Class of 2022 - QB Braden Davis (DE) Transferring From South Carolina to Syracuse (5/11/23) | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2022 QB Braden Davis (DE) Transferring From South Carolina to Syracuse (5/11/23)

Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s good to have another QB on the roster. Still wouldn’t mind one more but this is a nice pickup. Lot of eligibility left and clearly has some tools.

Kudos to the staff for filling the hole promptly and with some potential.

Three very solid guys at QB is enough for this season. I think we need a LB or two, another DL, and another OL or two, to be honest. I think we have 9 more spots open on the roster.

Coming into the '95 season, there was competition between McNabb and Kevin Johnson, 2 freshman, and another returning guy at QB. That was a pretty talented group, too.
Kevin Mason was in the mix too, I think.

That's, Keith Downing, MD
You got it.

Last edited:
Looking at his HS video...I was kind of ...meh...
Throwing mechanics just weren't there.
Then the spring game highlights, you could see a definite improvement.
Also seemed to go through his "reads" on the TD pass.
Has put on some weight/strength during his time at USC.
Would love to see him be about 225 this time next year.
This looks like a good pick up. WE NEEDED IT!!

So let it be done.

Last year's spring game. He was an early enrollee. He gets in at the 1 hour mark. At the 1:03 mark Beamer talks about him.

2023 South Carolina spring game. LaNorris Sellers played the entire second half; led a 97-yard touchdown drive, with a 50-yd pass play and a nice run or two. He was a big loss for SU. Braden Davis threw a pick-6 after being flushed from the pocket on, I think, his only series. He might have had a second series, I'm not sure.

Coming into the '95 season, there was competition between McNabb and Kevin Johnson, 2 freshman, and another returning guy at QB. That was a pretty talented group, too.
Question: what qualifies Higgins to make the assertion on the kid’s technical abilities?

I'm glad that he was highly rated coming out of high school, but my concern is that (and this is more a long term thing) we're getting guys that get beat out by other guys. Shrader is a bit different because he underwent a coaching change to a completely different system and coaching philosophy. If we're excited about Davis's high school rating, what does it say that Sellers is a three star? Was Sellers underrated? Was Davis overrated? Maybe he'll thrive in our system with our coaches. Sometimes a change in scenery makes all the difference.

2023 South Carolina spring game. LaNorris Sellers played the entire second half; led a 97-yard touchdown drive, with a 50-yd pass play and a nice run or two. He was a big loss for SU. Braden Davis threw a pick-6 after being flushed from the pocket on, I think, his only series. He might have had a second series, I'm not sure.

We are aware of that game. Someone shared that earlier in the thread. i was showing this video so people can see what Davis can do when D lineman are not in his face after 2 seconds.

Question: what qualifies Higgins to make the assertion on the kid’s technical abilities?
What Higgins said was that this is technically the highest rated QB room we've ever had, with three four-star guys.

We are aware of that game. Someone shared that earlier in the thread. i was showing this video so people can see what Davis can do when D lineman are not in his face after 2 seconds.
Oops, sorry.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors