Quade Green to Washington | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

Quade Green to Washington

It was either Hop or Nova. If hop were here we all know what this class would look like

Which class are you referring to? Green's original class or the '19 class?

Didnt even have to check out other schools that were interested...why? Because hop is a closer!

giphy.gif

Congratulations to Hop, I continue to wish him nothing but success. They’re my second favorite squad, bc of Hop, behind Cuse.

Husky fan here,

Only a few posts here as I signed up when we hired Hop.

He is such a hard worker. We always thought Romar was a great recruiter (which he was), but Hop has shown that he will work hard for his recruits. As shown, he was able to pull Naz Carter and Wright from the east coast all the way to UW. Neither guy has really panned out, but Naz will likely become a great player once he is a junior and senior. We are a little puzzled on Wright since I think he was NY state POY. He has struggled for the most part, looks like a confidence issue.

This season was suppose to be the big jump, but we look like a bubble team once again. We were banking on experience, but none of the seniors look improved. We've already had big losses to Auburn and VTech, showing us that we aren't a top 25 team yet.

I watch a fair amount of Cuse, and I definitely see a lot of similarities between our teams. Great defense, but the offense can be awful at times, particularly outside shooting. Is Cuse offense always known for being stagnant with little to no structure? Hop seems like a great defensive coach, but the offense seems mediocre at best. Tough to tell because we don't have a true PG. Which is why Quade Green will help us so much.

Wish you guys all the best, before the season I had you guys as a sneaky final four team because of the defense and having Howard, Brissett and Battle. Like us, you guys started as a top 25 team and have since fallen out. Would like to see us both make the tourney, and how fun would that be if we got matched up.

On the topic of Hop leaving for Cuse, we all think he is here to stay. If he does leave, doubt it will be back to Syracuse. Also, we are really hoping we land Stewart. Sounds like it is between us, you guys, Duke and Michigan State. We are a little worried because we are competing with bigger hoop programs, but we really trust Hop. Ideal situation next season is bring in both 5 star players, Stewart and McDaniels, and hope Nowell comes back for another season. If all those happen, this team could compete for a championship.

Husky fan here,

He is such a hard worker. We always thought Romar was a great recruiter (which he was), but Hop has shown that he will work hard for his recruits. As shown, he was able to pull Naz Carter and Wright from the east coast all the way to UW. Neither guy has really panned out, but Naz will likely become a great player once he is a junior and senior. We are a little puzzled on Wright since I think he was NY state POY. He has struggled for the most part, looks like a confidence issue.

This season was suppose to be the big jump, but we look like a bubble team once again. We were banking on experience, but none of the seniors look improved. We've already had big losses to Auburn and VTech, showing us that we aren't a top 25 team yet.

I watch a fair amount of Cuse, and I definitely see a lot of similarities between our teams. Great defense, but the offense can be awful at times, particularly outside shooting. Is Cuse offense always known for being stagnant with little to no structure? Hop seems like a great defensive coach, but the offense seems mediocre at best. Tough to tell because we don't have a true PG. Which is why Quade Green will help us so much.

Wish you guys all the best, before the season I had you guys as a sneaky final four team because of the defense and having Howard, Brissett and Battle. Like us, you guys started as a top 25 team and have since fallen out. Would like to see us both make the tourney, and how fun would that be if we got matched up.

On the topic of Hop leaving for Cuse, we all think he is here to stay. If he does leave, doubt it will be back to Syracuse. Also, we are really hoping we land Stewart. Sounds like it is between us, you guys, Duke and Michigan State. We are a little worried because we are competing with bigger hoop programs, but we really trust Hop. Ideal situation next season is bring in both 5 star players, Stewart and McDaniels, and hope Nowell comes back for another season. If all those happen, this team could compete for a championship.
We all root for Hop’s success. Sounds like he’s rolled his sleeves up and decided to build the foundation for a successful UW program the right way. Consensus on the board seems to be its between you and MSU, with Duke a close 3rd for IS’s services. Best of luck, and hope we see each other in March

Everything I've read states that, after sitting out the next two semesters, Green only has 1.5 years of eligibility remaining. How can that be? Did they get rid of the "5 to play 4" rule?

While I'm at it, I got hammered a lot about no players from the East wanting to go all the way to the West coast to play, especially when it wasn't even nice weather like California. I'm happy Hop didnt take advice from the recruiting side of this board...in similar manner to the way certain Syracuse.com writers( I wont mention any names, as I dont want to upset anyone too much) are said to monetize some of our posts.

We know. ;)

Everything I've read states that, after sitting out the next two semesters, Green only has 1.5 years of eligibility remaining. How can that be? Did they get rid of the "5 to play 4" rule?

There is a big debate about how many years of eligibility Green has. From my understanding, it's 2.5 and he can start playing winter quarter, but some think it may only be 1.5. I'm a big time Husky fan and even I'm confused about it. Expect some clarity on the situation soon. Also will depend on when he enrolls at UW for school.

There is a big debate about how many years of eligibility Green has. From my understanding, it's 2.5 and he can start playing winter quarter, but some think it may only be 1.5. I'm a big time Husky fan and even I'm confused about it. Expect some clarity on the situation soon. Also will depend on when he enrolls at UW for school.
That doesn't make any sense, why would you only have one point five? Not directed your way, I just don't understand the logic behind why anyone would expect that.

That doesn't make any sense, why would you only have one point five? Not directed your way, I just don't understand the logic behind why anyone would expect that.

Football writers are all aware of the "5 to play 4 rule". Basketball writers are clueless.

Unless they did away with the redshirt year, plan a definitely has 2.5

Husky fan here,

I’ve been watched pretty much every UW game since hop took over... Nowell is your only high upside player. Any offense with Crisp at the point is going to be bad. People here complain about Frank Howard but he’s waaay better than Crisp. I was really hoping Hardy was going to emerge as the season went on, but he got injured so who knows how he will develop.

I think Carter will be really good as an upperclassman. Wright... great athlete, very limited skills.

Green will help the offense quite a lot but I’m worried that Hop isn’t playing the younger players Bey, Penn-Johnson, etc) enough for them to be ready next year. You guys really need to land Ish or McDaniels or next year could be rough (especially since it’s doubtful Nowell will be back).

Just curious to know if Washington's Nowell is any relation to Mel Nowell that played for the great Ohio State teams around 1960.

First half today was brutal. Hop can’t seem to get any consistency from his players. Nowell laid a steamer tonight. Carter with some good minutes off the bench. He’s progressing nicely.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom