Preseason Camp Thread | Page 45 | Syracusefan.com

Preseason Camp Thread

Thought this was all pretty fair. The dot com team thinks Cuse is bowling.

We're going to beat Louisville. Go look at their results from last year. We are the anomaly. Time to flip that script at home, and you know how bad our team wants to do it.

We're not going to see the team that went to Louisville and appeared scared and/or shell shocked the last 2 years.

He sees more than what he's just recording (wider scope of site than just what the camera lens captures and all that). And he's got relationships - he's been covering this staff for 6.5 years.

Really goes without saying he watches the entire field. So I wonder who leaks the info. Elmore or the coaches?

Really goes without saying he watches the entire field. So I wonder who leaks the info. Elmore or the coaches?
Are there other staff present at practices? Maybe, personnel feeding balls, providing water? I guess, they would be considered support personnel?

We're going to beat Louisville. Go look at their results from last year. We are the anomaly. Time to flip that script at home, and you know how bad our team wants to do it.

We're not going to see the team that went to Louisville and appeared scared and/or shell shocked the last 2 years.
Win or lose; all I can ask for is a team that shows fight, discipline, and preparation. Football games are a crap shoot, as long as we belong on Ernie Davis Legends Field, I am content with the scoreboard result.

Lville losing that receiver to bama is big, but they've recruited really well so who knows net net how the talent level is now. Them coming to the dome is huge if we can have an energetic crowd.

Lville losing that receiver to bama is big, but they've recruited really well so who knows net net how the talent level is now. Them coming to the dome is huge if we can have an energetic crowd.
If not now, when? Their current recruiting class is off the charts good, we have them at home for a night game, and first game of the year to boot.

Win or lose; all I can ask for is a team that shows fight, discipline, and preparation. Football games are a crap shoot, as long as we belong on Ernie Davis Legends Field, I am content with the scoreboard result.
Normally I agree with this. But there is no denying that at this stage of the program there is a hump we need to get over. I don’t care how we do it. Yes I want SU to be competitive in every game, and represent the university well. But somehow we need to get to a bowl. Scratch, claw, kitchen sink, trunk monkey, fumblerooskie, annexation of Puerto Rico, I don’t care what means the coaches employ. Just get there!

Normally I agree with this. But there is no denying that at this stage of the program there is a hump we need to get over. I don’t care how we do it. Yes I want SU to be competitive in every game, and represent the university well. But somehow we need to get to a bowl. Scratch, claw, kitchen sink, trunk monkey, fumblerooskie, annexation of Puerto Rico, I don’t care what means the coaches employ. Just get there!
Every means necessary, fair and unfair?:)
mqdefault.jpg

Most of that uptick in recruiting would be reflected in this year's true freshmen and next year's true freshmen.

The classes before that were better than ours (whose isn't), but were ranked in the 40s, so generally average overall.

Most of that uptick in recruiting would be reflected in this year's true freshmen and next year's true freshmen.

The classes before that were better than ours (whose isn't), but were ranked in the 40s, so generally average overall.
Idk - if we recruited in the 40s we’d be singing and dancing.

Who catches more passes, players inbounds or players and staff on the sidelines?
Tommy will run for over 150 yards, mostly backwards and out of bounds five yards before the tackler. He will set a Big 10 record for most intentional grounding calls.

Last edited:
Me too. I have family ties to Wyoming so I try to catch their games anyway. But it will be interesting to see Tommy.
Do you happen to have any insight as to how they are looking this year? Given the recent TD news I may be interested in betting this game.

Do you happen to have any insight as to how they are looking this year? Given the recent TD news I may be interested in betting this game.
They are going to run the ball...a ton. TD just has to keep in in between the buoys, take some deep shots and not turn it over. Bielema ball - control the clock and beat you up, don't sling it around.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RDembowski

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom