Preseason Camp Thread | Page 46 | Syracusefan.com

Preseason Camp Thread

Do you happen to have any insight as to how they are looking this year? Given the recent TD news I may be interested in betting this game.
IF you are asking how Wyoming is looking, I'd hold off on betting on them,. They had 2 QBs start last year. Both hit the transfer portal in addition to their starting RB and best WR. They picked up a transfer QB, who was the backup at Utah State, and a juco QB. Their backup RB was also really good but a lot of new parts to put into place basically.

Last edited:
Do you happen to have any insight as to how they are looking this year? Given the recent TD news I may be interested in betting this game.

I watched their Spring game on YT a few days ago. He certainly has the fan base excited. He looked pretty good...for a Spring game, but only had a couple passes down the field that I saw.

So, you're saying you will not respect the team if they fight hard but lose to Louisville?
Respect plays no role in this. Syracuse Football doesn't play a mentor role in my life.

Let me ask this… If given a choice would Dino want to fight hard and lose the game or play not as well and win the game. I’m pretty sure that I know what the Head Coach would choose because wins matter.
A smart coach knows playing well leads to playing well again, where a lucky win is less repeatable and bad for the long term. Sustained success is what good HC's want.

Respect plays no role in this. Syracuse Football doesn't play a mentor role in my life.
This is hot BS. Every fan wants to respect the team they follow. If it came out that Dino intentionally poisoned the opposing teams QB to win, you and everyone else would shout him of his job.

This is simple stuff lol

If you'd rather they win in ways that bring disrespect and shame (the opposite of respect), find a new program

I’ll be watching too. I have two nieces and two nephews who graduated from the U of I.

This is hot BS. Every fan wants to respect the team they follow. If it came out that Dino intentionally poisoned the opposing teams QB to win, you and everyone else would shout him of his job.

This is simple stuff lol

If you'd rather they win in ways that bring disrespect and shame (the opposite of respect), find a new program
Really! You go to the often occurring killing of the opponents quarterback to make a logical point. I literally laughed out loud at that one. No college football team warrants my respect or disrespect. They're football teams for chrise sake. It's a non sequitur, or simply a rationalization of some fans for a losing program.

Really! You go to the often occurring killing of the opponents quarterback to make a logical point. I literally laughed out loud at that one. No college football team warrants my respect or disrespect. They're football teams for chrise sake. It's a non sequitur, or simply a rationalization of some fans for a losing program.
Respect can be relative to the thing

“I respect the way this brewery makes its beer”

“I respect my Dad for serving in the Army”

“I respect the way my football team played when they lost”

You took it to the absurd, first ;)

IF you are asking how Wyoming is looking, I'd hold off on betting on them,. They had 2 QBs start last year. Both hit the transfer portal in addition to their starting RB and best WR. They picked up a transfer QB who was the backup at Utah State in addition to a juco QB and their backup RB was still really good. Lot of new parts to put into place basically.
Which is why game one, TD will look world's different than here. Wyoming is a total rebuild

Idk - if we recruited in the 40s we’d be singing and dancing.

Yes, we would.

But my point is that pre-November, we often stand toe to toe with teams who recruit in the 40s.

Not lose 41-3.

Which is why game one, TD will look world's different than here. Wyoming is a total rebuild
He absolutely had his best game with us vs a similar MAC directional Michigan team

I’d judge him on what he does vs B1G comp

This is simple stuff lol

A little antifreeze in the Gatorade... I'm just sayin'

They are going to run the ball...a ton. TD just has to keep in in between the buoys, take some deep shots and not turn it over. Bielema ball - control the clock and beat you up, don't sling it around.
Isn't that funny. He went with SU/Dino because he wanted to throw it all over the place. Now he's at a place he will likely be asked to be a game manager.

Isn't that funny. He went with SU/Dino because he wanted to throw it all over the place. Now he's at a place he will likely be asked to be a game manager.
Can’t throw it all over the field when the OL is a sieve and the WRs can’t get open. It just made the game a fire drill and he couldn’t make it work. Ironically, had he stuck it out last year, after Shrader got hurt he would have been back in there. Hand off to Tucker. The OL was a little improved might have been different him.

Don’t get me started on players leaving during the season.

Can’t throw it all over the field when the OL is a sieve and the WRs can’t get open. It just made the game a fire drill and he couldn’t make it work. Ironically, had he stuck it out last year, after Shrader got hurt he would have been back in there. Hand off to Tucker. The OL was a little improved might have been different him.

Don’t get me started on players leaving during the season.
Sure. The points about the oline and WRs have been beaten into the ground. I was pointing out the irony of his transfer choice. He didn't choose a team with a reputation for chucking it all over the place.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom