Postgame Thoughts... Duke ACCT | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Postgame Thoughts... Duke ACCT

Hold on .. we’re Syracuse .. we can be proud of the performance today but we shouldn’t be considering losses a high note
SU could have easily played a demoralized game and lost by 30+, followed by shrugs all around.
Instead, they followed yesterday's great effort with a generally unexpected, even more impressive one.
When considering the body of work for this year's team and that important players missed today's game, I'll stand by saying that, though the miracle W didn't happen, yes it was a high note.
This game was more entertaining and impressive than many of the W's.
Their effort got national attention, and regained some lost respect for the program after a rough season.

Still lots of nits to pick with the program, but this team ended their season with a statement I respect, and I'm happy for them.

After some more reflection (and alcohol), thank you team. Cannot say how much I appreciate this effort today. So close to bringing home the win. A few more breaks/bounces/calls, we hold on.

I love Syracuse. I will always be sad when the season ends. Nothing lasts forever, but until I stop breathing, my love for this school will.

Just got done reading through the entire thread. Some good stuff I agree with 1000%. Complete team effort but I need to congratulate Bourma for his above and beyond effort. He is the ultimate warrior and gave us everything he had. It is always tough to beat a pre NBA roster that a few schools seem to assemble every year but our rag tag scrubs (all 6.5 of them) gave them all they can handle. One thing I am sick of hearing and am so freaking glad is almost over is "Mr Smiles/Goody Twoshoes" when he wins coach but when the heat is on during the game he is the biggest whiner and constantly getting the benefit of the calls, especially in the ACC. Probably will get message deleted but I feel JB completely outcoached Mr Wonderful today. Great game Orange.

Would have liked to see what would have happened had they not made that very questionable call on Cole. Really killed our momentum and we were basically playing catch up after that instead of having a 4-point lead and the pressure going to the heavy favorites.

Last edited:
Proud of the guys, that was an inspirational effort. Great to see Jimmy and Bourama have memorable final games like that.

Deep in the second half it was hard not to think another 2006 conference tournament type of run was possible.

Just got done reading through the entire thread. Some good stuff I agree with 1000%. Complete team effort but I need to congratulate Bourma for his above and beyond effort. He is the ultimate warrior and gave us everything he had. It is always tough to beat a pre NBA roster that a few schools seem to assemble every year but our rag tag scrubs (all 6.5 of them) gave them all they can handle. One thing I am sick of hearing and am so freaking glad is almost over is "Mr Smiles/Goody Twoshoes" when he wins coach but when the heat is on during the game he is the biggest whiner and constantly getting the benefit of the calls, especially in the ACC. Probably will get message deleted but I feel JB completely outcoached Mr Wonderful today. Great game Orange.
K seems to be doing no coaching. It's interesting to watch. Kids were great yesterday but, and I am the last person on the ref cost us bandwagon, no way the league allows Ks last game to be a loss to a newbie, especially JB. Once it was close something was going to get called.

K seems to be doing no coaching. It's interesting to watch. Kids were great yesterday but, and I am the last person on the ref cost us bandwagon, no way the league allows Ks last game to be a loss to a newbie, especially JB. Once it was close something was going to get called.
I agree the refs did not cost us the game, but the call on Swider basically shut us down. Shame on us for not having a reasonable replacement for Cole for 3/4 minutes but that has been exhausted on this board. A JB win yesterday would have been 1100 and I am sure K did not want to be remembered for that along with getting knocked out of the ACCT in the first game they played in his final year. After the beating they took last weekend by UNCheaters, it was agreed no more embarrassments.

Someone pointed out to me today the perfect analogy. This game felt like Kentucky 96. Huge underdog, played hard as hell, just about maxed out what we could give, but in the end, too much talent on the other side.
What popped into my head yesterday:

Z Simms gets dinged and goes to the bench for a couple of minutes = Swider gets phony 4th foul called and goes to the bench for a couple of minutes.

In both games, things shifted on the loss of a key player for a short time.

Thus David Patrick = JBA.

JB coached circles around K’s ass yesterday

Someone pointed out to me today the perfect analogy. This game felt like Kentucky 96. Huge underdog, played hard as hell, just about maxed out what we could give, but in the end, too much talent on the other side.
Also shady foul calls. IIRC the first 2 foul calls on Wallace were weak

First off, hell of an effort by our short handed team. Incredible stuff out there.

We had the lead with 3' left and forced a Duke miss... if we just got that loose ball...

That said. Screw that flagrant foul call, and screw that Cole fourth foul more importantly. Absolutely garbage stuff, that DID impact this outcome.

Always sad for me when the season ends. I love this school so much.
The call on Swider shows once again how one call or one play can turn a game around. That foul should not have been called. Had no impact on the game since Duke got the rebound. How many times are shooting fouls called only after the ball does not go in. If the ball goes in, no foul call.

The Duke 3 with 55 seconds left happened because Sy was gassed and did not slide to cut off penetration.
The whole team was gassed. Congratulations to all for playing their hearts out.

JB coached circles around K’s ass yesterday
Guess Coach K doesn’t agree, he and an asst’ and Griffin were sick against us, bet more might have been sick against Miami and if they lose against Va Tech, the entire team might be sick. :rolleyes:

Guess Coach K doesn’t agree, he and an asst’ and Griffin were sick against us, bet more might have been sick against Miami and if they lose against Va Tech, the entire team might be sick. :rolleyes:
Griffin was very good vs SU in the two regular-season games, but it would have been hard for him to top the production that his replacement, Roach, had on Thursday.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom