Preseason Camp Thread | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Preseason Camp Thread

I had thought Bleich would start at center, why I wasn't too concerned about not finding a center in the portal

That's a large man in the middle of the line of he can snap. Blocking assignments should be much easier on his knees as well. Either pass pro, pull, seal, or chip and second level to pancake a backer he's got 100lbs on

That's a large man in the middle of the line of he can snap. Blocking assignments should be much easier on his knees as well. Either pass pro, pull, seal, or chip and second level to pancake a backer he's got 100lbs on

To your point -- the interior OL is MASSIVE with that trio. Should help us at the point of attack, and in opening holes for #34.

Need Bleich / Davis to stay healthy this year.

Last edited:
I feel like Alford has barely been mentioned. I am hoping Hatcher sees the field too. Seemed like a terrific route runner in HS, I know he was quite skinny though.

To your point -- the interior OL is MASSIVE with that trio. Should help us at the point of attack, and in opening holes for #34.

Need Bleich / Davis to stay healthy this year.
Would be nice it works because I felt Vet was often overpowered on the interior.

That's what I'm hoping this month is for. Alijah Clark and Bralyn Oliver are the future. I just think all the preparedness in the world doesn't matter if you are in the right position, but get trucked because you are too light, or blown by because you are too slow. Dino has proved to me that he will most likely give the incumbents first crack at starters snaps; don't want to be staring at a 2-3 record before he makes the switch.
You are looking at it casually ( stating the obvious). Of course we don’t want players that get trucked. I just don’t think you understand how important it is for players to know what they are doing. Players can’t consistently be in the wrong gap, or have the wrong fit in coverage no matter how big and fast they are. It’s hurts the entire unit when a player does something wrong. That’s why players get graded each practice and game.

In a perfect world we all want the biggest tallest, fastest player on the field but this world ain’t perfect.

Now I know why my arms looks so big……

shake it GIF

Really disappointed Isaiah Jones got injured. Hope its not too serious. Hopefully its no worse than a non severely sprained ankle that will be better by the time the season starts. During the pre recorded spring game interview Anae said he was probably the most productive of the WR's throughout the spring and then we saw flashes of him in the spring game and then again yesterday. Considering that and the fact he appeared to be on the #1 line yesterday I really had the feeling he was going to be one of our top options and a starter at an outside WR spot. Then again if it is serious, I guess the only positive to going down now to start fall pre season is its better than ending preseason as we can give others #1 reps and the opportunity to improve and build chemistry.

Really disappointed Isaiah Jones got injured. Hope its not too serious. Hopefully its no worse than a non severely sprained ankle that will be better by the time the season starts. During the pre recorded spring game interview Anae said he was probably the most productive of the WR's throughout the spring and then we saw flashes of him in the spring game and then again yesterday. Considering that and the fact he appeared to be on the #1 line yesterday I really had the feeling he was going to be one of our top options and a starter at an outside WR spot. Then again if it is serious, I guess the only positive to going down now to start fall pre season is its better than ending preseason as we can give others #1 reps and the opportunity to improve and build chemistry.
Agree. Isaiah hasn't gotten much hype and it looked like this was going to be his time.

Hope he gets better soon.

Was there a sighting of Hough on the Dline yesterday? I did not see it mentioned.

Was there a sighting of Hough on the Dline yesterday? I did not see it mentioned.
He put on a ton of weight while having a severe leg injury. He needs to get his body right before he’s a serious candidate to get on the field

Would be nice it works because I felt Vet was often overpowered on the interior.

Vet was playing inside due to need, he's too thin on the bottom half to really get push. That side, it's a big plus for his agility and footwork in drop step. Think some of his detractors will be pleased with how he plays at Tackle.

from my understanding Isaiah and Oronde have begun to separate themselves with Coop and Courtney playing well too

Any word on Isaiah's injury?

Vet was playing inside due to need, he's too thin on the bottom half to really get push. That side, it's a big plus for his agility and footwork in drop step. Think some of his detractors will be pleased with how he plays at Tackle.
100%. Four games where he played tackle were the offense’s best four games.

He put on a ton of weight while having a severe leg injury. He needs to get his body right before he’s a serious candidate to get on the field
I would agree. I wax wondering if he was even seen on the field.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom