Class of 2018 - QB Chance Amie (TX) SIGNED NLI TO SYRACUSE | Page 15 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2018 QB Chance Amie (TX) SIGNED NLI TO SYRACUSE

I never even put 2 & 2 together but Major Applewhite is the Houston HC. Flipping a homegrown TX QB from him is a bit significant imo.

They also have Brian Johnson at OC there. Grew up in Texas, Most wins for a QB in Utah history going 26-7, Led the unbeaten 2008 Utah team that beat Bama in the Sugar Bowl, coached Dak Prescott and Nick Fitzgerald at Miss State. Getting a Texas kid from Applewhite and Johnson is great work by the staff. Houston has much more recent success and has put a boatload if money into their facilities too (looking for that Big12 invite).

EDIT: Was just informed Brian Johnson left to become QB coach at Florida. Could have had an effect on Amie's decision.

Last edited:
Faster than Soupy. Throws well on the run - WRs need to keep moving while he's scrambling.

soupy-sales_l.jpg

Soupy? I would hope he'd be much faster than him.

They also have Brian Johnson at OC there. Grew up in Texas, Most wins for a QB in Utah history going 26-7, Led the unbeaten 2008 Utah team that beat Bama in the Sugar Bowl, coached Dak Prescott and Nick Fitzgerald at Miss State. Getting a Texas kid from Applewhite and Johnson is great work by the staff. Houston has much more recent success and has put a boatload if money into their facilities too (looking for that Big12 invite).

EDIT: Was just informed Brian Johnson left to become QB coach at Florida. Could have had an effect on Amie's decision.

Our OC left too

Our OC left too

Our OC wasn't a legendary QB from Texas though. Or even a QB at all. Amie committed to Houston while Johnson was still there. He committed to us after Lewis was gone. Does any of this mean anything? I don't know. What I do know is that the circumstances were different.

Hope I'm wrong, but this pickup could prove REALLY important very soon.

Hope I'm wrong, but this pickup could prove REALLY important very soon.

Anything to do with Tommy D posing in OU gear with a “U already know ”? Cause that felt weird to me too.

Edit: wouldn’t let me post the emoji used. It was an emoji with a zipper mouth. Like he’s not saying something.

Anything to do with Tommy D posing in OU gear with a “U already know ”? Cause that felt weird to me too.

Edit: wouldn’t let me post the emoji used. It was an emoji with a zipper mouth. Like he’s not saying something.
Huh.

Pretty obvious what he is implying.
So Tommy Gun is going to transfer and sit out another year? Doesnt make much sense unless his Dad and Dino had a falling out.

So Tommy Gun is going to transfer and sit out another year? Doesnt make much sense unless his Dad and Dino had a falling out.
I know nothing of any of that. I just understood what Dan was implying. But if you carry it out, ED is the qb next year so that makes up for DD's sitting out a year.

lol good luck. Sit out another year and then compete with 6 other quarterbacks all of whom were rated than you. Ok.

Maybe he’s just rooting for Ok this weekend.

Where are you seeing this?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom