Class of 2017 - PG Quade Green (PA) Verbaled to Kentucky | Page 52 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2017 PG Quade Green (PA) Verbaled to Kentucky

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmm interesting insight in your four posts...what's your connection here?

Fair question.

ACChook...
image.gif

How do you think Bamba would do physically in his freshman yr vs acc centers and power forwards? I just dont see how he ll be physical enough if McCullough wasnt physical enough in his one season. But maybe his length and athleticism will more than make up for it. How will Richards do physically his freshman yr vs centers in acc? You see where im going for this- Fab, Rak, DC, McC, all of em were bigtime HS recruits yet none of em had much impact their freshman year...and if youre one and done...

but yes MB and NR are both impressive prospects, just like most of the 4 Cuse guys i listed above eventually became legit nba prospects...
He needs to get stronger, that is obvious, but he has a freakishly long wingspan that has been measured out to nearly 8ft. That alone should make up for whatever he lacks in the lbs department. His frame coming into college would be no different than how Anthony Davis and Willie "Trill" Cauley-Stein were built back in HS.

I wonder if some dominoes are falling.

UConn just took Ashton-Langford, although it had been rumored that Waters was at the top of their list. Does that mean Waters is ticketed for Duke?

UConn just took Ashton-Langford, although it had been rumored that Waters was at the top of their list.
No, no, no - don't you know that they didn't really even want Waters? I learned from the doosh-yard that Waters isn't any good and ucon moved on from him to get the guy they really wanted

No, no, no - don't you know that they didn't really even want Waters? I learned from the doosh-yard that Waters isn't any good and ucon moved on from him to get the guy they really wanted
I suppose they didn't want Scruggs either, even though he took a recent visit there. They actually did pretty well to get Ashton-Langford, good for them.

I wonder if some dominoes are falling.

UConn just took Ashton-Langford, although it had been rumored that Waters was at the top of their list. Does that mean Waters is ticketed for Duke?

I don't believe Duke is actually recruiting Waters. backed off almost immediately after offering for family related issues (read: his dad is a nut job).

I don't believe Duke is actually recruiting Waters. backed off almost immediately after offering for family related issues (read: his dad is a nut job).
You certainly intimate that you have knowledge of the recruiting world.

May I ask--what are your bona fides?

ESPN Insider has a piece headlined "Point Guard Dominoes. . . .Duke & UK expand options".

Duke offering Coleman and PayPal now chasing Weatherspoon. Orange get positive mentions re: Coleman and, especially, Green.

here's the quote on Green:
Perhaps Duke doesn’t feel as confident about its pursuit of Quade Green (No. 22). The Blue Devils wanted a point guard in the 2017 class, and Green was their clear-cut No. 1 target at the position. By offering Coleman, Mike Krzyzewski gives himself an alternative should Green end up at Syracuse, a school that has picked up some buzz with the Philadelphia native recently.

here's the quote on Green:
Perhaps Duke doesn’t feel as confident about its pursuit of Quade Green (No. 22). The Blue Devils wanted a point guard in the 2017 class, and Green was their clear-cut No. 1 target at the position. By offering Coleman, Mike Krzyzewski gives himself an alternative should Green end up at Syracuse, a school that has picked up some buzz with the Philadelphia native recently.
When asked about Quade Green, Coach K replied "Never heard of him."

I predict he drops 20 spots in the rankings by next spring if he commits to Syracuse.
That seems to be the norm, but I don't see it happening with Quade Green. This kid has worked his butt off to make the rise that he has over the past several months, he may go up or down a couple of spots, but he is a legit burger boy.

That seems to be the norm, but I don't see it happening with Quade Green. This kid has worked his butt off to make the rise that he has over the past several months, he may go up or down a couple of spots, but he is a legit burger boy.

No doubt. Tyus Battle had a great SR year and his ranking still tanked. I know he was hurt before that, but he didn't really fall until after he returned.

No doubt. Tyus Battle had a great SR year and his ranking still tanked. I know he was hurt before that, but he didn't really fall until after he returned.
Yeah, I don't get that one at all. But, the time he was hurt is the most important time to be seen by evaluators as well as coaches. But, the kid had a resume to support staying in the top 25 and being a McDonald's All American. He got screwed. The politics involved are ridiculous.

It would be great to get Quade (stating the obvious) but I love how hard we are recruiting him and he has to be really serious about looking at us for there to be an article about how Duke might lose out to us for him. No matter what happens if it comes down to us and Duke and no one is sure where he is going I think it really helps us with other recruits and the program in general.

Status
Not open for further replies.