Please tell me the rules of the board | Syracusefan.com

Please tell me the rules of the board

Status
Not open for further replies.

GooseMutt

All Conference
I' m new here and don't know what is not acceptable. I truly am a fan and have no intentions of undermining Syracuse Basketball. If I have appeared negative it is because I have been frustrated and confused about this year. Any guidelines you can provide would be much appreciated . Thank You!

It's an Internet forum. Post whatever you want. If people disagree they will let you know and/or ignore the post.

It's an Internet forum. Post whatever you want. If people disagree they will let you know and/or ignore the post.
I've been sent a note from a staff member about being too negative so I am doing something wrong in their eyes. I apologize to those I've offended and want to know how to correct it. I did not say anything negative about yesterday but admittedly been a little rough on Boeheim in other posts. I've read other posts that were very nasty but have never seen anyone receive a public board warning like I got today. I am just looking for clarity on how the board operates. Ty

cto's beef is that every thread you start is negative, even after we blow someone out.
It's kind of trollish.
Again I'm new. What defines a troll? I don't get it. How do I benefit by making people angry? I am far from the only person to have appeared negative. Now I feel compelled to only say what people want to hear on this board.

Again I'm new. What defines a troll? I don't get it. How do I benefit by making people angry? I am far from the only person to have appeared negative. Now I feel compelled to only say what people want to hear on this board.

You and a few others have been beating a dead horse with your complaints about Boeheims coaching. I mean how many times do you need to repeat yourself. That pretty much sums it up. Do you have to discuss the same topic every game?

You and a few others have been beating a dead horse with your complaints about Boeheims coaching. I mean how many times do you need to repeat yourself. That pretty much sums it up. Do you have to discuss the same topic every game?

lol

Trolls are miserable people. They benefit by trying to make other people as unhappy as they are. No one expects others to be pollyannna's. But if every post is negative... I don't have any idea long you have been a fan, but we have been very successful.

I understand and didn't mean to be redundant.

Trolls are miserable people. They benefit by trying to make other people as unhappy as they are. No one expects others to be pollyannna's. But if every post is negative... I don't have any idea long you have been a fan, but we have been very successful.
Graduated SU in 1980. Fan a long time. Big Fan! Had no intentions of alienating other fans. This sux.

Post whatever you want, for as many seemingly "negative" threads that often spawn serious/interesting argument and discussion... there are many positive threads and glass half fulls. I suggest if you're that worried, you post a picture of a dog in the "safe space thread". Should mend up relations with posters that are concerned with your conduct.

It's an internet forum. Just don't post that we don't belong in the ACC or that Cooney's bad at basketball.

Give credit when we do well. Be consistent. Nothing about yesterday should cause a real ounce of criticism.
I wrote a post today discussing our recruiting problems and possible reasons for them( yes I stated that Boeheim publicly criticizing players and Olympic involvement may be hurting us- Sorry guys) and this was the post that triggered my warning. For the record I did not say anything at all about yesterday's game.

thomas paine's COMMON SENSE was considered both truth or heresy depending on the particular viewpoint of the reader.

Graduated SU in 1980. Fan a long time. Big Fan! Had no intentions of alienating other fans. This sux.
GooseMutt, keep posting! But do it with awareness. This forum has been more "negative" than I have ever seen but that is because the circumstances of our season have taken us into uncharted territory. I have certainly made critical comments about this or that, and I am pretty sure virtually everyone who has posted here this season has done the same.

I think the admins have done a good job with our freakedoutness and the comments this excruciating state has precipitated. I am pretty sure I have given some of your posts a like and you do have things of value to say on this board. I think CTO is asking you to up your self-awareness of what you post.

GooseMutt, keep posting! But do it with awareness. This forum has been more "negative" than I have ever seen but that is because the circumstances of our season have taken us into uncharted territory. I have certainly made critical comments about this or that, and I am pretty sure virtually everyone who has posted here this season has done the same.

I think the admins have done a good job with our freakedoutness and the comments this excruciating state has precipitated. I am pretty sure I have given some of your posts a like and you do have things of value to say on this board. I think CTO is asking you to up your self-awareness of what you post.
Bball. Thanks man! Appreciate your insight and kind words. Your comments always! I will try to be more aware and sensitive to the board. I really am not a basher by nature and don't ever want to be. I am a recently retired back to Jersey/family after 30 years as a business exec in Silicon Valley and my nature is to try to identify problems and fix them. I guess I carried it over to this board and as an ex manager of people my style is different than Coach Boeheims recent behavior( here I go again. Damn it). I love Boeheim! I love my kids too but occasionally have to be critical with them. Thanks again!

Remember...

...based upon one's perspective, life experiences, and their own thinking. You and only you control the amount of attention/weight it brings upon you. ;):)

I' m new here and don't know what is not acceptable. I truly am a fan and have no intentions of undermining Syracuse Basketball. If I have appeared negative it is because I have been frustrated and confused about this year. Any guidelines you can provide would be much appreciated . Thank You!
Spend some time reading various threads and you'll get a feel for what plays well and what doesn't, and you'll also learn something about the various people who post here.

Spend some time reading various threads and you'll get a feel for what plays well and what doesn't, and you'll also learn something about the various people who post here.
Good advice thanks

I know some of the administrators on this site personally. I know it's not an easy job. I've complained about other posters to them in the past. Sometimes I don't even understand the where the line is that when you cross over it you are reprimanded. Some seem to get away with more than others. The overly repetitive stuff does get wearisome. Saying that, I think they do a good job , I appreciate what they do, and I wouldn't want to do it.

Remember...

...based upon one's perspective, life experiences, and their own thinking. You and only you control the amount of attention/weight it brings upon you. ;):)
Thank you everyone for your input.

Good advice thanks
Also, there are usually a lot of active threads and recurring themes on this board, so if I have something to say I usually check to see if there is already an appropriate place to express my thoughts and post there rather than starting a new thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom