Playing in a storm again? | Syracusefan.com

Playing in a storm again?

Shenexon

All American
The Hurricane Game didn't play to our strengths and the weather channel forecast is now: Steady light rain in the morning. Windy with showers continuing in the afternoon. High 61F. Winds W at 25 to 35 mph. Chance of rain 80%. Winds could occasionally gust over 40 mph. This road game in a tornado thing is not our best template. Our running game against their run defense makes me hope we score enough when the wind is at our back to make up for the when it isn't. I hope the first storm gave us good experience how to play in a gale...

Fudge. Lets just hope Babers learned from the Wake game.

Dino made a good point yesterday that playing in a Hurricane where it had been raining all day and playing in rain showers is much different. Obviously the weather will affect the offense against a very good defense but I can't imagine the conditions to be worse than Wake. Also the rain chances drop significantly at around noon. Lets pray for the best.

wake is a much better team than bc which hurt us vs wake

i wouldn't underestimate the psychological impact the hurricane had on the kids. It was a long road trip flying into the path of a major storm. A storm that was splashed all over the TV. these are kids.

this is an easy roadtrip and in the kids minds the weather might be a little lousy. much different.

Dino must not have called Mother Nature after their date?

The Hurricane Game didn't play to our strengths and the weather channel forecast is now: Steady light rain in the morning. Windy with showers continuing in the afternoon. High 61F. Winds W at 25 to 35 mph. Chance of rain 80%. Winds could occasionally gust over 40 mph. This road game in a tornado thing is not our best template. Our running game against their run defense makes me hope we score enough when the wind is at our back to make up for the when it isn't. I hope the first storm gave us good experience how to play in a gale...

Where I live we refer to it as a weather donut hole. It can be raining all around us and we don't get a drop due to the topography and man made structures. Hopefully BC will be a donut hole, in more ways than one, on Saturday.

And just a fyi what that percentage number means is that there is a 80 percent chance that rain will fall somewhere (at any one or multiple locations) within the forecast area. Maybe just on the BC sideline.

Game is on turf which helps. Field will drain better. I think it's possible showers and wind. Showers might start in the second half.

I'm sick of checking weather forecasts! And have to laugh about all the "football is meant to be played outdoors"people. How many would we have in the stands in the cuse if conditions were like this? Having said that we're making the 5 he trip tomorrow. See yall in sec OO

i wouldn't underestimate the psychological impact the hurricane had on the kids. It was a long road trip flying into the path of a major storm. A storm that was splashed all over the TV. these are kids.

this is an easy roadtrip and in the kids minds the weather might be a little lousy. much different.
In retrospect, you could say that the hurricane game was just a training opportunity for this game...if there is a silver lining...

We need to stop calling the WF game a "hurricane game". If conditions were anywhere near hurricane conditions, the game would have been cancelled. The weather didn't play to our strengths but we didn't come ready to play. The game plan and adjustments were lousy. Let's stop making excuses and blaming the weather. If we need perfect weather conditions to beat teams then I guess our ceiling is 7-8 wins. There will always be 5-6 road games, half of which will probably be in some type of wind, rain or humidity.

We need to stop calling the WF game a "hurricane game". If conditions were anywhere near hurricane conditions, the game would have been cancelled. The weather didn't play to our strengths but we didn't come ready to play. The game plan and adjustments were lousy. Let's stop making excuses and blaming the weather. If we need perfect weather conditions to beat teams then I guess our ceiling is 7-8 wins. There will always be 5-6 road games, half of which will probably be in some type of wind, rain or humidity.

Thanks.. Another guy I would love to party with.

So NC State - ND was just a good ole fashioned defensive struggle?

No one is blaming the weather. But it affected what we do best and played to what they do best.

Call it whatever you want - but gusts of wind and rain that come from a hurricane nearby make throwing very difficult.

Our margin for error at the moment is very small. But it's more about roster and year 1 in the system than it is some sort of fatal flaw in the system.

No one is blaming the weather.
Calling it a hurricane game is basically doing just that. It's a convenient label and a gross exaggeration.