Potential DCs? | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

Potential DCs?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You’re using an outlier and there are a few others. But in two articles I read it said the average is 25-50% of one years salary. Of course the big boys who pay huge dollars for contracts probably demand higher buy outs.
Wow. I guess there are buyouts for DC's after all. 50% of $900,000 isn't chump change. The university should have been on top of this regardless of how Miss St reacted to a buyout.

I don’t think he was worse either. Definatly better but also not as good as I wanted but he didn’t have any time as u said.

Ok. Let me say again, no comment I made has anything to do with our defense when he was here. Do some research or don’t I guess.

Wow. I guess there are buyouts for DC's after all. 50% of $900,000 isn't chump change. The university should have been on top of this regardless of how Miss St reacted to a buyout.

Those numbers are for head coaches. And if we had given him a buy out in the offer sheet, or wild t have been based on 900k. Probably 600k.

Those numbers are for head coaches. And if we had given him a buy out in the offer sheet, or wild t have been based on 900k. Probably 600k.
And IF we had a buyout like Michigans it would have been 100% of $900,000. Spin the numbers on a roulette wheel, SU doesn't seem to have had one at all. It's a shame, they could have used the money to pay the next coach. We can all agree on that.

And IF we had a buyout like Michigans it would have been 100% of $900,000. Spin the numbers on a roulette wheel, SU doesn't seem to have had one at all. It's a shame, they could have used the money to pay the next coach. We can all agree on that.

Yea, we’re Michigan.

Right. $900k was us trying to match, it wasn't the original amount. But I'm sure if we just said ok we'll match your $900k but only if you accept a $450k buyout, he would have jumped at the opportunity.

So it is possible that the new DC may be at his school until after Feb 5 if they (SU and DC) have agreed in principle? Or is that just a thing schools do to fire a guy?

So it is possible that the new DC may be at his school until after Feb 5 if they (SU and DC) have agreed in principle? Or is that just a thing schools do to fire a guy?

certainly possible. if we bring in a guy currently employed elsewhere (ie not a Charlie Strong or Harlan Barnett), then it would make sense as part of a buyout deal that the former school would want to wait until after NSD Part 2.

Okay, someone just spit it out. Someone on this board has got to know if we hired someone yet.

Just answer yes or no. I don't need a name at this point. Has Syracuse hired its 2020 defensive coordinator? Yes or No?

Okay, someone just spit it out. Someone on this board has got to know if we hired someone yet.

Just answer yes or no. I don't need a name at this point. Has Syracuse hired its 2020 defensive coordinator? Yes or No?
Depends on what your definition of “hired” is...

Based on what just happened, I'd expect us to find out when SU announces it. No leaks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom