Postgame Thoughts... Duke ACCT | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Postgame Thoughts... Duke ACCT

We win with Buddy and Jesse.

Of course, we wouldn't have been in the 8/9 game with a healthy Jesse.

So we would have beaten Duke in the Semis or Finals.

:D
How would we have not been in the 8/9 game?

Even if you give us UNC and Miami, we are still in the 8/9 game.

I'm excited about Symir at the point next season. If he doesn't start at the point and we go back to Joe, I'm done before the season starts. If Swider returns we will be in good shape.
Center - Jesse
Forward - Swider
Forward - Benny
Shooting Guard - Girard
Point Guard - Symir

Build around that with Frank, the incoming freshman class and hopefully 2 good transfer players.

So close to a monumental win today-
Regardless, happy that the last 2 games ended the season on a high note.
Though lacking in some well-documented ways during a trying season, this team proved they have heart.
Respect them for who they are beyond basketball players -should be successful in life.
Hold on .. we’re Syracuse .. we can be proud of the performance today but we shouldn’t be considering losses a high note

First and foremost great game and effort by the kids.

Makes me wonder though if the season would have went better if
1) Mixed up our defences within the game a bit more like we did today.
2) Went deeper into our bench at times

I'm excited about Symir at the point next season. If he doesn't start at the point and we go back to Joe, I'm done before the season starts. If Swider returns we will be in good shape.
Center - Jesse
Forward - Swider
Forward - Benny
Shooting Guard - Girard
Point Guard - Symir

Build around that with Frank, the incoming freshman class and hopefully 2 good transfer players.
I wouldn't start doodling lineups just yet. The next two months are going to be crazy-pants.

How would we have not been in the 8/9 game?

Even if you give us UNC and Miami, we are still in the 8/9 game.
If we want to win the ACC tournament, at some point, we will meet Duke.

NIT bracketologists suggested we had to go 2-1 in the ACCT to be considered.

We should accept NIT bid if getting invited. Don't let Buddy's career end with a sour note.
If we get invited.
One amazing effort today by all. Jimmy trying to do everything to win, an amazing save by Bourama as the ball was almost out of bounds. Everyone played their hearts out. Great game by a team sorely lacking in personnel. We couldn't chance fouling so they just drove the lane which was the disparity in the score.
Refs did not do us any favors.
We are a great program no matter what anyone says about anyone or anything, IMO.
Congrats to JB, Juli, their sons and to all SU fans everywhere.
On to next year and football.

a few thoughts:
-Wow Symir. It is just hard to believe the kid sat the whole year. He had 11 assists but got the other guys far more good looks than that. It was so nice not to have unforced turnovers from our pg and he put pressure on the defense. He easily broke pressure, we would have easily won against Miami last weekend had he been healthy. And he was smart, he really didn't force anything because he was fast, athletic and under control. He appreciates being part of the program and seems to be well respected and liked by his teammates. Great for him to build on for next year. How JB didn't find 10 minutes a game for him at a minimum defies explanation. He could have opened things up for Buddy, JG and Cole. Maybe we beat Virginia if JB gives him a shot instead of letting Clark abuse JG3.
-What an effort by Bourama to go out on. Blocking shots, diving for loose balls. And Frank looks more than capable of being a solid piece backing up Jesse next year. Made a solid jump from last season.
-Jimmy was great today and played with heart as always. His issues are well chronicled but he deserves a ton of credit for today and it was fun to see his brother rooting him on so hard.
-Just a shame it had to end like that for Buddy.
-I want Cole back so badly. Kid shook off the bad start. He's legit and plays with heart.
-I'm proud of the effort the team made today. They gave it everything they had against a far better opponent and almost pulled it out. And I rarely complain about the refs but they were awful. The fourth Swider foul and the JBA flagrant were embarrassing and really affected the game.

Almost another post season miracle...

Despite the loss, the program (and JB) needed that type of "against all odds" performance on a national stage against the bluest of blue blood programs to return just a little luster, however fleeting, to the Syracuse image.

Almost another post season miracle...

Despite the loss, the program (and JB) needed that type of "against all odds" performance on a national stage against the bluest of blue blood programs to return just a little luster, however fleeting, to the Syracuse image.
Today's performance is better than any PR firm can stage.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cuse702

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom