Rachel Nichols in Trouble | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Rachel Nichols in Trouble

No her father is Mike Nichols who passed away was married to Diane Sawyer.

Mike and Diane are actually her mother and father in law.

Don't know either one of them personally.
But the truth is they get a lot of dough for talking about very tall men running around in their shorts trying to put a ball through a hoop.

Don't see what's so bad about the comment in the first place EXCEPT that it's potentially embarrassing to their employer.

And how much of a boost - if any - did Rachel Nichols get from her connections?
She's married to the son of director Mike Nichols.
Who - until his death - was married to Diane Sawyer.
Who carried some substantial clout at Disney/ABC...which owns ESPN.
Isn't the problem with her comments that she suggests that Maria Taylor only got the job because she was black?

Yeah she definitely was being dribbled by Butler

Isn't the problem with her comments that she suggests that Maria Taylor only got the job because she was black?
Sort of. Essentially saying that because espn has been so bad at diversity in their history that now she's being screwed over so they can make up for it in the current climate.

Where’s Gayle Gardner when you need her?

No her father is Mike Nichols who passed away was married to Diane Sawyer.

Diane Sawyer?
Matthew Mcconaughey GIF

OMG. You all need to be set straight. Mike Nichols is her father in Law. Diane Sawyer was married to Mike Nichols and was Rachel's husband's step mother. Mike Nichols passed away and Diane Sawyer is still the step mother in law.
I like Rachel. I have always been a a fan. She was one of the first female reporters who really knew her stuff and had substance in her reporting. She set the bar for so many others who have come along since. She is almost 50 years old and really was a trailblazer for so many females in this business. She gets my total respect for what she has done. Not knowing her camera was on and her conversation was recorded, was not smart. She is taking a well deserved hit, but it won't end her career.
Now for the real issue. She wore knee high boots in Phoenix for Game 1 of the Western Division, and it was 118 degrees outside. She takes a hit also for that.

I like her and Taylor both, although I try to watch as little ESPN as possible. Just isn’t what what it once was to me.
I have no issue with what was said. It’s probably true, and it was negative toward the network not Taylor. The articles are painting her as a racist. Maybe she is, but I don’t get it from this.

The only answer is to put them on a show together. There are plenty of sports shows with multiple men, why not have a show with both of these women?

I like Nichols as a reporter and think she is one of the better people ESPN has. She is knowledgeable and has good relationships with many current and former players. I don't really think Taylor brings much to the table. She is young though and I think has a future.

Apparently Rachel Nichols and Maria Taylor have been low key feuding and it didn't end well for Nichols.

There is no BB recruiting news today so I am bored and just discovered some of the ladies at ESPN don't like each other. Rachel Nichols has always annoyed me for some reason. I was a huge fan of Michelle Beadle and used to watch Sports Nation and the Jump. When Nichols took over the Jump from Beadle, it made the show unwatchable for me. I have become a fan of Maria Taylor, first as an analyst and also as a show host. I am just wondering if I am alone in not liking Nichols. Stories like this make me wonder if they used her comments to oust a higher priced on-air talent with sinking ratings.
I have always like Nichols. I don't really care for Taylor in either role. I liked Beadle

The culprit here is ESPN who apparently took the NCAA approach of let's kick this can down the road and hopefully it will go away.

As for the talent - they are both playing big girl careers, Nichols pulled some stuff to get ahead and Taylor leaked this at the perfect time for her current negotiation. Good for her. Personally I don't think the comment was as offensive as it reads but I'm not the injured party. This is an episode of Dallas - and opening up some eyes in the fact that women can be competitive in their careers too. Who's better at the job is rarely a factor in any industry. Nichols screwed up not knowing her technology and Taylor made her checkmate move at the perfect time, and the suits at ESPN will learn nothing from the whole situation.

The culprit here is ESPN who apparently took the NCAA approach of let's kick this can down the road and hopefully it will go away.

As for the talent - they are both playing big girl careers, Nichols pulled some stuff to get ahead and Taylor leaked this at the perfect time for her current negotiation. Good for her. Personally I don't think the comment was as offensive as it reads but I'm not the injured party. This is an episode of Dallas - and opening up some eyes in the fact that women can be competitive in their careers too. Who's better at the job is rarely a factor in any industry. Nichols screwed up not knowing her technology and Taylor made her checkmate move at the perfect time, and the suits at ESPN will learn nothing from the whole situation.
Mindblowing thing to me is that Maria Taylor was offered 5 million dollars a year. What the hell world are we living in where she moves the needle in any fashion to be worth even 10% of that?

Mindblowing thing to me is that Maria Taylor was offered 5 million dollars a year. What the hell world are we living in where she moves the needle in any fashion to be worth even 10% of that?
Yeah, I'm not sure how that gets figured out.

Wow that's amazing. I don't dislike her, but she's not one I tune in to watch or enjoy more because she is broadcasting a game.

Wow that's amazing. I don't dislike her, but she's not one I tune in to watch or enjoy more because she is broadcasting a game.
Crazy world. Not only gets offered $5m but apparently turns it down to try and do better.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom