Class of 2016 - PG Tyus Battle (NJ) Signed LOI | Page 45 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 PG Tyus Battle (NJ) Signed LOI

Well, this is awkward
panic-button-gif-o.gif

Man this one is pretty crushing and I have to admit I am beginning to worry moving forward. Its been a very tough last 6 months as an SU bball fan.

No way for me to even sugar coat this one.

Agreed. Between the over the top sanctions, losing McCullough to early entry, losing out first on Bryant and now Battle on the recruiting trail--I'd say this has been about as crappy of a three month stretch in SU hoops as I can remember.

Literally, these four things worked out as the worst case scenario for SU. No way to sugar coat it.

I'm just confused why he didn't even visit us after the visit had been set up.

Agreed. Between the over the top sanctions, losing McCullough to early entry, losing out first on Bryant and now Battle on the recruiting trail--I'd say this has been about as crappy of a three month stretch in SU hoops as I can remember.

Literally, these four things worked out as the worst case scenario for SU. No way to sugar coat it.

Landing Battle or Bryant for that matter would have kind of put us back in the college bball circle on a positive note. Instead it seems like we are still reeling and backpedaling which started with the loss to Cal @ MSG.

I'm just confused why he didn't even visit us after the visit had been set up.

The officials at this point were all about pushing for a commit. Duke and Lville couldn't get one but Michigan did. Obviously he was impressed and they gave him the hard sell. Beilein earned his coffee.

I have to wonder how much the sanctions and scholarship reduction came into play though. This is my worry now.

I really was not expecting this. I wasn't sold he was coming to SU...but committing so quickly after just last week saying he was going to visit SU? Did not see this coming, at all. http://.com/tyus-battle-headed-to-michigan/

The officials at this point were all about pushing for a commit. Duke and Lville couldn't get one but Michigan did. Obviously he was impressed and they gave him the hard sell. Beilein earned his coffee.

I have to wonder how much the sanctions and scholarship reduction came into play though. This is my worry now.
I doubt the sanctions matter since we sent the entire coaching staff last month to visit him and we less schollys their is more PT available.

JB won't snake the kid after he commits to Beilein. Unlike CFB coaches don't really recruit commited CBB recruits.
I think that is up to the kid, whether he decides to take the official visit or not. If he takes it, then SU shows him their best and if he decides to change his mind then so be it. But, I doubt they take the visit now.

As bad as these past couple months have been its not all bad. We have a top recruiting class coming in, we have Mathew Moyer committed, we are still in it for a few very good 2016 guards, we know Boehiem's timeline and when Hopkins will most likely take over. It may suck now but I think 2 years from now we'll be right back to being really, really good.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom