Quadir Copeland in the portal | Page 11 | Syracusefan.com

Quadir Copeland in the portal

I was as well. It was awful
Me too.

It was nice before and me and a couple of friends stopped on the way to Buffalo and played at a course just off the Thruway near Rochester.

UConn was in the same Buffalo bracket, played poorly and was about to lose in a big first round upset but made an improbable comeback to get a miracle win.

We played awful and got a shocking loss.

The weather turned and the ride back to Syracuse became a whiteout nightmare drive.

And UConn somehow kept winning after that awful start and somehow won an NC that season.

Debacle road trip.

Me too.

It was nice before and me and a couple of friends stopped on the way to Buffalo and played at a course just off the Thruway near Rochester.

UConn was in the same Buffalo bracket, played poorly and was about to lose in a big first round upset but made an improbable comeback to get a miracle win.
without google assistance was that storz first round escape in 2014 vs St. Joe's?

Fake quote fake quote fake quote. Clearly a bs parody twitter account. Stop acting like it is real holy crap

I think that Judah would do well with better players around him. He had nothing this year. Bell was a stationary catch and shoot. Brown an undersized kid who was good around the basket but had zero on O other than put backs, layups, dunks. JJ improved about half way in but was streaky at best. Taylor was a liability on O as he wasn't guarded. Cope was Judah 2 as he couldn't shoot either. McClead, Hima, Carey useless on O. Cuffe average at best undersized G.
Bottom line if Judah hadn't
"Hogged" the ball we wouldn't have won half the games we did.
The kid carried us on his back to 20 wins and we think this bunch of brick layers would have been better without him.
Total joke.

I’m not sure about that Judah is who he is, a guy who demands the ball and will take 1 million shots. better guys around him are still going to watch unless those are alphas that demand the ball.

I’m not sure about that Judah is who he is, a guy who demands the ball and will take 1 million shots. better guys around him are still going to watch unless those are alphas that demand the ball.
Judah is the kind of guy who would get an opportunity with say a team like the Lakers, pull his crap and wonder why he was booted off the team the next day then probably blame everyone else around him.

What is this thread about again? A game we played against Dayton? Judah? Uconn?

I was just looking at the 247 bb. Portal and Copeland is not in there ?
True... announced but not officially in the portal yet... not sure what we can infer from that

As for Ennis, he was a great pass-first distributor...until we got to the NCAA's. We went over to Buffalo to watch us play...and lose...to Dayton.

Whatever player Tyler had been before, on that day was clearly auditioning for the NBA. He took, by far, a team high 21 shots and made only 7. He missed all 5 of his 3 point attempts. He played 40 minutes and had only 3 assists.

So, he took 21 shots and the rest of the team combined took 33.

Here was the rest of that team: Jeremi Grant, Rak Christmas, CJ Fair, Trevor Cooney, Michael Gbinije.

Anything odd stand out to you there? I thought so.
I mean, we made 1 shot outside of the paint. Missed out on some assists just based on missed shots. Cooney makes 1 or 2 from 3, there's a couple more assists.

Can a player enter the portal if not academically eligible for next fall yet?
Was wondering if that is the big hang up. I know it was a rumor but if true, it would seem like a road block unless the rules gave changed about that too.

Was wondering if that is the big hang up. I know it was a rumor but if true, it would seem like a road block unless the rules gave changed about that too.

If that's the case, he probably needs to sign up for summer classes to be able to play anywhere.

If that's the case, he probably needs to sign up for summer classes to be able to play anywhere.

a1a2f00c-a45f-4bc0-bb20-942edd28c583_text.gif

Can a player enter the portal if not academically eligible for next fall yet?
He played this semester which means he would be currently eligible for the entire semester. Ineligibility due to grades would not come into play until the end of this semester, unless he already withdrew from school. In which case, that could be an issue.

And yet - Scoop was an integral part of TWO of our very best TEAMS ever.
2010 30-5.
2012 34-3.

Hmmm.

He’s sixth all-time in assists at Syracuse.

SECOND all-time in steals.

22 in made 3’s.
21 in 3%.
(Right ahead of Joe & Buddy).

National 6th Man of the Year as a Soph.

2nd Team All Big East as a Sr.

Totally just a guy. :rolleyes:

The scoop haters are literally the dumbest fans ever.

I’d give your left nut to have a guy like Scoop on the team, every year.

And yet - Scoop was an integral part of TWO of our very best TEAMS ever.
2010 30-5.
2012 34-3.

Hmmm.

He’s sixth all-time in assists at Syracuse.

SECOND all-time in steals.

22 in made 3’s.
21 in 3%.
(Right ahead of Joe & Buddy).

National 6th Man of the Year as a Soph.

2nd Team All Big East as a Sr.

Totally just a guy. :rolleyes:

The scoop haters are literally the dumbest fans ever.

I’d give your left nut to have a guy like Scoop on the team, every year.

Love Scoop in retrospect but I'm thinking that the discontent with Judah is spurring on some revisionist history regarding his skill level.

His Freshman year was forgettable. Assists low and his turnover rate was sky high but he was young. Fans understood. Team was young, the overall year was a struggle.

Then he had a RS year.

In his RS Sophomore year, he played better. Still came off the bench on a loaded team that had a great year (F Butler). Second on the team in assists and controlled the turnover situation much better. However, there were at least 5 guys better than him on that team so he knew his role. Functioned well as a role player and seemed to accept his role.

His big statistical year was his Junior year. The only time he averaged in double figures for points. It was the first year he started (>30mpg) and this was when Scoop became the lightning rod for the fan base. It was the year you were either yelling, "Scooooop" or pulling your hair out. He tried to be the alpha that year and shot the ball way to much (led the team in FGA, should have never happened), often heavily contested shots and made alot of bad decisions in crucial moments. Points were up on heavy volume and a very low shooting percentage (41% for the year). It was a rough year for Scoop and for the team.

His Senior year is when I believe he played his best year and what a great year it was (F Ohio State and the referees). He became much more mature as a PG (5 years in college helps) and played his role again. Of course he was helped by one of the most loaded teams we have had in our history. Once again, he was probably the 5th most talented guy on the roster but he played his role and played it well. Yes, he was an integral part of that great season. He made the most of his talent and really seemed to grasp how he could help the team that season.

Long post to establish that Scoop was a good player on great teams. Statistically or otherwise he doesn't touch the greatest players to play as Syracuse. He was at his best when he was the 4th option and not the 1st and greatly benefitted by having talent all around him during his impact years. The one year he was asked/decided to be the alpha it was not good for him or the team.

I'll stay away from the comparisons of Judah vs. Scoop directly. However, how can one think that you wouldn't be a better player with Kris Joseph, Dion Waiters, CJ Fair, Fab Melo, James Southerland vs. what we trotted out there this year. Good players play better when they're surrounded by good players. I know that even if I'm a dumb basketball fan ;)

Go Orangemen!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom