Poll: Do We Even Want To Be In The NIT? | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Poll: Do We Even Want To Be In The NIT?

Poll: Do We Even Want To Be In The NIT?

• Total voters
Many fans have complained about how whiny our players were this year (and they way too much)

But also fail to realize that they have absolutely outclassed our players in that department.

Yet it's probably happening for the almost all of Boston College, LSU, Appalachian St, Washington, Minnesota, SMU, Florida St and Indiana, a number of which have NET's right around or worse than 89.

32 teams got to get in, and with no more auto's its a hard tourney to fill.

If one of those is out, next in line per this site is this: Xavier, Maryland, Duquesne, Saint Joseph's, Massachusetts, St. Bonaventure, North Texas, Yale, Cornell

Wow, looks like we may get it. I'll take the L there. I thought there were more mid majors in the loop

The NIT is only taking the Top 2 NET rated ACC teams for guaranteed home games. Unless the ACC gets more NCAA bids we might not even get invited.

BC, NCSt, VTech and UVA are above us in NET.

I suspect our brand cachet gets us in but no guarantees.

Last edited:
The NIT is only taking the Top 2 NET rated ACC teams. Unless the ACC gets more NCAA bids we probably don't even get invited.

BC, NCSt, VTech are above us.
NIT has to take top 2 Net ranked teams from ACC then there are still going to be 20 at large bids

nothing more than clickbait. There can be NIT bid thieves as well as NCAA bid thieves

Like is USF doesnt win the American they will get an NIT bid Same with Desquene and St Bonaventure. Throw in St Joes and VCU.

If UC Irvine gets picked off in the Big West they will take a bid away from someone. They have 24 wins and an 73 NET. Throw in Princeton if they dont win the IVY league

We are way below the pecking order

With all the rumored players that are going to be entering the portal will we even have enough players to field a team?

With all the rumored players that are going to be entering the portal will we even have enough players to field a team?
Didn’t football players that entered the portal still play in Bowl games?Could be wrong but I thought that was allowed.

nothing more than clickbait. There can be NIT bid thieves as well as NCAA bid thieves

Like is USF doesnt win the American they will get an NIT bid Same with Desquene and St Bonaventure. Throw in St Joes and VCU.

If UC Irvine gets picked off in the Big West they will take a bid away from someone. They have 24 wins and an 73 NET. Throw in Princeton if they dont win the IVY league

We are way below the pecking order

NIT bracketology is far from the gospel, but it seems like he gives it some serious thought (where nobody else finds it worth their time)

Yes there will be some busters (Grand Canyon is another), but seems there are a number of teams that are in that could be below us on the pecking order and ,more exposed. I would include everybody on the 7 and 8 line.

As of today
8 seeds - Loyola, Duquesne, Yale, Florida St
7 seeds - Syracuse, Boston College, Washington, Minnesota.

No more NIT auto bids for 1st place teams that don't win their conference tournament? I loved that rule and thought it was great for the smaller schools to give them an upgrade over the CBI or CIT.

What a pathetic and horrible competition the NIT is if they in fact made that change to screw smaller schools. Even though posts today against my favorite player on the team maybe I want us to make it so Q can ball out and earn the PG job for next year.

No more NIT auto bids for 1st place teams that don't win their conference tournament? I loved that rule and thought it was great for the smaller schools to give them an upgrade over the CBI or CIT.

What a pathetic and horrible competition the NIT is if they in fact made that change to screw smaller schools. Even though posts today against my favorite player on the team maybe I want us to make it so Q can ball out and earn the PG job for next year.
I think the NCAA changed the NIT because FOX was thinking about creating a competing tournament with all or mostly P6 schools. So NCAA changed the NIT to include more P6 schools.

If we get a bid, they should match us up with Villanova, at least go old school to give it a little bit of intrigue

Having the transfer portal open before the NCAAT is over is just insane. But then the whole administration of college sports is insane today.
The logic is opening the cabin door on a flight during the descent prior to landing. Yeah that’s right there really isn’t any logic to it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cuse702

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom