Class of 2020 - QB Dan Villari (NY/Michigan) TRANSFERRING TO SYRACUSE (1/11/22) | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2020 QB Dan Villari (NY/Michigan) TRANSFERRING TO SYRACUSE (1/11/22)

Status
Not open for further replies.
With coach Beck's track record I am behind any QB they offer regardless of the highlight tapes.
I just want a guy that can throw. If he can throw I'm game. I'm tired of the whole "As long as he can run we will figure the rest out" strategy

Dino had to have known about him, but didn't offer him. Why, and what has changed (I think the answer to the second question is likely 'We didn't land a QB in the 2022 class')?

Says he played in four games at Michigan. Was that just to hand off at the end of a game or meaningful minutes?

Dino had to have known about him, but didn't offer him. Why, and what has changed (I think the answer to the second question is likely 'We didn't land a QB in the 2022 class')?

Maybe two years working with the Michigan offense in their QB room along with their S&C program. Kid is probably nowhere near the player he was as a senior in high school. UM has him listed at 6-foot-4, 235 pound. The rivals profile above has him at 215.

Maybe two years working with the Michigan offense in their QB room along with their S&C program. Kid is probably nowhere near the player he was as a senior in high school. UM has him listed at 6-foot-4, 235 pound. The rivals profile above has him at 215.
Rivals transfer portal always posts the players HS info.

Rivals transfer portal always posts the players HS info.

the rivals profile above is his high school recruiting profile which lists him as 215 pounds. Michigan roster lists him at 235 which means he's grown considerably.

Or the answer is we have a new QB coach and Offensive Coordinator who thinks he is a great fit for their offense.
Well, maybe. But he wasn't offered by Virginia out of HS. And his offer list coming out of HS won't blow anybody away:

Dan Villari Recruit Interests

Not trying to be negative. Just trying to understand why we're offering now, but didn't then. Especially since he appears to have been buried on Michigan's depth chart.

I think Anae and Beck are envisioning Taysom Hill 2.0

Says he played in four games at Michigan. Was that just to hand off at the end of a game or meaningful minutes?
he had no stats in three of them so those were handoffs and in the 4th game(against Maryland in a blowout win) he was 1 for 3 for 26 yards, so nothing to sink our teeth into there

UM has 7 QBs on their roster. From what I gather Vallari was 3rd on the depth chart behind McNamara and McCarthy.

He's clearly been recruited over. Michigan signed 2 QB's, both with loads of big-time offers:

So if our new staff wants this guy, it's fine with me. It's their vision at this point. If he presents a fit for them great. Sounds like he has the measurables. Let's see what happens here. I am not feeling this as being either great or bad at this point.

So if our new staff wants this guy, it's fine with me. It's their vision at this point. If he presents a fit for them great. Sounds like he has the measurables. Let's see what happens here. I am not feeling this as being either great or bad at this point.

If you get a kid who went to Michigan, that's a good one in my book.

so what...

what do you think the transfer portal is?

I agree, Phat. If a kid merited a big-time offer like Michigan, Oklahoma, Texas, any SEC school, you take that kid. Even if their coaches didn't think he was "all that", he was evaluated as being good enough to play at those schools, and he practiced for a season or more with that level of coaching. I will always take a chance on those kids, absent an attitude problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cardiac

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom