Quadir Copeland in the portal | Page 12 | Syracusefan.com

Quadir Copeland in the portal

When did Q get kicked out? I feel like that would have made it here.
If what people are saying is true, and he really had not been going to classes, I'm guessing he was dismissed after midterm grades came out in mid-March. A school can release you if you are failing to maintain progress toward degree.

Don’t know when it exactly happened but he is no longer enrolled at Syracuse

Well, it must've happened after their final game, since he would NOT have been eligible to play if he wasn't currently enrolled at the time of the game.

Hmmm.

So, the rumors have gone from
"he hasn't been to class in over a month"
to
"he's not even enrolled at Cuse anymore".

Seems to me that he already knows where his next destination is -
to become a student-athlete at UNC

" A school can release you if you are failing to maintain progress toward degree."

f962a531adda69d0ce46dd274f1053dc.jpg

"a little below par sir"

I love Q as a player. I will really miss watching him. I am sad for him that he did not take the opportunity to get what he could have gotten from the academic side of SU. World class educations are not inexpensive, and it is all at SU for the taking.

When did Q get kicked out? I feel like that would have made it here.
theres a lot of stuff that happened this year that didnt make it here

dont have a lot of sympathy for a player like Cope who is clearly intelligent to just not care about school, if true...its sad

tuition cost 65 K. living 20K .
so basically you just walked away and left 85k on the table. and the advantages that buys.

Last edited:
Such as?
i know a little bit but promised not to tell

all I can say is where theres smoke, theres fire

we had multiple suspensions fights players kicked off the team, kicked out of the university etc

it was obvious when you watched this tem play that something was off...imo

i want to know the juicy details myself ...but dont.

Can we stop recruiting idiots? It’s not like these guys don’t show signs of this nonsense when they’re in high school. None of them are good enough for us to put up with their bad attitudes and terrible behavior.

There’s a reason why I kept saying Red was doing an unreal job bc the stuff behind the scenes with some of these kids was wild. I’m ready to have Reds guys who actually respect the team the coach and the school the way they should
Were the people causing trouble this year causing similar problems last year?

Last edited:
We're the people causing trouble this year causing similar problems last year?

Never heard a peep from anyone about anything like this. I think the players took advantage of the good guy becoming the bad guy and we lacked upper class leadership to keep guys in line.

Never heard a peep from anyone about anything like this. I think the players took advantage of the good guy becoming the bad guy and we lacked upper class leadership to keep guys in line.
This was almost unavoidable. Red recruited a lot of these kids and had the relationship of an assistant coach while JB was around. I am sure he may have even played the “good cop” in some situations.

When he became in charge it was like a substitute teacher - combined with no upperclassmen.

That’ll change next year

This was almost unavoidable. Red recruited a lot of these kids and had the relationship of an assistant coach while JB was around. I am sure he may have even played the “good cop” in some situations.

When he became in charge it was like a substitute teacher - combined with no upperclassmen.

That’ll change next year
would make sense for middle schoolers

unreal that these guys would do red like that in his first year

Newest rumor I saw posted in the chat during Brian Higgins show was it was discovered that Q had a non student (friend or family member) living in his apartment on South Campus.

Probably a Housing Rules violation. Not sure if any truth to it.

If his grades are horrible and he didn't finish the semester, he might end up in JUCO. That is unless a D1 school is able to have him do 2 summer sessions of UNC type classes to be eligible for the Fall, if not, more BS classes to be available by the conference schedule start in January.

It's a bit concerning even if not entirely unexpected. I want to see the poor discipline displayed by the team and lack of fight through adversity corrected next year. If these things continue, then we have a very big and perhaps career limiting problem.

Cuse

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom