Philosophical Question... | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Philosophical Question...

I agree with my esteemed drunken colleague from the north on this. I'm all for being elitist (I did vote for Obama twice, after all - there, I saved all of our conservative friends the trouble of zinging me by doing it for them), and I'm sure many people who know me have referred to me as such on numerous occasions, but when it comes to a message board like this - we were all new at some point. Don't judge a person by the quantity of his or her posts, but by the quality.

Well said jek. And honestly do we really need a post count???

Hey now, don't take away my post count, or my likes.. It's the only reason I get out of bed in the morning

The sum of mine was still not enough to save me from being banned in the past. I suppose that means the content of my posts is lacking.

Haters gonna HATE...beer half full or half empty

As SU fans on this board, some with such a negative agenda should perhaps pick another team

But it does not work that way
I can usually tell pretty quick as go along a thread whether to continue or move on to another
I think the mods do a great job

One thing we fans forget too easy is the athletes want to win more than we...
They put in all the hard work and they sure dont want to ever lose
I tend toward optimism but when I hang around my friends from Philly too long my view can slant toward the negative

I like to see other points of view...walking in their moccasins so to speak

I say keep up the great work all...I'll soon be spending larger parts of my days here
LETS GO ORANGE

OO44

My take (thanks SUTomcat) - people should post when you hear stuff.

So here is 2 things I've heard so far - 19 infractions, 11 drug related.

I thought that is why we had the pay side of the board? To keep the riff raff, rabble rousers and commoners out.
Exactly! Spot on. The only thing that's troubled me is that when I got the T-shirt from paying my payside fee it was 2 sizes too small! I could have handled that by giving it to my wife but this year when the coffee cup arrived and was chipped... now that put me over the top!

My take (thanks SUTomcat) - people should post when you hear stuff.

So here is 2 things I've heard so far - 19 infractions, 11 drug related.

People/Posters like Jake, Bees, CTO, you know.

I will take you with a big grain of salt, no offense.

CTO

I am in Enough is Enough, Let's wait and see what the NCAA does/or does not do.

I have actually slowed down coming in lately, but my reasoning was, right now that is all that will be on ppls minds. And rightly so. Why not? I have trained myself to look the otherway and when the ball is first tipped off, worry about basketball. Actually not worry about anything, because it won't help one bit. It's not like I will think if a way for them to get out of it. After all thats kinda what its all about isn't it, basketball .And we are going to be good this year! Can't wait for tip-off!

People/Posters like Jake, Bees, CTO, you know.

I will take you with a big grain of salt, no offense.

So now you are a stalker.

Newbie - I've been on this message board since 2011 - I know who CTO, Bees, SUTomcat are by sight and have sat next to them at various functions perhaps unbeknownst to them (and my favorite mod was Orangeyes God Bless his soul). It's people like you that cause people like me not to post anymore that post what we hear. I thought that was what a message board was all about.

Pray tell again who anointed you as judge and jury of people who post what they find out. I didn't lash out at anyone - you did. Please go back to Syracuse.com where you belong newbie. I'm going dark again even if I find out more about the hearing...nuff said.

So now you are a stalker.

Newbie - I've been on this message board since 2011 - I know who CTO, Bees, SUTomcat are by sight and have sat next to them at various functions perhaps unbeknownst to them (and my favorite mod was Orangeyes God Bless his soul). It's people like you that cause people like me not to post anymore that post what we hear.

Pray tell again who anointed you as judge and jury of people who post what they find out. I didn't lash out at anyone - you did. Please go back to Syracuse.com where you belong newbie. I'm going dark again even if I find out more about the hearing...nuff said.

I am not gonna get in a back n forth with you.

Sorry, If I am in the Let's wait and see what happens camp (and there are others who are in that camp). CTO post specifically address what we are fighting over.

I have shared my philosophy. You called me a D head. I never called you any name.

Last edited:
Can't be a public board that gets mentioned on news stories in the paper, gets mentioned by Niko on the news broadcasts every now and then, invites board members to fundraisers, tailgate parties, road trips and be "public" but then on the other hand censor peoples opinions. Either make it a totally private even a pay message board by invite only, or keep it public and put up with people with different opinions and the occasional clown.

And you can't run the board with the thoughts "recruits might see this what will they think." Look if a recruit is picking a school based off an internet message board or if that is playing even the smallest of factors, then seriously the recruit has bigger issues. Plus this site is tame (even at its worst) compared to fan message boards of SEC and Big 10 schools.

Annnnnnnnnnnd this is the only time I feel it's necessary to call out a new poster.

and I am being teamed up on. We got into a debate/Opinion/Stance. On a Message board.

I never told him " don't post that hear", he told me to go to syracuse.com where I belong. I never called him any name, he called me a d head.

And that I'm a newbie is being held against me in all this.

and I am being teamed up on. We got into a debate/Opinion/Stance. On a Message board.

I never told him " don't post that hear", he told me to go to syracuse.com where I belong. I never called him any name, he called me a d head.

And that I'm a newbie is being held against me in all this.

I should stay dark but go to the other thread and you will see that you told me to go back to Syracuse.com first - I was only defending myself. Can't believe I'm even responding.

I am going back to the pay side where everyone gets along...

Glad to see we both have mellowed over time - must be age. One day I'll introduce myself as I have enjoyed your posts over the last few years...;)

I should stay dark but go to the other thread and you will see that you told me to go back to Syracuse.com first - I was only defending myself. Can't believe I'm even responding.

and then you called me a D Head.

I am done with this and you. Not going to continue this back n forth.

and your lying. I never told you to go to syracuse.com. I said (in my stance) you post, then somebody else posts, and you have a syracuse.com look.

You made it personal, You called me a D head.

I just put him back on ignore. He was rude and is so ignorant that he can't even realize he came off like that. I have been around this site in its many different forms and sites and if you treat people respectfully it will not matter if you are a new poster or a long time poster. I have said many stupid things on this board but as I have gotten older I try not to make things personal anymore. That is my 2 cents Go Orange!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom