.

Georgetown has actually been in a downhill slide since Big John's last 2 years. In the past 19 years they have been to the NCAA's 9 times and once in the past 3 years.

yeah looks like slime is making a serious push for both Quade and Bamba
Pretty sure he's no 2 on the list of pg's for UK however. Bamba I have no idea. Never felt like we had a shot there. And jordoo i think this just means in homes this week for Quade, could be wrong here, but Duke could certainly still be planning a stop by

Like Francis said Kentucky and Duke both have other options at the point guard and center spot

and they can't take both especially with the two bigs

Pretty sure he's no 2 on the list of pg's for UK however. Bamba I have no idea. Never felt like we had a shot there.

Yeah, Trae Young is Kentucky's top target.

Trae is Kentucky's top target at point, but they haven't gotten as much traction with him for whatever reason. Green's unofficial didn't go that well so a little surprising to see Calipari in the house, but I honestly don't think you have to be as worried about UK here as one might normally be about Kentucky.

Duke has seemingly moved on with the expectation that Jackson will return for his sophomore year to be the lead guard. Also a little surprising given how much they seemed to like Quade this summer. Perhaps it wasn't as mutual as people thought.

Remain adamant that Cuse will not be a serious player for Bamba.

Trae is Kentucky's top target at point, but they haven't gotten as much traction with him for whatever reason. Green's unofficial didn't go that well so a little surprising to see Calipari in the house, but I honestly don't think you have to be as worried about UK here as one might normally be about Kentucky.

Duke has seemingly moved on with the expectation that Jackson will return for his sophomore year to be the lead guard. Also a little surprising given how much they seemed to like Quade this summer. Perhaps it wasn't as mutual as people thought.

This information regarding Green and Bamba in regard to their relationship with Syracuse University is very inaccurate - and that is putting it mildly.

Do you mean Green's unofficial here or to UK? Confusing wording in your posts.

This information regarding Green and Bamba in regard to their relationship with Syracuse University is very inaccurate - and that is putting it mildly.

This guy is throwing darts, don't let him bait you. If I had to guess with zero information, using only my gut feeling, I would say the same thing: Green is get-able, Bamba is not (at least extreme unlikely). So other than that what is he saying really? Absolutely nothing that I couldn't say with zero information.

Get it done fellas!
giphy.gif

Do you mean Green's unofficial here or to UK? Confusing wording in your posts.

His official to UK. Not intended to be confusing; I am surprised that Cal is coming in house for Quade given that his uv was more or less a dud in Lexington. No animosity, just not a real aesthetic/personality fit for whatever reason.

Unclear what of that you have difference of opinion on Orangeman , but feel free to DM me (I haven't figured out how you DM function works here yet).

His official to UK. Not intended to be confusing; I am surprised that Cal is coming in house for Quade given that his uv was more or less a dud in Lexington. No animosity, just not a real aesthetic/personality fit for whatever reason.

Unclear what of that you have difference of opinion on Orangeman , but feel free to DM me (I haven't figured out how you DM function works here yet).
I hope that everything remains the same with regard to Quade's feelings for UK, but Cal has ways of changing a kid's mind.

This guy is throwing darts, don't let him bait you. If I had to guess with zero information, using only my gut feeling, I would say the same thing: Green is get-able, Bamba is not (at least extreme unlikely). So other than that what is he saying really? Absolutely nothing that I couldn't say with zero information.

That I don't expect Kentucky to be a player in this one to the extent someone might assume that they would be -- but makes sense that they will continue to pursue given that (i) Trae will likely end up at Oklahoma and (ii) that they are all in on Bamba.

For whatever reason, both Duke and Kentucky are not on solid footing with their primary pg targets.

Syracuse is way out ahead with Quade.

Status
Not open for further replies.