Class of 2016 - QB/TE (Jasen) Jay Rose (CT) Leaving UConn | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 QB/TE (Jasen) Jay Rose (CT) Leaving UConn

Why wouldn't SU give him a look at QB, especially if they don't bring in another qb with Culpepper?

If he goes UConn good for them AND him. I'd want to play QB to.

Why wouldn't SU give him a look at QB, especially if they don't bring in another qb with Culpepper?
I think they will give him a look at QB. Bring in the athlete and see. Don't think we would say no way to that. Not sure that will play a role. Think it's simply rather he wants to play for UCONN or SU

Gotta think it's similar to a Womack situation where he is an athlete and will give him a shot at QB and will probably move him to Tight End

Gotta think it's similar to a Womack situation where he is an athlete and will give him a shot at QB and will probably move him to Tight End

I don't know...he did throw 47 TD's as a Junior. Just putting it out there. Nice problem to have.

I don't know...he did throw 47 TD's as a Junior. Just putting it out there. Nice problem to have.
It's kind of eerie how similar he and Rex look physically. They're basically clones of one another.

It's kind of eerie how similar he and Rex look physically. They're basically clones of one another.

I'm no talent skout but I thought he looked pretty good in his video as a QB.

Per Brian Dohn, SU is actually recruiting Rose as a QB first, TE second, and he thinks we're in the driver's seat:

good stuff - I'd like to see what the kid can do as a QB. He's basically just had one season at the position - if he's a good enough athlete to play TE at SU and Wisconsin, then he might develop into a quality 1A quarterback

Hope he chooses SU.

I'm wondering if having to burn Dungeys redshirt, Culpepper coming in after being out for a season and a slim chance on the NCAA giving Hunt a 6th year made the staff rethink how many QBs they would bring in this cycle...2...maybe 3?

Here's the article link
http://www.courant.com/sports/uconn...etween-uconn-and-syracuse-20150910-story.html

This was probably a leading question but guessing UConn in front.

Rose was among many recruits at the UConn-Villanova game a week ago.

"It was awesome. It was good to see. They're 1-0 now. It's a big difference from last year alread. I truly believe Diaco [head coach Bob] is turning the program around so that definitely keeps me interested in UConn," Rose said.

Here's the article link
http://www.courant.com/sports/uconn...etween-uconn-and-syracuse-20150910-story.html

"It was awesome. It was good to see. They're 1-0 now. It's a big difference from last year alread. I truly believe Diaco [head coach Bob] is turning the program around so that definitely keeps me interested in UConn," Rose said.
Really hope we can win this over UCONN. I like bringing in great athletes and finding a good position. QB/TE whatever

Tough to see him picking an AAC team over an ACC team. I don't care what other intangibles are in play it's tough to walk away from playing big time football.

Tough to see him picking an AAC team over an ACC team. I don't care what other intangibles are in play it's tough to walk away from playing big time football.
Unless he wants to open an insurance agency in Connecticut after he graduates.

Here's the article link

Yea sounds like uconn for sure. Cant blame a kid for staying home.

Yea sounds like uconn for sure. Cant blame a kid for staying home.

I think it is very much up in the air. Bringing him in as a QB changed the game for us. We have a very good shot now.