Quadir Copeland in the portal | Page 13 | Syracusefan.com

Quadir Copeland in the portal

It's a bit concerning even if not entirely unexpected. I want to see the poor discipline displayed by the team and lack of fight through adversity corrected next year. If these things continue, then we have a very big and perhaps career limiting problem.

Cuse
Lack if fight? Many times this team found themselves in deep holes and fought their way back to either win or make it competitive. I don't think that's a fair characterization, at all

If what people are saying is true, and he really had not been going to classes, I'm guessing he was dismissed after midterm grades came out in mid-March. A school can release you if you are failing to maintain progress toward degree.
He wouldn't be dismissed mid-semester for grades. If he was dismissed, it would have been for something else. If it's true that he stopped going to class, his next stop will probably have to be JUCO.

Lack if fight? Many times this team found themselves in deep holes and fought their way back to either win or make it competitive. I don't think that's a fair characterization, at all
That happened "many times"?

I don't know about that. But I know we had twelve losses by an average of 18 points. Which has to be the highest in decades for this program.

That happened "many times"?

I don't know about that. But I know we had twelve losses by an average of 18 points. Which has to be the highest in decades for this program.
yeah ...almost every time they fell behind...they utterly collapsed...it was bad

fix that one thing from this year and they likely make the tournament

Devo asked Red about Copeland being in the portal on his podcast and I’m not quite sure what Red’s answer meant. Some kind of lame statement that sometimes these things take time or something to that effect.Only thing I got out of it was that Copeland won’t be back at Syracuse.

Devo asked Red about Copeland being in the portal on his podcast and I’m not quite sure what Red’s answer meant. Some kind of lame statement that sometimes these things take time or something to that effect.Only thing I got out of it was that Copeland won’t be back at Syracuse.
It was lame?What were you expecting? Well, he never went to a class all year? Honestly, what would you have Autry say in response to a question on that?

It was lame?What were you expecting? Well, he never went to a class all year? Honestly, what would you have Autry say in response to a question on that?
Maybe the truth, the days of student athlete are over and I want the truth now that they are professional athletes. Why should it be shocking for a coach to tell us what the real deal is?

In all seriousness, on the same podcast you have Coach Autry asking for money for NIL. I mean we the fans are paying these players and if that’s the way it is going to be then I should at least be able to know the truth of why guys are leaving.
There isn't a coach in the world that would say that a player of his didn't go to school at all this past semester. Come on. Copeland will never play another game for Syracuse University. Let's leave it at that.

There isn't a coach in the world that would say that a player of his didn't go to school at all this past semester. Come on. Copeland will never play another game for Syracuse University. Let's leave it at that.
Some of you guys are in the know on here and I get that, but how do guys like me that don’t have the inside info get the facts?Im just going by what I read on here and hope it’s true I guess.

Some of you guys are in the know on here and I get that, but how do guys like me that don’t have the inside info get the facts?Im just going by what I read on here and hope it’s true I guess.
It is what it is, I still don't know "exactly" what happened between Deshaun and Preston other than fragments from the rumor mill.

Last edited:
Newest rumor I saw posted in the chat during Brian Higgins show was it was discovered that Q had a non student (friend or family member) living in his apartment on South Campus.

Probably a Housing Rules violation. Not sure if any truth to it.
We had a Canadian Hockey player on our floor in Oswego that when he moved in brought his girlfriend and dog. I don't think either of them took classes. He was gone by October 1st and never was seen again.

We had a Canadian Hockey player on our floor in Oswego that when he moved in brought his girlfriend and dog. I don't think either of them took classes. He was gone by October 1st and never was seen again.
what about the dog? no obedience classes either?

I lived at Skytop in the mid-70s just after the new concrete condo section was built. At that time you could have had just about anybody staying at your apt/condo. I had a friend who had his girlfriend living with him for two years.

I had a St Bernard and even though dogs were prohibited I let him roam around without a leash for the three years I lived there. Never heard a word from the school.

They were pretty lax back then.

He could have said Quadir "wore the

It is what it is, I still don't know "exactly" what happened between Deshaun and Preston other than fragments from the rumor mill.

It was an episode of Maury Povich.

I lived at Skytop in the mid-70s just after the new concrete condo section was built. At that time you could have had just about anybody staying at your apt/condo. I had a friend who had his girlfriend living with him for two years.

I had a St Bernard and even though dogs were prohibited I let him roam around without a leash for the three years I lived there. Never heard a word from the school.

They were pretty lax back then.
Today we'd call your big pup a "therapy dog". Lol My daughter got here lab certified and now brings him to school. During nice weather, she has her students walk him for gym class...lol So, she gets paid to have kids walk her dog. SU degree at work!!!

First year at Syracuse, at Watson Hall, a couple of guys in the floor across tha hall never went to class and had fun every single night. Come second semester, they were no longer there.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom