Class of 2018 - QB Chance Amie (TX) SIGNED NLI TO SYRACUSE | Page 14 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2018 QB Chance Amie (TX) SIGNED NLI TO SYRACUSE

A big bonus is that he will most likely have 1.5 years in the program before ever seeing the field.

I cannot see him not taking a RS next season
I'm pumped to bring him in.

But as you said there is no way he doesn't RS next fall. Basically this sets up the QB room very nicely for us. Dungey dominates the ACC as a senior, Chance and Tommy learn a ton from him. Then they have a winner take all competition for the QB slot with Devito probably the favorite as a RS Sophmore, and Amie a RS Freshman. Assuming Devito wins, he plays for 3 years, and then Amie takes over as a polished senior.

This is what normal schools have quality in the QB room. The successor to Dungey is going to be damned special that's for sure, because both of those kids are good, and with a year (or 2 in Devito's case) in the system, that dog fight is gonna be awesome. And the RS year for both will turnout to be a blessing when they are competing as seniors.

Why is this thread only 14 pages long? This one should be about 50 pages by now.
I agree. We are so disappointed by the Sampson decommit we've lost sight of this recruiting coup.

OK. Someone reset Mr. Amie for us one more time please.
High or low 3-star?
Houston, Indiana other offers?
Does he compete at the highest level in Texas?
Stats for 3 years?
Speculation: Will he be more like a McNabb or a Kevin Johnson or an AJ Long or a Kenterius Womack multi-purpose QB?

I agree. We are so disappointed by the Sampson decommit we've lost sight of this recruiting coup.

High or low 3-star?
Stats for 3 years?
Speculation: Will he be more like a McNabb or a Kevin Johnson or an AJ Long or a Kenterius Womack multi-purpose QB?
I will take anyone that can play like Don McPherson any day so that is my vote.

High or low 3-star?
Stats for 3 years?
He's a good QB.

Again, I love flips in our favor..

ErdfMetILIMko.gif

The other way, not so much.

If given a choice pick Sampson or Amie. Im 100% picking the QB especially given he was top on our board. There is no other position in Football that is anywhere near as important as QB. Not even close. Just rewatch our last three games. God speed Sampson.

If given a choice pick Sampson or Amie. Im 100% picking the QB especially given he was top on our board. There is no other position in Football that is anywhere near as important as QB. Not even close. Just rewatch our last three games. God speed Sampson.
Go back and watch the first 5 games when Justin Pugh was out during one of the Marrone years. That is what a great O-Lineman can do, entire offense and team changed when he was in the game.

Go back and watch the first 5 games when Justin Pugh was out during one of the Marrone years. That is what a great O-Lineman can do, entire offense and team changed when he was in the game.
I do not think anyone is saying OL is not important, just not quite as important as the QB.

Last edited:
He was a proven starter. Leader of the line not a hs senior. If given the choice who would you pick? Sampson or Amie?

Are people really claiming an Olineman is more important than a qb? Good lord.
Ask Eli that question.

Not saying any OL is more important than any QB. But a 4 star #5 center in the country compared to a 3 star QB of which there are about 40, yes I am.

Ask Eli that question.

Not saying any OL is more important than any QB. But a 4 star #5 center in the country compared to a 3 star QB of which there are about 40, yes I am.
You would be wrong. Remember this 4 star decommitted and may have done so because SU brought in other OL prospects that he did not want to compete against.

Watched his junior film. Thought he looked remarkably like McNabb did early in his career at Syracuse. Chance is big, strong, fast and a gifted athlete with excellent agility. As a senior at Mount Carmel HS in Illinois, Donovan rushed for 533 yards and 13 touchdowns and
threw for 874 yards and 12 scores. So Chance put up considerably better numbers than McNabb did, playing against better competition. Looks like Chance is a little taller too.

He has a chance to be a good one,

Watched his junior film. Thought he looked remarkably like McNabb did early in his career at Syracuse. Chance is big, strong, fast and a gifted athlete with excellent agility. As a senior at Mount Carmel HS in Illinois, Donovan rushed for 533 yards and 13 touchdowns and
threw for 874 yards and 12 scores. So Chance put up considerably better numbers than McNabb did, playing against better competition. Looks like Chance is a little taller too.

He has a chance to be a good one, pun intended.

Fixed the end for you...

He has a chance to be a good one,
Faster than Soupy. Throws well on the run - WRs need to keep moving while he's scrambling.

You would be wrong. Remember this 4 star decommitted and may have done so because SU brought in other OL prospects that he did not want to compete against.

You have no idea why he decommitted, let's settle that argument first off. Anything you offer in that regard is pure speculation and unless you are a family member shouldn't speculate. Maybe we took another OL because there was a chance the staff knew he wasn't coming here.

I love Chance and can't wait til he gets into an orange uniform, I am extremely excited to have him here.

You have no idea why he decommitted, let's settle that argument first off. Anything you offer in that regard is pure speculation and unless you are a family member shouldn't speculate. Maybe we took another OL because there was a chance the staff knew he wasn't coming here.

I love Chance and can't wait til he gets into an orange uniform, I am extremely excited to have him here.
Yes it is speculation, but thats kinda what we do here. You were speculating that he would have been a great OL based on stars he received in HS

Speculation Is kinda what we do here. My speculation for why he decommitted is just as valid as your speculation that he would be a valuable OL.

Vettorello

I can't believe the depth we are building at QB. When was the last time we had talent like Dungey, Devito and Aime in the same QB room ?

We've definitely entered a new era of Cuse football

Vettorello
I figured as much after Sampson decommitted. We are pretty set at OL so another one wouldn't hurt especially with Clausman being DQ'd.

Amie was a hug pickup here though especially considering he was #1 on our board after the 4 and 5 star guys committed early on.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom