Potential OL | Syracusefan.com

Potential OL

GoSU96

Living Legend
Size and age. Their are heath concerns with some here

Cruz Jr , 6/6 311 Jr; Ellis, 6/6 375, Jr; Reed, 6/3 315 Sr; Weatherspoon, 6/7 335, Jr; Wohlabaugh, 6/6 315

Concerned that Ellis will be able to loose the weight to be healthy enough to play.
Wohlabaugh is hopefully healthy for spring ball.
Reed is the only true center. It would be nice to get competition at the position.
Cruz needs to take a big step next season. Maybe be better at RT if we can bring in a LT after spring ball.
Weatherspoon has the size and starting experience. Hopefully he can be a starter.
Not sure about the others that were on the OL last year. Maybe a couple can take a step up.

Concerned that Ellis will be able to loose the weight to be healthy enough to play.
Wohlabaugh is hopefully healthy for spring ball.
Reed is the only true center. It would be nice to get competition at the position.
Cruz needs to take a big step next season. Maybe be better at RT if we can bring in a LT after spring ball.
Weatherspoon has the size and starting experience. Hopefully he can be a starter.
Not sure about the others that were on the OL last year. Maybe a couple can take a step up.
This question is for Money, is there any chance of moving Perry to the OL? We know he can block, and he has a mean streak. Or is that too much to try him there?

Cruz Jr , 6/6 311 Jr; Ellis, 6/6 375, Jr; Reed, 6/3 315 Sr; Weatherspoon, 6/7 335, Jr; Wohlabaugh, 6/6 315

Josh Miller not in our top 5? I guess I just assumed he would slot in somewhere. Very nervous about this group.

Josh Miller not in our top 5? I guess I just assumed he would slot in somewhere. Very nervous about this group.
It was just a potential line up with most of their biggest guys. They have some bigger guys that are likely to be down the depth chart.

Miller and More are going to be in the mix, Petry, Bradford, Ioalo have prior starts

That’s more of the same.

After seeing the upgrade Fran brought to the DL I really want the OL to load up too.

I like the 2 transfers but won’t feel good until we land 2-3 more.
Yep. Agreed.

That’s more of the same.
It’s essentially three new players, how is that the same? Swap in More and/or Miller.

more of the same would be Cruz, Cruz, Reed, Bradford, and Petry

Wohlabaugh seemed to play well
last year until he got injured. Hopefully he is back healthy for Spring Practice or the start of the season. No disrespect, but not sold on Ellis. He needs more strength and CONDITIONING.

Lots of question marks with several of the incumbents.

E. Cruz has all of the athletic ability in the world, but has struggled to date as BOTH a run / pass blocker.

More was injured all last year -- [1] can he get healthy, and [2] is he P5 caliber?

Wohlabaugh suffered a season ending injury -- can he bounce back or does he need more time?

Will Ellis get his weight under control?

Looks like Purdue’s transfer olinemen have already went elsewhere. Figured our new guy could have brought someone with him.

Looks like Purdue’s transfer olinemen have already went elsewhere. Figured our new guy could have brought someone with him.
This concerns me the most about the new OL coach. He doesn't appear to have ever been an amazing recruiter. I hope he can coach our current guys up, and then maybe some of the defensive staff who seem to be outstanding recruiters can make/have relationships with OL in the portal or that we're looking to land in 2025. So far, based on what I've seen from his other decisions, I'll trust that Fran has made the right hire. However, right now, just based on who we've brought in on the OL this appears to be our weakest link.

Wohlabaugh seemed to play well
last year until he got injured. Hopefully he is back healthy for Spring Practice or the start of the season. No disrespect, but not sold on Ellis. He needs more strength and CONDITIONING.
Agree on Ellis but I think his injury hindered his conditioning for much of last year. Hopefully he can come into the season in better shape and better yet even in spring practice.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom