Purdue Post Game Thread | Page 8 | Syracusefan.com

Purdue Post Game Thread

Kirk picked Purdue - thought their passing game would be too much.

I think one other Purdue pick, and everyone else went Cuse?
Yeah forgot who eise picked Purdue besides Kirk, but the others went with SU. Desmond and Corso like us

There’s a LOT to clean up but damn it feels good to just win.

That was a legitimately good team we just beat. They should be able to build on this.
I think that Tucker still doesn't have that explosiveness in his thigh. I'd like to see the kid from New Mexico next week to see what he can do.

Hopped over on the virginia 24/7 board just to see, one of the first posts i see “Syracuse sucks”… says the fan of the team that just beat ODU 16-14 on a last second field goal.
Virginia fans might be more delusional than Purdue fans, just saw another poster saying they were going to win “fairly easily”. Again, these clowns barely beat Old Dominion, have no idea where this confidence is coming from.

That was a legitimately good team we just beat. They should be able to build on this.
I think that Tucker still doesn't have that explosiveness in his thigh. I'd like to see the kid from New Mexico next week to see what he can do.

The important thing is that Shrader and Gadsden are killing the ball. Jackson’s kinda…lying in the weeds. Tucker’s off to a slow start. But…look out! He’s gonna bust loose! He’s…he’s gonna bust loose.

Gadsen is an absolute stud. What a player he is, and what a player he’s going to be in the future.

He had such composure on that TD, waiting for the opening and then racing down the sideline.

It was like watching a guy racing the mile, and then the inside lane just opens up for him down the stretch.

Terrible game plan on both sides of the ball imo and we still won says a lot about the heart and make up of this team. So happy for the kids.

I agree that playing a soft zone and not bringing the blitz let AOC carve us up. I think he only missed 2 passes in the first half.

But they did tighten the coverage at the corner, and they started bringing more pressure. O'Connell only went 2-8 to start the second half. So I thought the defense made good half-time adjustments.

Tucker isn't quite healthy. His thigh is still bothering him. He just doesn't have that explosiveness right now. He needs time on the treatment table. I'd like to see that New Mexico transfer, not the young frosh from NJ. Somebody a little more mature to take some pressure off of Tucker, maybe be able to give him a breather and be fresher.

That limited our ground game a lot. They pretty much stuffed Tucker, except for that one run in the first half where he got about 12 or 13 yards. Purdue's D Line was quite good, too. Credit where credit is due. We were not opening a lot of holes for Tucker.

I thought the play calling was too conservative in the first half, but the defense kept us in it. Shrader did come back down to earth a bit, too. He's not going to hit 80% all season long.

What I thought was so impressive was the sheer number of times he made the play, the run, the throw - a lot of the time all by himself. He was a monster out there, despite the poor game statistically.

Anyone else think they should have squibbed that last kick off? Didn’t matter in the end but a chance to take some time off the clock and get better field position.

I was thinking exactly the same thing.

And Virginia is not very good this year. Also a cupcake follows Virginia game. Most likely we will be 5-0. The sixth game against NC State would be a trouble though.

It's at home, though, and by then we should have a really good crowd. We might even get another night game on TV, depending on how well NC State does over the next couple weeks. They are a super talented team, but always seem to fall a step or two short of where they ought to be.

As others said they hyped Charlie Jones a lot but it was warranted. He is really good and should be talked about. O'Connell is also worthy of the praise he received. They also hyped up players on Syracuse. They gushed about Mikel all game.

Oh, that Charlie Jones is the real deal. He's FAST. He just ran past Garrett Williams several times. Williams played some great defense, and the guy still had a tremendous game.

Did Isiah Jones get hurt? It looked like #80 was holding his arm like it was broken or dislocated in the 4th quarter

I certainly hope not. I thought he was a good contributor out there.

Virginia fans might be more delusional than Purdue fans, just saw another poster saying they were going to win “fairly easily”. Again, these clowns barely beat Old Dominion, have no idea where this confidence is coming from.

They didn't score for 6 quarters in a row already this season.
We stole their offensive brains. They are in denial.

Hey Matt, the next time a guy at the top of Section 130 calls over to say hi to you as you are walking up the stairs, don’t look at him and keep walking!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom