Class of 2014 - QB John O'Korn (FL) to Michigan | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2014 QB John O'Korn (FL) to Michigan

Very nice. I trust Bailey, he steals info from some very reliable sources

He has been waiting for days to get permission to contact O'Korn to write the story but has known about it for days.

Alex Dunlap ‏@AlexDunlapNFL 7m7 minutes ago
Orangebloods has learned that John O'Korn, former #UofH QB reportedly considering Texas transfer, will not be targeted by #Longhorns staff.
Now that Texas is reportedly out of the picture, I feel that UF is our only true challenge to land him, seeing that he's from Florida and Miami should be set for a few years with Brad Kaaya. Of course since I'm saying this, he'll end up going to Wisconsin, but then again...what is there in Wisconsin?

Here's to having an accomplished QB on the hill again.

Excellent.
Fixed

burns-excellent.gif

Now that Texas is reportedly out of the picture, I feel that UF is our only true challenge to land him, seeing that he's from Florida and Miami should be set for a few years with Brad Kaaya. Of course since I'm saying this, he'll end up going to Wisconsin, but then again...what is there in Wisconsin?

Here's to having an accomplished QB on the hill again.
Don't count out Wisconsin. They've done well with transfer QBs in the past (Russell Wilson, anyone?).

That said - if we add Rocco Casullo to the staff, I think O'Korn is ours. He might be anyway, but adding his HS coach couldn't hurt.

when do they have to be enrolled by?

Florida already started classes looks like late registration there is Monday. At SU classes start next week and late registration ends 1-20. Hopefully that helps us

Florida already started classes looks like late registration there is Monday. At SU classes start next week and late registration ends 1-20. Hopefully that helps us

Meant to say Florida late registration ends on Monday

Meant to say Florida late registration ends on Monday
I can't believe it hadn't occurred to me that this is going to be a super quick process since he'll probably want to get situated somewhere and get a head start on spring ball.

I can't believe it hadn't occurred to me that this is going to be a super quick process since he'll probably want to get situated somewhere and get a head start on spring ball.
he has to sit out a year though doesn't he?

he has to sit out a year though doesn't he?
Yes, but I would think he'll want to get transferred ASAP. It's not like he's going to be able to work out with Houston during the spring, and I'm positive he doesn't want to be doing nothing during that timeframe. Get a better grasp on the playbook and start developing chemistry with his future receivers ASAP.

Would his transfer here count against our commitment limits? I know it takes a spot towards 85 total but not sure about the class limit.

Would his transfer here count against our commitment limits? I know it takes a spot towards 85 total but not sure about the class limit.
would likely replace Eduard scholly we had open when he couldn't qualify