Playing in a storm again? | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Playing in a storm again?

Bad Weather: The Achilles Heal of the Babers Offensive Philosophy

Hmm. Ok.

Henceforth, we will call it a "outskirts of a hurricane game that played a role, but not too much of a role game" ;)

The outerband hurricane game or the tornado watch game?

ABC_hurricane_matthew_radar_6_jt_161008_4x3_992.jpg

We need to stop calling the WF game a "hurricane game". If conditions were anywhere near hurricane conditions, the game would have been cancelled. The weather didn't play to our strengths but we didn't come ready to play. The game plan and adjustments were lousy. Let's stop making excuses and blaming the weather. If we need perfect weather conditions to beat teams then I guess our ceiling is 7-8 wins. There will always be 5-6 road games, half of which will probably be in some type of wind, rain or humidity.
Really? Just like the NCAA/ACC cancelled the games at NC State and UNC.

Hopefully, the rain hits in the am and winds take over around kick. That's the weather channel app prediction thus far. I would rather deal with wind and a ball ED can grip and our boys can catch. We got this;)

The weather will be rain on Saturday but we need to just hope the wind is fine.
I was at the Wake game the wind was insane. If it's just rain we will be able to throw the ball.

The weather will be rain on Saturday but we need to just hope the wind is fine.
I was at the Wake game the wind was insane. If it's just rain we will be able to throw the ball.

The weather report on the Boston channels have been saying Friday will not be nice, but by Saturday game time the rain will be gone.
Might be windy, but come on... Let's just beat these guys like we all know we should.

Last weeks VT' game was awesome (and a gift. but that's a discussion for another thread).. This weekend we need to kick some eagle arse.

This improving weather anomaly is known as the Gerami Grant Effect. By game time it'll sunny, 78 degrees, not a cloud in the sky with a nice double rainbow overhead

Looking like 30% pregame and 50-60% during. Its actually improved. Go Cuse!

Trip back going to be a mess. Heavy wet snow in the Berkshires late afternoon/evening.

showers and a game temp of 66 degrees. It does not seem like the weather is going to wreak havoc in today’s contest. We should win this game if we play as we did vs. Va. Tech, No excuses - even though we are the away team. DB has this team now playing the way it should. Good luck to us.

Calling it a hurricane game is basically doing just that. It's a convenient label and a gross exaggeration.

Just so you know I live down here. I also live in the Charlotte area which is a little farther inland and it was very windy. Blew over multiple trees some big some small. Call it what you want but it had an effect on me and I wasn't outside in it.