Class of 2015 - QB Eric Dungey (OR) Signed LOI | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2015 QB Eric Dungey (OR) Signed LOI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Love this commit-Woud still go after Chason if he's interested. Too good to pass up.

Last edited:
Syracuse Univercsity- Oregon's College team
Build the wall
th

Uncle Crusty spoke too soon and out of frustration. I was pulling for Dungey , smart , athletic , maybe things are turning for The Orange .

Uncle Crusty spoke too soon and out of frustration. I was pulling for Dungey , smart , athletic , maybe things are turning for The Orange .
Yes, I did and I am glad I was wrong about him, but the prize is Virgil. This probably means the staff doesn't like their chances with Chason. Still, one out of two is pretty good. Let's hope he has the goods.

Yes, I did and I am glad I was wrong about him, but the prize is Virgil. This probably means the staff doesn't like their chances with Chason. Still, one out of two is pretty good. Let's hope he has the goods.
Got to like the No.1 player out of any state. Being from Oregon , I imagine He studied Mariota and patterned some of his style of play after his. I really hope.

Very nice job by Lester. Will be interesting to see if Hale still visits and everyone else sticks.

Crusty, according to your responses in Chason's thread we have no chance with Chason.

The things I want from a QB are

1) passing touch
2) strong arm
3) size
4) agility and preferably speed
5) intelligence
6) experience playing in a passing oriented offense

Well he definitely has legitimate size. He definitely has excellent agility and speed. I would say he has excellent touch on a variety of passes; his HS has a pretty sophisticated offense that will prepare him well for college.

It is harder to judge arm strength. I don't see a lot of the hard laser like throws from him...he mostly throws high lofted balls on deep throws but he can flick it with his arm alone 45 yards with no problem.

And he has offers from Ivy League schools so I am going to assume he is a smart kid too.

From what I can see, he has everything I want in a QB. The only thing that bothers me at all is the relative lack of big time offers for him. Why? He might give passing plays a little more time to develop and his footwork and mechanics need some work but that is true of all HS quarterbacks. There is a lot is like about this kid.

http://highschoolsports.oregonlive....rbacks-turn-to-taylor-barton-for-instruction/

Eric Dungey
: An amazing athlete, if Dungey weren't a quarterback he could easily be a high-end recruit at another position. At one point during the practice, Dungey took a rep at wide receiver and made a shoestring catch after a 30-yard sprint downfield.
When the Lakeridge senior puts all of his mechanics together in one throw, he throws the best ball on the group, but it isn't yet consistent.
Dungey has, by far, the highest upside of any of the seniors and has double-digit offers to his name. He is currently looking at playing in the Ivy League or Mountain West Conference.
Barton's thoughts - "The crazy thing about Eric Dungey - he can play this game as long as he wants to. If he really commits to this and really hones his craft, he can be a guy that goes and plays for 10-15 years. That's how good he is."

dungey.jpg

Last edited:
From what I can see, he has everything I want in a QB. The only thing that bothers me at all is the relative lack of big time offers for him. Why? He might give passing plays a little more time to develop and his footwork and mechanics need some work but that is true of all HS quarterbacks. There is a lot is like about this kid.

That part of it is really puzzling. I can understand Oregon, as they are recruiting blue chippers at this point and probably have bigger fish to fry--but it seems strange that this kid doesn't have an offer from Oregon State, or any of the other P5 schools in that region [Washington, WSU, Colorado, etc.].

That part of it is really puzzling. I can understand Oregon, as they are recruiting blue chippers at this point and probably have bigger fish to fry--but it seems strange that this kid doesn't have an offer from Oregon State, or any of the other P5 schools in that region [Washington, WSU, Colorado, etc.].

shhhh! Let's hope it stays that way. Last thing we need is for one of those programs to come in and offer him late. ;)

Cheers,
Neil

Get this kid some protein shakes and 30 lbs. Could be a real gem.

Dont worry before singing day im sure a lot of the schools you mentioned ie Colorado, Colorado State, Boise, etc etc will likely come calling. Going to need to keep recruiting this young man all the way through signing day.

Status
Not open for further replies.