Quincy Guerrier to test the NBA and enter the portal | Page 12 | Syracusefan.com

Quincy Guerrier to test the NBA and enter the portal

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have to imagine JB/Q knew this months ago. I’d bet he goes professional. I don’t think we take Swider if it costs us Q, imo

Wow, what a punch to the gut. Staying in college and transferring out of Cuse. This guy will only get better. Hate to see it at another school.

He could still go professional... interesting to see what he does
I’m thinking he will and the transfer portal is a fallback. Looking back on Junior’s delayed decision (“soon” turned into over a week), I wonder if it was connected to Guerrier. Maybe Junior wasn’t going to transfer here if QG was coming back and the staff was pressing QG to make a final decision. Anselem’s future with the program could have been tied in with QG’s decision as well, as some have speculated.

As the old saying goes, two oranges in the hand are worth more than one in the draft.

Q started for two seasons. If he doesn’t think he’d be our best forward then he shouldn’t try the pros. Swider and Jimmy should have had no impact on his decision. We lost 3 forwards. Did he think we weren’t going to replace them?
eh...even if he gets better next season he would still be looking at a reduced role from what he enjoyed over fresh/soph seasons. Benny is playing big minutes...Swider is not coming to ride pine...and we all know Jimmy is getting minutes (would anyone really be surprised if he starts?)

the forwards are stacked with or without QG. (and they can all shoot 3s)

Its not even about his own assessment of himself though. And its not about objectivity...its about reading the writing on the wall. JB has already basically promised big minutes to the 3 forwards coming in.

If you watched QG's game late last year...he didnt make the leap. (a lot of people blamed injuries...) He couldnt capitalize on some very good matchups in the tourney. He's a very nice player with a great attitude...but, overall, I don't see this as a big loss for the team.

Woulda been awesome if he was willing to accept a role as one of the 4 forwards on the roster...which is what he should have been regardless of incumbancy...but I can totally understand why he probably didnt. That said, I think if he had stayed at the Cuse, he coulda improved his draft status even with a reduced role... though he probably just wanted to play without restrictions and be more of a featured player somewhere.

if he’s still think pro then maybe JB didn’t want to wait till July to find out he wasn’t coming back and looking for another forward that late.

It's hard to blame the staff for being proactive with the transfer portal and draft process going on, but it's also a little frustrating they couldn't try to make room for him.

eh...even if he gets better next season he would still be looking at a reduced role from what he enjoyed over fresh/soph seasons. Benny is playing big minutes...Swider is not coming to ride pine...and we all know Jimmy is getting minutes (would anyone really be surprised if he starts?)

the forwards are stacked with or without QG. (and they can all shoot 3s)

Its not even about his own assessment of himself though. And its not about objectivity...its about reading the writing on the wall. JB has already basically promised big minutes to the 3 forwards coming in.

If you watched QG's game late last year...he didnt make the leap. (a lot of people blamed injuries...) He couldnt capitalize on some very good matchups in the tourney. He's a very nice player with a great attitude...but, overall, I don't see this as a big loss for the team.

Woulda been awesome if he was willing to accept a role as one of the 4 forwards on the roster...which is what he should have been regardless of incumbancy...but I can totally understand why he probably didnt. That said, I think if he had stayed at the Cuse, he coulda improved his draft status even with a reduced role... though he probably just wanted to play without restrictions and be more of a featured player somewhere.
He was 3rd team All-ACC. He isn't a role player. This would have been his time to shine. I suspect we will see that at another school.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom