Radio reporting rumors of Xmas leaving | Syracusefan.com

Radio reporting rumors of Xmas leaving

SBU72

All Conference
Sports reporter for Rochester just reported from Atlanta that there are rumors floating around down there that Xmas is leaving SU.

Sports reporter for Rochester just reported from Atlanta that there are rumors floating around down there that Xmas is leaving SU.

sm%20seems%20legit.jpg

I'm not a Rak hater. But I don't think I would miss him.

Where is he projected to go? Late 1st? Early 2nd?

Europe

I had a feeling I was being generous with Early 2nd round.

The biggest knock I have on Christmas is his constant foul trouble. This guy is in foul trouble usually after just 5 minutes of game time.

I don't know if Boeheim wants him to be that aggressive and doesn't care if he is ALWAYS in trouble of fouling out at any point in the 2nd half.

I don't think so either. I doubt he'd transfer and sit out a year.
Actually, this would be my first thought. Temple maybe? But, it makes the most sense for him to gut it out, work hard and come back ready to play next year.

I really hope not. Rak maybe have underwhelmed but if the lightbulb has a chance of going off I would prefer it be here. Either way we would be loaded in the frontcourt - but still would only have one good defensive ctr on the team until DC2 proves otherwise.

I really hope not. Rak maybe have underwhelmed but if the lightbulb has a chance of going off I would prefer it be here. Either way we would be loaded in the frontcourt - but still would only have one good defensive ctr on the team until DC2 proves otherwise.

Good point.

This is semi-old news...I heard this on here and a couple other places a few weeks ago...

I heard something about Temple.

I don't see how anyone can consider Rak to be "bad."

Good defense, blocks some shots, crazy athletic for his size. Our team would have had a much different image this year without him manning the 5. There are plenty of hyped up bigs who take a while to find their offensive game.

Im a big Keita fan but just because Baye has his moments doesn't mean he is equal to Christmas and can step in and replace him long term.

I want him back we will be massive with him. And I really don't want to find out of DC and Keita is enough.

He pit on his instagram yesterday something like "it was a great last ride"

Not sure where he could possibly go...

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1365456864555.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1365456864555.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 166
He brought very little to the team. Maybe he is a good kid but he's not a good college basketball player. If he's really leaving to enter the draft then he's not very bright either. If they told him to leave that's a differnt story.

I couldn't disagree more. In a season of 40 games - where foul trouble plagued our bigs a few times - take Rak out and imagine where we would have been with just Baye and DC2 who was not ready defensively. You think Grant would have been able to man the middle? Rak brought more than you give him credit for. Maybe he wasn't what we had hoped for but he brought 5 and 5 a game along with 2 blocks a game. He gave us important depth at the position and some important moments in games like Providence & Notre Dame. Also was it against cincy where he hit that huge long 2 at the end of the shot clock? Add to that some big blocks in a lot of games. Don't discount the value of quality depth. Remember Jeremy McNeil?

The kid is a solid athlete with a ton of potential! He just lacks the confidence and I think JB is pretty hard on him! He doesn't have the fire and might not ever, but if he does, watch out! I remember JB Refsnyder was the same way coming into college and by his senior year he was bigger and something lit a fire under his butt because he was a bruiser.

He pit on his instagram yesterday something like "it was a great last ride"

Not sure where he could possibly go...

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Could mean he's leaving or just the last ride with those players. 3 are definitely gone and CJ could go if he wanted as well. I hope thats not the case w/ CJ or Rak leaving before next year.

I'm not sure why CJ would leave, if he's lucky he would be a late 1st, early 2nd. He is a lot like John Wallace going into his Senior yr. John ended up the 17th pick overall.

thanx for the effort -have zero issue doing whats right for YOU-
best of luck in the future whatever it may be -

we wouldnt have reached the final 4 without him-so the snide comments are uncalled for imho

If its true he's leaving, which I got the impression it was from his twitter, is it possible its more of a "force-out" than his choosing?

Sometimes it takes big men 3 years before they make a big improvement. Seikaly, Etan Thomas, Arinze were all frustrating as hell their first 2 years and then made big improvements. Rak by all accounts is a good kid and he has a lot of athleticism. Hope he develops and does it here.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom