Class of 2017 - PG Quade Green (PA) Verbaled to Kentucky | Page 156 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2017 PG Quade Green (PA) Verbaled to Kentucky

Status
Not open for further replies.
Green-Day-green-day-821935_850_1024.jpg

I'm not radio silent. I'm enjoying my time in Syracuse, took in the game tonight in section 108, row C.

Got to go out to eat at the mission restaurant downtown.

Green is coming to Syracuse.

No new news is possible at this point. It's done.

This is amazing. Are you quadrupling down now? I dare you, just dare you, to quintuple down. God bless you if you're right, but at this point, for me, there's just too much info going the other way to expect Green to land here. If it turns out that way, that'll be a very unexpected but happy end to pretty wild ride. Either way, I salute you for your rosy outlook, and appreciate you offering whatever info. you have.

I'm not radio silent. I'm enjoying my time in Syracuse, took in the game tonight in section 108, row C.

If this turns out to be true, all I'm asking for is the Syracuse logo to be on the Undertaker's face and the UK logo on the other guy's face in this gif.

giphy.gif

Edit: Also, if you have Venmo and he comes to Cuse, PM me your Venmo name. I'll buy you a beer for sticking to your guns. Respect.

I have to say as someone who has been on this board and its prior entities for 15+ year this by far the most bizarre ending to a recruitment I have ever seen and I have seen some doozies. The fact that O13 is quintupling down on Quade despite Jake and a few others giving a contrary opinion is something I have never seen. I trust Jake more then anyone but I have to say O13 has been spot on before so this whole thing is fascinating. Hope we get a positive surprise tomorrow or actually today at this point.

Bruce Pearl... and then he got caught cheating and lying too.
Correct, but he also got ostracized and was sent to coaching purgatory for years after snitching. Only after proving himself a more than capable coach was he allowed back in the fraternity years later

For whatever reason, coaches don't blow others coaches in. Think it's happened once.
"blow [someone] in?" Is that what the kids are saying these days? I don't get out much, but i don't even remember reading this on inter webs.

Okay, so, 'bad form' for a coach to snitch. Why not alums or boosters or even fans? I'm sure we wouldn't have much of a voice with the NCAA, but what about media? Wouldn't reporters have incentive to dig into this? Even if it's just bloggers — that stuff leads to 'more valid' news, no? I dunno. I'm grasping at straws, but i don't quite believe in the notion that the 'blue bloods are immune.' I don't think it's in the NCAA's interests to have Kentucky and Duke collect all the top 20 recruits, while some of them get paid and the rest need to beg for stipends. I don't see how that benefits the organization, or the audience. And they need to be more proactive in this regard. It's entirely lame to deal in 'vacated wins.' If we're discussing the 'smoke,' and have second-hand accounts from recruits they didn't get, there are other stories out there. And other schools are having the same discussions.

This is insane! Hope this is more than just a confirmation of what you were told before, and it's more in line with a source reporting that QG knows about all of this mishegas and reaffirmed his good intentions. To jerk Cal's chain would be kinda sweet. But, we're talking about what I want, and i tend to not get what i want... So, for all y'all, for the next x-number of hours, i'm gonna wear all blue and pretend i'm a hillbilly cat fan. You're welcome.

Status
Not open for further replies.