Postgame Thoughts… NC State | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Postgame Thoughts… NC State

Another poor showing by refs overall. A lot of no calls that went State's way in the first half.
Refs missed an obvious goal tend as well.
Then they start calling weird fouls on players going straight up or not even moving.
I think the crappy officiating balanced out over the course of the entire game with the ones at the end going our way for once.

Marvel Studios GIF by Disney+
Clearly you agree with the F everything part.

Keats angry, boeheim laughing it off because he doesn't give AF, he's super old and he still thinks his son is on the team and they finally beat a ranked team.

Facts to start and finish and good zingers in the middle.

Well done. 2 thumbs up.

He's earned the right to mind everyone's business if he wants to.

We just about control our own destiny to get a double bye. Win out and have Clemson lose one other game (they will) and it’s ours.

I can’t believe we will finally won a close game against a good team. Was anyone not certain we would invent away to blow it?
-It would’ve been perfect if brown, instead of just catching the ball, inexplicably batted it out and North Carolina state that hit the three.
-Judah was nothing short of scintillating in the second half. 20 points and nine assists, perfect from the line and a huge three. He looked like a future pro out there and if he has four or five more games like that, which would be very hard for him to do, He might end up being a borderline first round pick or at least an early second round pick. You don’t have to be a professional scout to know that his stroke is improving and he will end up being a solid outside shooter if not better. He is also dishing the ball off the dribble more than he has all season. He is evolving as a point guard for sure.
-after a very soft first half Maliq came back and played well in the second half. I have no idea what he was doing by batting that ball in the final moments when all he had to do was grab it and either get fouled or pass the ball.
-Jesse missed so many good looks in the first half. But to his credit he kept at it and had a monster second half. I thought Keats did us a favor by leaving Burns on the bench for so long.
-if you complained about the refereeing tonight you better check yourself. Not only could Jesse have had four fouls but they also bailed out Judah and put him on the line when NC St. didn’t touch him.
-it is funny how JB yanked bell all season long and now he‘s a fixture out there even when he is missing threes. It’s not like his rebounding is any better, he played 34 minutes and had only three rebounds.
-i’m happy for the kids and the students as well. I can’t remember a season with so many heartbreaking losses. Can’t wait to see what that building is like this weekend for Duke.

Last edited:
Couldn’t see Keats’ facial expression but JB was smiling. Looked like a light hearted exchange. This is a big nothing burger.
It didn't start out that way, Keats clearly wasn't happy and said something, then JB said I got screwed blah blah, a few more exchanges then they played it off by laughing.

I didn't say screwed, it was I got ffff'd

We got a quality win!! Finally.

Jesse 3, Judah 3. Huge shots. Hell, I’ll take it.

Brown with a great tip out deep on the last play after they got a great look and missed.

Wasn’t pretty a lot, but we finally got a solid win.
Great win!

I thought JB handled himself well in the handshake line. I think since he got a win JB was as on cloud9, Keats could have said anything to him and he would have just smiled and walked away

The big guy walks almost every time, changing his established pivot foot. That said, what a great touch.
Jesse needed to just play him on his left side and let him go right, and not turn back left.

Speaking of footwork, I was criticizing Jesse's at halftime, when he was 0-3 from the field. With about 9 minutes left, he scored on a quick efficient turn on the low block, and did the same thing again late in the game, going to his right with a little jump hook, and getting fouled for the 3 point play. That one gave us the lead at 73-70. His best moves are the simple quick ones.

Clearly the difference in the game being 16-17 from the line and State only getting there 5 times making only 3. That and those two dagger 3’s for us as the shot clock was expiring in both instances. Jesse’s first of his career, along with Mintz shooting in the twenty something percentage range.

We were due for some good fortune.
True though NCST guy banked in a three From the Corner.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom