Class of 2014 - Qadree Ollison, RB, Canisius HS | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2014 Qadree Ollison, RB, Canisius HS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Buttgers has 2 rb commits as well, though Ollison is a big back. Augustus Edwards type.

Rutgers has promised him "the feature back" role. I believe the backs that they have gone after thus far are scat back types. I remember reading that Rutgers hyped up the idea that in the Big10 they would need a straight "I" type back. I have no special knowledge here but do fear Rutgers might have a hand up on this one.

Rutgers has promised him "the feature back" role. I believe the backs that they have gone after thus far are scat back types. I remember reading that Rutgers hyped up the idea that in the Big10 they would need a straight "I" type back. I have no special knowledge here but do fear Rutgers might have a hand up on this one.

Well one kid is 6-0 190 not exactly a scat back and he's been led to believe he'll be the feature back but i agree with what youre saying. the other kid is 5-10 180. Plus last year they brought in a 5-9 205lb back. they also picked up some short fat kid they're touting as a top fullback for that eye. Good luck with the power eye. They couldn't run it in the big east, some how it's going to work in the big ten against teams designed to stop it.

You'd think Syracuse might have an edge because a) we didn't bring in any backs last year and b) you will be he only back in this class and c) you're going to get the ball and a 1000 yards running for us.

Well one kid is 6-0 190 not exactly a scat back and he's been led to believe he'll be the feature back but i agree with what youre saying. the other kid is 5-10 180. Plus last year they brought in a 5-9 205lb back. they also picked up some short fat kid they're touting as a top fullback for that eye. Good luck with the power eye. They couldn't run it in the big east, some how it's going to work in the big ten against teams designed to stop it.

You'd think Syracuse might have an edge because a) we didn't bring in any backs last year and b) you will be he only back in this class and c) you're going to get the ball and a 1000 yards running for us.
In my mind, based on nothing more than a feeling, he's going to Rutgers. That being said, let's get Domer.

I really do hope so

Didn't they also offer the Rochester kid (name erased from memory) we were recruiting last year as a lb to be their feature back

Didn't they also offer the Rochester kid (name erased from memory) we were recruiting last year as a lb to be their feature back

that's right, they were going to let him play running back.

that's right, they were going to let him play running back.

Check that they were going to let him play running back until they bait and switch him and made him change to LB after a year or two with the program.

Check that they were going to let him play running back until they bait and switch him and made him change to LB after a year or two with the program.

Here's a quote from a PS article yesterday that is somewhat related to that.

"Coach (Paul) Pasqualoni and Coach (George) DeLeone wanted to make me a linebacker," Dunbar recalled during a recent conversation, "and coming out of high school, I wanted to be a running back. So, instead, I went to BC. And it took about two months before Coach (Tom) O'Brien told me I was going to be a linebacker. I've been one ever since.
"I kind of wanted to go to Syracuse. If I knew I was going to be a linebacker at BC, I would have gone to Syracuse. Easily. I would have easily gone to Syracuse. But Coach Pasqualoni and Coach DeLeone were honest with me. What can I say?"
http://www.syracuse.com/poliquin/index.ssf/2013/06/poliquin_jo-lonn_dunbar_and_ot.html#incart_river

That's the same thing they "promised" Martin who has already committed to them.

Just a heads up:

Right now, he does not have a "Commitable" offer from Penn State. So, unless PSU has a transfer or decommitment at RB before August (certainly possible), there's nothing to see there.

PSU already has 2 RB commitments in the class (Mark Allen and Nick Scott), and they can only take 15 total prospects.

It should be noted that current 3rd-string RB Bill Belton has been rumored to be a transfer prospect, since he can play this season if he transfers before August 7. If he goes, Ollison will receive a "Commitable" offer.
The only thing to keep in mind is recruiting never makes any sense at all it seems. just when you think there is logic in a kid not choosing a school, they do the opposite. Look at Kamara last year. Not that we ever had a chance with him, but he choose Alabama who took not 1, not 2, but 3 top 10 (ESPN 150) RB's last year when they already have 2 others from the previous year (Top 150's) in Yeldon and Hart. This along with 3 other RB's that are Jr's and Sr's as well. Talk about competion for PT, go figure!

Heck of a top five and feels more stars are headed his way. Hoping heart break doesn't creep in on this battle. Ollison would be a terrific add..
Ifhe makes it to a 5 star rating ,I would not be surprised. I myself would be among the heart break participants as I personally think this kid is great. I've seen a whole lot of RBs in my life and this kid incorporates much of the best qualities of many speed balance vision and reaction to that vision. Phillips is another kid that has those abilities and the special ability of cutting on a dime, Getting both isn't asking too much. We are due. BTW The (F)word is not part of my everyday vocabulary. Like Paula Deen Its been said usually in the heat of the moment sports frustration and will never be used in my grandson's presence although by the time he knows the word he will have heard it from peer group and probably my son a few thousand times. I'm not proud of the fact that the N word has been used by me as a much younger and ignorant jerk. As an older adultI now try to temper my use of expletives to a minimum with other adults .. Living now in an over 55 community my interaction is limited and any friends that I remain in contact with across the country are not trash talkers either.

In my mind, based on nothing more than a feeling, he's going to Rutgers. That being said, let's get Domer.

Keep reading things about him wanting to stay close to home. I think he stays home with Illinois.

Ifhe makes it to a 5 star rating ,I would not be surprised. I myself would be among the heart break participants as I personally think this kid is great. I've seen a whole lot of RBs in my life and this kid incorporates much of the best qualities of many speed balance vision and reaction to that vision. Phillips is another kid that has those abilities and the special ability of cutting on a dime, Getting both isn't asking too much. We are due. BTW The (F)word is not part of my everyday vocabulary. Like Paula Deen Its been said usually in the heat of the moment sports frustration and will never be used in my grandson's presence although by the time he knows the word he will have heard it from peer group and probably my son a few thousand times. I'm not proud of the fact that the N word has been used by me as a much younger and ignorant jerk. As an older adultI now try to temper my use of expletives to a minimum with other adults .. Living now in an over 55 community my interaction is limited and any friends that I remain in contact with across the country are not trash talkers either.

What the actual f-ck is this?

Classic!

Cali, not that it would happen, but I would bring out the "Big Smoking Gun" for this kid! SS and FL, bring down the "44" Jersey and put it back on the field where it belongs. Every time I see a kid from another school wearing good ole No. 44, I think of the all time greats that wore it in "Our House". IMO, having the number on the field in remembrance of those great backs of old does allot more for their legacy than seeing it on a wall!

Cali, not that it would happen, but I would bring out the "Big Smoking Gun" for this kid! SS and FL, bring down the "44" Jersey and put it back on the field where it belongs. Every time I see a kid from another school wearing good ole No. 44, I think of the all time greats that wore it in "Our House". IMO, having the number on the field in remembrance of those great backs of old does allot more for their legacy than seeing it on a wall!
Premature.. The #44 should be reserved for upperclassmen who earn the right.

"Top rated running backs are like bathing ina hot spring with a nine iron and unicorns flying around. That being said if an alligator doesn't eat your shoe you wont be able to eat at kentucky fried chicken anymore. The SEC is close to kentucky but also F5 tornados will result in a net gain of 6 recruits that will end up being my favorite orangemen.":cool:

Signed CaliCuse.

God I love this board.

"Top rated running backs are like bathing ina hot spring with a nine iron and unicorns flying around. That being said if an alligator doesn't eat your shoe you wont be able to eat at kentucky fried chicken anymore. The SEC is close to kentucky but also F5 tornados will result in a net gain of 6 recruits that will end up being my favorite orangemen.":cool:

Signed CaliCuse.

God I love this board.
Holy crap, that is like a Beck song.

There's a story around where I live of a kid being a phenomenal safety in high school but wanted to played quarterback in college. Everyone had essentially offered him as a safety but VT one day said sure, you can come play quarterback here. He was a QB for 2 practices and was then switched to safety. Coaches will tell you essentially anything to get you on campus because once the player is there, they are tied to the university unless they want to transfer and lose a year and that's if the school lets you out to that school.

Domer sounds like a maybe, this kid being from Buffalo isn't coming here. Buffalo is closer to being in Ohio then being part of New York.

Domer sounds like a maybe, this kid being from Buffalo isn't coming here. Buffalo is closer to being in Ohio then being part of New York.

You lost me. What does Ohio have to do with it?

There's a story around where I live of a kid being a phenomenal safety in high school but wanted to played quarterback in college. Everyone had essentially offered him as a safety but VT one day said sure, you can come play quarterback here. He was a QB for 2 practices and was then switched to safety. Coaches will tell you essentially anything to get you on campus because once the player is there, they are tied to the university unless they want to transfer and lose a year and that's if the school lets you out to that school.

Precisely how we lost a LB recruit to RU last year.

Precisely how we lost a LB recruit to RU last year.

#1 We lost our head coach and OC - If he wanted to play D then he would have stayed likely with our DC who infact is HNHCSS
#2 We recruited him, as you said, as a linebacker - Rutgers promised him the feature back position (sound familiar)
#3 We concurrently were recruiting a much better back at the same time in Augustus - Also see #1

Status
Not open for further replies.