Playing in a storm again? | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Playing in a storm again?

I'm here and it sucks and is gonna suck. Last night there was flash flood warnings around here after nearly 2 inches of rain. Wind and gale force warnings now Til Sunday and rain kicks in right around game time. Fairly warm now but drops precipitously by game time. People may want to downplay this all but with our O it's a factor.

Here's hoping they can overcome it better than the last time. Got my rain wind relatively cold gear all ready to go. Go Cuse'

is it so hard to accurately title a thread? I see, "a few..." and I have no idea what the thread is about. A few thoughts on the game? A few players to look at? "A few..." could lead to almost literally anything. To click and see yet another weather thread is annoying and unnecessary. I'm totally on board with the whole "don't click on the thread if you don't like it" thing, that that only works if the thread starter does the basic courtesy of describing what the thread is about.

I'm here and it sucks and is gonna suck. Last night there was flash flood warnings around here after nearly 2 inches of rain. Wind and gale force warnings now Til Sunday and rain kicks in right around game time. Fairly warm now but drops precipitously by game time. People may want to downplay this all but with our O it's a factor.

Here's hoping they can overcome it better than the last time. Got my rain wind relatively cold gear all ready to go. Go Cuse'

Ugh, hoping we can overcome this. Terrible luck running into two horrible weather games in the same year, hope the staff learned from the Wake game.

I don't think the rain will be a factor and it's not super windy like at wake and bc has no offense

I am in Boston. It is raining right now but is a really fine mist. Would not be a problem.

The forecast is now calling for rain to start about 1:30 pm. Looks to me as though the front with the rain is stalling pretty badly. Moved maybe 60 miles in the last 3 hours. Based only on the radar map, I don't think it will rain hard until around 3 pm. Maybe 4 pm.

Hopefully plenty of time to get a big lead first.

Last edited:
I love how the highest percentage of rain is during the 3hrs of the game today.

I love how the highest percentage of rain is during the 3hrs of the game today.

Can't be as bad as it was here last night.

Hopefully we have a good first half and build a lead before the rain arrives.

I am in Boston. It is raining right now but is a really fine mist. Would not be a problem.

The forecast is now calling for rain to start about 1:30 pm. Looks to me as though the front with the rain is stalling pretty badly. Moved maybe 60 miles in the last 3 hours. Based only on the radar map, I don't think it will rain hard until around 3 pm. Maybe 4 pm.

Hopefully plenty of time to get a big lead first.
Tom how are the winds?

We need to stop calling the WF game a "hurricane game". If conditions were anywhere near hurricane conditions, the game would have been cancelled. The weather didn't play to our strengths but we didn't come ready to play. The game plan and adjustments were lousy. Let's stop making excuses and blaming the weather. If we need perfect weather conditions to beat teams then I guess our ceiling is 7-8 wins. There will always be 5-6 road games, half of which will probably be in some type of wind, rain or humidity.
Actually the North Carolina Governor told all 4 schools that they should not have played the games, they put players, and fans at risk. Stated next time they would declare an emergency, which would cancel all the games.