Preseason Camp Thread | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Preseason Camp Thread

Thursday, August 4

Practice #2 (9:35 am - 12 pm) is closed to the media.

Is Linton super fast or am I just easily wowed?
Definitely quick. He doesn’t have to play every down. I would love to see him in passing situations moving around the line of scrimmage without putting a hand down. Almost giving a 2-4-5 look at times. Bring in Geer and Simmons on first down or short yard situations.

By the way, in that first video where it appears to be 1s vs 1s, here's the personnel:

Defense:

Deuce, G Williams, Simmons, Hanna, Carter, Thompson, Mikel, Wax, Okechukwu, Lockett, Geer.

Offense:

Gadsen, Cooper, I. Jones, Tucker, Schredder, Elmore, Berg, Ellis, Bleich, Dakota, Vet.

By the way, in that first video where it appears to be 1s vs 1s, here's the personnel:

Defense:

Deuce, G Williams, Simmons, Hanna, Carter, Thompson, Mikel, Wax, Okechukwu, Lockett, Geer.

Offense:

Gadsen, Cooper, I. Jones, Tucker, Schredder, Elmore, Berg, Ellis, Bleich, Dakota, Vet.
Give me Clark, Oliver, and Carter at Safety by end of month.
And; Cooper, Gadsden, and Adams at WR.
Done, and Done.

We playing football or Family Feud?
I'd rather roll the dice with talent, size, and speed from the get-go. Can't play it "safe" with the lineup and hope to beat the teams on our schedule.

I'd rather roll the dice with talent, size, and speed from the get-go. Can't play it "safe" with the lineup and hope to beat the teams on our schedule.
So you are hoping we throw out the biggest fastest players on the field and hope it all comes together? technique and mental preparation doesnt matter? Knowing the scheme and how their play affects other players in the unit doesn't matter?

There’s also hands, route running, blocking, playbook knowledge, and also work ethic.
Some people forget the most important skill. Thats the brain. Ive played with and coached many talented players that couldnt get on the field because they couldnt process concepts and play fast. Everyone processes at different rates. Then as a coach if you make decisions based on physiques you will have a bunch of TJ's on the field. "Looks like Tarzan, plays like Jane" lol

So you are hoping we throw out the biggest fastest players on the field and hope it all comes together? technique and mental preparation doesnt matter? Knowing the scheme and how their play affects other players in the unit doesn't matter?
All I can say is that I like both Hanna and Simmons as human beings. Just think Rob is undersized for the ACC. Simmons, honestly feel, will get burned beyond recognition by the qbs on our schedule.

Here's hoping it's minor
1659623674042.png

You didn’t answer the questions.
That's what I'm hoping this month is for. Alijah Clark and Bralyn Oliver are the future. I just think all the preparedness in the world doesn't matter if you are in the right position, but get trucked because you are too light, or blown by because you are too slow. Dino has proved to me that he will most likely give the incumbents first crack at starters snaps; don't want to be staring at a 2-3 record before he makes the switch.

That's what I'm hoping this month is for. Alijah Clark and Bralyn Oliver are the future. I just think all the preparedness in the world doesn't matter if you are in the right position, but get trucked because you are too light, or blown by because you are too slow. Dino has proved to me that he will most likely give the incumbents first crack at starters snaps; don't want to be staring at a 2-3 record before he makes the switch.
His camp policy is new faces have to outperform incumbents. Yesterday was also the first day of camp.

If you watch the videos posted, Tucker absolutely fooled Mikel Jones on a nice angle route. I think Anae will have a simple but effective route tree for the RB's.

Yep I'm glad they're going to use Tucker more in the passing game, simplest way to give him plenty of touches without running him into the ground.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RSmith

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom