Class of 2017 - PG Quade Green (PA) Verbaled to Kentucky | Page 105 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2017 PG Quade Green (PA) Verbaled to Kentucky

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let's all head over to the playground and congratulate myself on this end of times prediction.

I'm not being emotional. I'm just stating the facts. We have 5-7 spots available and we have one guy signed for next year who may or may not be ready to contribute. There's no way you can spin anything about this cycle as good if we miss on Green especially when there was loads of talent in New York, Mass, Jersey, and PA this cycle.

There is no question that if we miss on Green it is a big blow. But why conflate that with trying to diminish the player we just did sign? And why fly off the handle before Quade even announces? Going crazy about things that haven't happened yet and then rolling up all your other insecurities about a different situation? Yeah that is emotional.

two3zone said:
What that tells me is that he's not very good at what he does.

If it's a last second change and there is an impropriety involved. How does he combat that? You don't think jb would be in the horn with Green?

literally doing the same thing...two3zone is in melt down mode

How do I get singled out as being in meltdown mode? Do you have everybody else on ignore and just see my posts? I haven't said anything crazy or off base.

We literally have 5 or 6 players scholarship players for next year and 3 of them probably not even ready to contribute at the ACC level. We just lost out on a big time recruit that we've been tracking for 2 years while another team comes right in and scoops him up.

I think it's extremely fair to question GMac's job and to show concern for next years squad. Don't believe that is a meltdown.

How do I get singled out as being in meltdown mode? Do you have everybody else on ignore and just see my posts? I haven't said anything crazy or off base.

We literally have 5 or 6 players scholarship players for next year and 3 of them probably not even ready to contribute at the ACC level. We just lost out on a big time recruit that we've been tracking for 2 years while another team comes right in and scoops him up.

I think it's extremely fair to question GMac's job and to show concern for next years squad. Don't believe that is a meltdown.

I don't know how to break it to you: you are in meltdown mode dude. You are standing out along with one or two others. It is a fact. Its fine, not telling you how to act, but we can all see it.

I don't know how to break it to you: you are in meltdown mode dude. You are standing out along with one or two others. It is a fact. Its fine, not telling you how to act, but we can all see it.

I'm asking you, cite a post that you think is meltdown.

Jack-Donaghy-Pouring-Alcohol-Loop-30-Rock.gif

- If Green does burn us is it simply JB not showing enough love (what recruits expect and not what JB considers a lot)?
- I don't blame GMac or any assistants.
- How much about transition to Hopkins is a factor. How much is Hopkins talking to the kids? Are recruits not down with Hopkins being the designated coach in waiting? Just curious. I have no idea.

No they don't. Kids aren't supposed to get cancer and we aren't supposed to get ding dong ditched by the only PG we're after.
Not sure I would equate this with a kid getting cancer, but even that has some reason...
I'm extremely curious why I'm being singled out.
because you're reacting and they are getting a rise out of it...let it sail

Didn't lose out on anyone yet two3zone...nothing at all has pointed to kentucky except for the msg game...no sources or leaked info or anything what so ever pointing to him signing with them except for his coaches interview thathat totally seemed like bs just to throw people off and give green more publicity for his announcement

I'm asking you, cite a post that you think is meltdown.

Well twice you have called for GMac to be fired because of a failure you think might have happened. That would be one example... you know.

Well twice you have called for GMac to be fired because of a failure you think might have happened. That would be one example... you know.

Why is that a meltdown? If I failed that bad at my job I'd be fired as well. Facts are, we have far too many open scholarship with a skeleton roster coming back. What do you suggest? Giving him a pat on the back and telling him to try harder next year?

Don't think you are. He said I was crying.

Unnecessary exaggeration is another symptom of emotional posting. I didn't say you were crying. I said you were letting emotion guide what you are saying/thinking. And it is true. I'm not trying to be insulting. I'm just pointing it out. I will stop. I apologize.

I think it's extremely fair to question GMac's job and to show concern for next years squad.
Don't believe that is a meltdown.

This is why I've constantly been asking about next year's squad. Green was a lock for Cuse at one point according to O13. If he all of a sudden turns and heads to UK, we're probably missing out on Hami and Tucker. That leaves us with one signee and potentially one more come Monday in Sidibe. I'm open for transfers, but we are not getting four AW3's, John Gillon's or Wes Johnson. We've been very fortunate to hit on the transfers we do take, but the extremely talented ones don't always walk in the door. At some point, we HAVE to hit on big time recruits, and if Gerry isn't getting it done, then we need to have a serious look of who is actually in charge of recruiting certain players.

Why is that a meltdown? If I failed that bad at my job I'd be fired as well. Facts are, we have far too many open scholarship with a skeleton roster coming back. What do you suggest? Giving him a pat on the back and telling him to try harder next year?
Don't make me bring out the ho's. I will call Andre McGee, damnit.

OK, I will call you naive. If you have a choice between Jake and the "controversial rising board insider," there is a correct answer on who you should listen to.

Guess we'll find out in 54 hours or less. I don't feel supremely confident but at least I'll have ("naively") spent that time further away from the ledge. That said, I'll enjoy this year that much more either way.

- If Green does burn us is it simply JB not showing enough love (what recruits expect and not what JB considers a lot)?
- I don't blame GMac or any assistants.
- How much about transition to Hopkins is a factor. How much is Hopkins talking to the kids? Are recruits not down with Hopkins being the designated coach in waiting? Just curious. I have no idea.

From what I've heard (talking to people who know current/former players) it comes to no surprise that they love Hop. I can't imagine JB leaving and Hop taking over would be a big issue if he's a big reason we get recruits in the first place.

Unnecessary exaggeration is another symptom of emotional posting. I didn't say you were crying. I said you were letting emotion guide what you are saying/thinking. And it is true. I'm not trying to be insulting. I'm just pointing it out. I will stop. I apologize.

It's all good. I'm not mad. You're a good poster. We aren't always going to agree.

Status
Not open for further replies.