QB for next year? | Syracusefan.com

QB for next year?

Actionthrill

Walk On
If you had to guess who will be our QB next year? Is it someone on the team now? Is it a freshman that will be coming in? Are we going to find someone in the portal?

If you had to guess who will be our QB next year? Is it someone on the team now? Is it a freshman that will be coming in? Are we going to find someone in the portal?
I think that is the million dollar question which is foremost on most of our minds, besides completing the coaches.

It’ll be very interesting to see who we can come up with given the high NIL cost of a quarterback these days.

Edit: we do have a four star recruit named Williams coming in. But we’re so thin right now
we will need more than him

Last edited:
If Muschamp starts as a true freshman, I think it’s going to be a longgggg year.

I think we need a portal starter, the Buffalo transfer as a backup, and then need the GA kid and Muschamp as a break glass in case of emergency.
Also, I'll be shocked if we start a true freshman.

That would make Brown's QB recruiting more difficult immediately out of the gate.

I suspect he ain't about that.

If Muschamp starts as a true freshman, I think it’s going to be a longgggg year.

I think we need a portal starter, the Buffalo transfer as a backup, and then need the GA kid and Muschamp as a break glass in case of emergency.
I agree somewhat, I think we’re going to have a pretty run heavy offense though.

If it's not someone on the roster (I hope it's not), hopefully they can be here for spring practice.

Last edited:
Of all the positions on the field, your QB is the most likely to be found in the portal. Could be a starter somewhere else looking to cash in or a quality player who got beat out on a team with a deep QB room. Unlike other positions, backup QBs pretty much don't see the field at all short of an injury.

What will be our offense next year?

Portal guy TBD. No way in hell they start someone on the current roster. The BC game alone told you all you need to know about CDRW. Davis isn’t remotely ready, and any true freshman we bring in/retain won’t be ready. We need two portal guys as a matter of fact, I am hoping they can sell the Buffalo kid on the chance to compete to be a starter but also bring in a better portal guy who will likely be able to win the job. Assuming they do offer the Buffalo kid this weekend. The kid from Toledo would be amazing but will probably stay in the Midwest for big NIL cash

HCFB came in with a plan. I can't imagine with everything else that's played out so well that he didn't already have a plan for QB Coach, or at least have those conversations with his OC (or who he planned for OC). This isn't like previous years where a coach comes in and doesn't have the weight to pull in whomever he wants. We're not throwing a bunch of QB offers out hoping one of them bites. I'd be shocked if HCFB or our OC doesn't already have a short list of who they want and already working on bringing them in. Again, this is a different world than what we've experienced in the last couple decades and what we've been trained to think because of those experiences. We aren't pulling 4/5 star guys from every other position at powerhouse programs within a couple weeks of landing a new coach only to be left not being able to find a QB. I get caught up in this stuff too, but for once I'm actually relaxed and comfortable knowing that however it plays out regarding a QB, it's going to be much better than what I would have expected just a few short weeks ago.

Sure would assist the recruiting efforts if they can nail down a well rated QB sooner than later. It will be very interesting to see what caliber of QB the new staff is able to recruit/sign.

Luke MacPhail. I heard from a couple of sources that he has looked like a young Michael Vick on the scout team.
Are we talking 8 year old Michael Vick?

Nothing against the kid, but that just sounds like an absurd comparison.

HCFB came in with a plan. I can't imagine with everything else that's played out so well that he didn't already have a plan for QB Coach, or at least have those conversations with his OC (or who he planned for OC). This isn't like previous years where a coach comes in and doesn't have the weight to pull in whomever he wants. We're not throwing a bunch of QB offers out hoping one of them bites. I'd be shocked if HCFB or our OC doesn't already have a short list of who they want and already working on bringing them in. Again, this is a different world than what we've experienced in the last couple decades and what we've been trained to think because of those experiences. We aren't pulling 4/5 star guys from every other position at powerhouse programs within a couple weeks of landing a new coach only to be left not being able to find a QB. I get caught up in this stuff too, but for once I'm actually relaxed and comfortable knowing that however it plays out regarding a QB, it's going to be much better than what I would have expected just a few short weeks ago.
Things are moving faster than a fan can keep up with. HCFB has to be working night and day with very little sleep. With all the recruiting and finishing out his staff, he must be somewhat struggling to keep his updates current! Keep breathing, this will all sort itself out, in time!

Well Mega Millions and Power Ball are up there. If I win, I will buy him for us...
Speak of the devil, just bought PB on my lunch break, $412 million, not bad.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom