Class of 2017 - Quade Green 2.0 | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2017 Quade Green 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
'Nova seems like an obvious fit ... it's home, they'll probably lose Quinerly and Brunson by the time he's eligible, and they're the hot ticket right now.

We have Goodine coming in with Buddy and HoWo. With the zone and he being quite diminutive I would pass harddddddddd...

Ahhhhhhhhh this now makes more sense...gunna guess this may be what a certain guy who does a great pod for us cuse fans was alluding to!

this rumor has been on the Kentucky message board since mid season when he became PG #2 to SGA and his minutes were cut back. The rumor has picked up steam as of late as Kentucky is recruiting 5 stars like they always do. I don't think anyone is breaking any news here

this rumor has been on the Kentucky message board since mid season when he became PG #2 to SGA and his minutes were cut back. The rumor has picked up steam as of late as Kentucky is recruiting 5 stars like they always do. I don't think anyone is breaking any news here

Didn't say he was breaking news. Just making sense of the pod and putting 2 and 2 together. Maybe he has heard some chatter besides what's been on forums since mid season as you say.

He can come but I wouldn’t stop recruiting ( feverishly) Guerrier or whoever else we are targeting as out top PG. If he’s got a problem with that... I’ll supply the rocks for him to kick.

We already have Goodine in 2019 and it sounds like he was recruited to play PG (plus Guerrier is a wing from what I can tell). Goodine could play the 2 if we land Quade, and then we'd just need to focus on forwards and bigs to fill out the class. If Quade wants to come, I say let him. He's only 6'0, but he shot 37.6% from deep on 109 attempts and he had a good reputation as a floor general coming out of high school. Landing another guard does create playing time issues, but that's a good problem to have as a program.

Of course we take him. Neither Goodine or Carey are true PG's and may prefer the 2G slot. Personal bitterness does not make a player any worse than he is. Of course he could blaze a new trail by sitting out a year and then going G-League who knows anymore?

I get the "jilted" knee jerk reaction, but I think the staff would at least have to explore it.

I also agree that with the guards we have, there wouldn't be the same sense of urgency about bringing him in that there was in 2017. If he really wanted to come, then I'm sure the staff would be OK adding a 5-star transfer that they liked a lot coming out of high school, and then having him sit out a year to acclimate to our system. And if he opts to go to Villanova or elsewhere--the sky won't be falling at the Carmelo K. Anthony Center. So either way, I'm good.

Would expect Villanova to be a front runner here that would be tough to beat out, though. Assuming they're interested.

Last edited:
I never said I had any breaking news. All I said was FWIW I got a text message from a buddy who lives in Lexington.

Of course we take him. Neither Goodine or Carey are true PG's and may prefer the 2G slot. Personal bitterness does not make a player any worse than he is. Of course he could blaze a new trail by sitting out a year and then going G-League who knows anymore?

Green looked like a 5’11” shooting guard at UK this year. He couldn’t get in the lane at all.

Amazing.

Cannot wait for this to pick up. Last year the talk was about how good he could be, then when he went to UK suddenly and people watched him, the talk was about how overmatched he was and we were fine, and now everyone can back track to square 1.

Good theatre.

hey Jarhead not meant for you. I thought the poster I was responding to referenced the podcast as breaking the news. I can't read correctly or post correctly. Self banned for the day

Cuse!

I mean that's where I first learned about it...

Quinerly is not a one and done. He looked awful in the McDonalds game.

Quinerly may never play a college game and the commitment was for theatrics.

I've heard the chatter during the season as well. Coming to Syracuse would definitely be a shocker given how the recruitment went down. He wasn't a one and done guy which is great by me, but he was sold something by Cal and realized that it wasn't what he wanted. Playing in Lexington is a different beast than Syracuse. While we have a delusional portion of the fanbase, they are that 10x down there. Even with a championship and two NC game appearances since Cal got there, a good portion wants to move on from him.

I am sure he will come here over Nova if the staff again promises not to recruit over him.

We already have Goodine in 2019 and it sounds like he was recruited to play PG (plus Guerrier is a wing from what I can tell). Goodine could play the 2 if we land Quade, and then we'd just need to focus on forwards and bigs to fill out the class. If Quade wants to come, I say let him. He's only 6'0, but he shot 37.6% from deep on 109 attempts and he had a good reputation as a floor general coming out of high school. Landing another guard does create playing time issues, but that's a good problem to have as a program.
I thought Guerrier was a 6’6 G with point guard skills. No matter...we’ll take em all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom