Rachel Nichols in Trouble | Syracusefan.com

Rachel Nichols in Trouble

dlegend44

Scout Team
Apparently Rachel Nichols and Maria Taylor have been low key feuding and it didn't end well for Nichols.

There is no BB recruiting news today so I am bored and just discovered some of the ladies at ESPN don't like each other. Rachel Nichols has always annoyed me for some reason. I was a huge fan of Michelle Beadle and used to watch Sports Nation and the Jump. When Nichols took over the Jump from Beadle, it made the show unwatchable for me. I have become a fan of Maria Taylor, first as an analyst and also as a show host. I am just wondering if I am alone in not liking Nichols. Stories like this make me wonder if they used her comments to oust a higher priced on-air talent with sinking ratings.

Apparently Rachel Nichols and Maria Taylor have been low key feuding and it didn't end well for Nichols.

There is no BB recruiting news today so I am bored and just discovered some of the ladies at ESPN don't like each other. Rachel Nichols has always annoyed me for some reason. I was a huge fan of Michelle Beadle and used to watch Sports Nation and the Jump. When Nichols took over the Jump from Beadle, it made the show unwatchable for me. I have become a fan of Maria Taylor, first as an analyst and also as a show host. I am just wondering if I am alone in not liking Nichols. Stories like this make me wonder if they used her comments to oust a higher priced on-air talent with sinking ratings.

You're not alone, she's not likable. No charisma whatsoever.

She really should not have been anything beyond a sideline reporter.

Never been a fan of Nichols. Like Beadle and don't know enough about Taylor to make a call

Funny. I always felt the opposite about Nichols and Michelle Beedle.

It's very possible that ESPN/ABC was actively looking to have more diversity in their talent (I would have no way of knowing for sure), but that doesn't change the fact that Maria Taylor is very good at what she does. I think she's great in her college football role, and I personally find her much more charismatic than Rachel Nichols.

Unrelated: I think ESPN/ABC's NBA coverage sucks beyond belief and wish TNT could broadcast the Finals.

If I'm allowed to comment. I'm on Nichols side.
60AD4DC3-5D7A-400F-AD34-A10940E4CB13.gif

This has become the talk of the town even more so then the finals.

It seems they all come out looking bad on how this thing was handled by all sides.

Nichols looks bad for having made the comment, even though the comment was made in private but was accidentally recorded. She was part of the WOKE movement and championed for diversity and often speak about how unfair as a female sport journalist her compensation and opportunities are not comparable to her male counterpart. The comment made her sound hypocritical.

Maria Taylor looks bad for the recording was leaked to her a while back, and she sat on it and did nothing until the NBA finals and she is in the middle of contract negotiations. ESPN is offering even less now then the contract she was offered but turned down but the pandemic has ESPN tightening the budget. Word on the street is she timed this leak to drum up support to put pressure on ESPN to sweeten the deal.

ESPN looks bad on how it's handling this whole mess as if it has never seen this before.

Last edited:
You're not alone, she's not likable. No charisma whatsoever.

She really should not have been anything beyond a sideline reporter.
She really isn't. She got hired because she's gorgeous.

I wouldn't say that Rachel has her job just because of her looks. She has shown strong journalism in the past.

She made Roger Goodell look silly after the Ray Rice fiasco.

And she didn't go easy on Floyd Mayweather either.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom