Class of 2016 - PG Tyus Battle (NJ) Signed LOI | Page 43 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 PG Tyus Battle (NJ) Signed LOI

Yeah I agree. The biggest jump is after Freshman year. I'll be way more concerned if we're in the same place after another year.

I'm actually not worried much about Joseph. I think the improvements he makes will shock most SU fans. And if not we will have better backup options than last year IMO.

Last edited:
Joseph will surprise a lot of fans the reasons he could not succeed last year were due do strength, defense, and a weak left hand. All of which can be improved in an off season and improve quite a bit. He will be a valuable player on this team.

Joseph will surprise a lot of fans the reasons he could not succeed last year were due do strength, defense, and a weak left hand. All of which can be improved in an off season and improve quite a bit. He will be a valuable player on this team.

I don't know if he'll improve enough or not, but I'm willing to keep an open mind and recognize that we are better off with him earning minutes at the PG than having to play MG there because KJ hasn't improved.

IMO, Kaleb will not be a top tier PG in the ACC this coming year. I am sure he will improve but if we are going to compete with top tier ACC teams we need Mike to get the majority of the minutes at PG. We keep talking about KJ improving but Mike will also improve. He improved last year playing the point and he will continue to improve. Bottomline, we need a capable KJ but we compete at the top we need MG to continue improving at the PG.

In an effort to get back on topic, Michigan blogs see Tyus as a "slight Syracuse lean" FWIW

There was an article yesterday that was by some Michigan recruiting blog that had Duke as the leader for Tyus. I still feel he basically decided he wants to go to SU and then scheduled his visits to see if any of these schools could wow him and change his mind. Just checking them off the list IMO.

I think Boeheim would be better in press conferences if it weren't right after a game. He needs some time to calm down, especially after a loss. Too bad, he is a great coach and does wonderful things in the community. Unfortunately his obnoxious demeanor and lack of any respect for the media loses him fans. Maybe a new AD will gain his respect and have a positive influence.

I think Boeheim would be better in press conferences if it weren't right after a game. He needs some time to calm down, especially after a loss. Too bad, he is a great coach and does wonderful things in the community. Unfortunately his obnoxious demeanor and lack of any respect for the media loses him fans. Maybe a new AD will gain his respect and have a positive influence.
Oh yes, I'm sure the right AD will change Jim at 70 whatever years old and 40 years of coaching into a local media darling.

I'd settle for just being civil with the media, forget "Media Darling" ! As a coach, JAB will be hard to replace, hope that day is further away that previously annouced !!

People. This is not the thread for dumping on players or chastising the coach's manners.

Now, any noise coming out of Ann Arbor today?

He should be home by now. Now it's our turn in two weeks. I like our chances as it appears he made each of his trips to eliminate each team he visits.

I'm glad we are involved with other 2016 PG's , just have a bad feeling about Tyus going our way. Hope I'm wrong on this one, but this young man has had more than ample opportunity to declare for us. Hope I'm wrong, but I smell Duke !

I'm glad we are involved with other 2016 PG's , just have a bad feeling about Tyus going our way. Hope I'm wrong on this one, but this young man has had more than ample opportunity to declare for us. Hope I'm wrong, but I smell Duke !
You realize he is visiting us about 10 days before making his formal announcementt right? That's some powerful last chance to reign him in.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom