Rachel Nichols in Trouble | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Rachel Nichols in Trouble

I like her and Taylor both, although I try to watch as little ESPN as possible. Just isn’t what what it once was to me.
I have no issue with what was said. It’s probably true, and it was negative toward the network not Taylor. The articles are painting her as a racist. Maybe she is, but I don’t get it from this.
Thought Jalen Rose's recent comments were worse than hers. Imagine if a media member said that a black player got a certain position purely out of "tokenism" and they shouldn't be afraid to have an All-White group. It would be justifiably blistered and the person would likely be fired. His comments were in and out of the news very quickly.

There is no on air personality on ESPN worth $1M/yr. They should have learned that by now. If you remove anyone, even their precious SVP, nobody would care.

Exactly. I never remember turning on ESPN because of who was talking to me. I have turned it off because of certain people though :)

Agreed about most of that except SVP. I only watch the 9 pm sports center here on west coast if he’s hosting

People like him? He has trouble getting words out and his highlights are monotone. When he first came on he was good but he now sounds like a computer program talking.

Exactly. I never remember turning on ESPN because of who was talking to me. I have turned it off because of certain people though :)
If Stephen A or Kellerman are on, I immediately turn it off. It's sad that Kellerman had to become Skip Bayless 2.0 to take that seat on 1st Take. Used to really enjoy him on HBO boxing telecasts and when he was in that lane.

If Stephen A or Kellerman are on, I immediately turn it off. It's sad that Kellerman had to become Skip Bayless 2.0 to take that seat on 1st Take. Used to really enjoy him on HBO boxing telecasts and when he was in that lane.

It’s pure pro wrestling. Stephen A literally doesn’t know who’s on the teams sometimes. Watching him analyze mma is brutal. Unfortunate that he’ll be on the main desk for mcgregor/porier 3 this weekend

SVP and Stanford Steve? Monotone?

When he reads highlights he has problems completing sentences and is emotionless. I don't care about his bits. The actual thing SC is supposed to be is a high light show and his delivery is awful.

When he reads highlights he has problems completing sentences and is emotionless. I don't care about his bits. The actual thing SC is supposed to be is a high light show and his delivery is awful.

Yeah Guess we just have difference in what sports Center is in 2021. I have no interest in watching highlights. I see them on social media instantly. I watch for the bits and analysis.

Yeah Guess we just have difference in what sports Center is in 2021. I have no interest in watching highlights. I see them on social media instantly. I watch for the bits and analysis.
And athletes actually enjoy talking to him because he isn’t a clickbait tool

That is fine to give him a show talking about the day in sports. But don't have him actually go through the highlights. He is really bad at it. In fairness he might just be disinterested and trying to get them done so he can do the stuff he cares about. When he does them it is like he is reading a book out loud and loses his place, all the while having no inflection. if he doesn't care enough to do a good job, then don't force him to do it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom