Rachel Nichols in Trouble | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Rachel Nichols in Trouble

She really isn't. She got hired because she's gorgeous.
Yeah I'm not touching the looks side of this thing with a 10 foot pole.

I just don't think she's a very good show host.

I think Rachel Nichols is good at her job. She's also attractive, and yeah, for tv, that helps.

I like Maria Taylor, also think she's good at her job, and also think she's attractive and is suited for being on tv.

This story is weird. Can't we all just get along?

Yeah I'm not touching the looks side of this thing with a 10 foot pole.

I just don't think she's a very good show host.
I mean I thinks it's a legit aspect of the hiring process. People do get jobs because of their looks. Im not saying she doesn't know sports but it sure helps gets viewers to watch.

I mean I thinks it's a legit aspect of the hiring process. People do get jobs because of their looks. Im not saying she doesn't know sports but it sure helps gets viewers to watch.
I'm not disagreeing with you - I'm not touching the looks angle because of my opinion of her looks :cool:

I mean, it’s fine!

I’m just not talking Rachel Nichols there.

Or Maria Taylor, who I just googled, and gotta say I’ma fan,
So I knew a guy, fascinating cat, sounded like a southerner but grew up in rural Utah, and his go-to hot date restaurant, I kid you not, was Arby's.

For some reason that was where he went when he wanted to take a lady some place kinda classy.

So I knew a guy, fascinating cat, sounded like a southerner but grew up in rural Utah, and his go-to hot date restaurant, I kid you not, was Arby's.

For some reason that was where he went when he wanted to take a lady some place kinda classy.
Like first dates? Or when they were already dating each other?

Apparently Rachel Nichols and Maria Taylor have been low key feuding and it didn't end well for Nichols.

There is no BB recruiting news today so I am bored and just discovered some of the ladies at ESPN don't like each other. Rachel Nichols has always annoyed me for some reason. I was a huge fan of Michelle Beadle and used to watch Sports Nation and the Jump. When Nichols took over the Jump from Beadle, it made the show unwatchable for me. I have become a fan of Maria Taylor, first as an analyst and also as a show host. I am just wondering if I am alone in not liking Nichols. Stories like this make me wonder if they used her comments to oust a higher priced on-air talent with sinking ratings.
No issues with anything. Private conversation, internal office politics. If one of your opinions of your office made national news...
Nichols doesn't want to be demoted, and wants hosting duties, doesn't want the young whipper snapper to push her aside. Maria Taylor wants to move up the ranks and make more money.
Producer makes legitimate comments on history of ESPN diversity and pitting 2 females against each other like that's the only job for women. Nothing to see here. Normal people's feelings and emotions.
Just the time we live, must be outraged and have strong opinions on everything. None of my business.

I think Rachel Nichols is good at her job. She's also attractive, and yeah, for tv, that helps.

I like Maria Taylor, also think she's good at her job, and also think she's attractive and is suited for being on tv.

In this day and age? Lololololololololololololoooooll

She also dated a board member in the past. Word to the wise.
1625703095579.jpeg

Based on her current husband alone I can’t say that I’m surprised

i think Rachels very good at her job too.

LOL

No issues with anything. Private conversation, internal office politics. If one of your opinions of your office made national news...
Nichols doesn't want to be demoted, and wants hosting duties, doesn't want the young whipper snapper to push her aside. Maria Taylor wants to move up the ranks and make more money.
Producer makes legitimate comments on history of ESPN diversity and pitting 2 females against each other like that's the only job for women. Nothing to see here. Normal people's feelings and emotions.
Just the time we live, must be outraged and have strong opinions on everything. None of my business.
As I commented in the NBA thread, it's something how this year old recording got leaked on the eve of the NBA finals. Obviously planted by someone. I like both Rachel and Maria and both are good. No reason Rachel should have been aside. Almost good for an age or race discrimination lawsuit.

Isn’t Rachel the daughter of Bernie Nichols of (I believe without looking) the LA Times, and good friend of Tony Kornheiser?
The number of ESPN peeps that get a foot in the door due to dad is astonishing to me. Some have proven out.

Don't know either one of them personally.
But the truth is they get a lot of dough for talking about very tall men running around in their shorts trying to put a ball through a hoop.

Don't see what's so bad about the comment in the first place EXCEPT that it's potentially embarrassing to their employer.

And how much of a boost - if any - did Rachel Nichols get from her connections?
She's married to the son of director Mike Nichols.
Who - until his death - was married to Diane Sawyer.
Who carried some substantial clout at Disney/ABC...which owns ESPN.

Isn’t Rachel the daughter of Bernie Nichols of (I believe without looking) the LA Times, and good friend of Tony Kornheiser?
The number of ESPN peeps that get a foot in the door due to dad is astonishing to me. Some have proven out.
No her father is Mike Nichols who passed away was married to Diane Sawyer.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom