Radio reporting rumors of Xmas leaving | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Radio reporting rumors of Xmas leaving

Would be a disgrace if he were to leave because idiots think he isn't good enough and will be recruited over. Complete BS. Huge embarrassment to the program as well and would really be a knock against Boeheim if Christmas went to another program.

Some f ing idiots on here if they aren't "interested" in the very least to see what this kid will look like as a junior with 2 years of experience.

And I don't think our system right now is all that conducive to offensive big men. FURTHERMORE...while our most recent 5s Arinze and Rick had a little more offensive... IT CAME THEIR JUNIOR AND SENIOR YEARS YOU F-ERS NOT FRESHMEN AND SOPHOMORE!

Christmas transferring would set an embarrassing precident and wherever he ends up with that redshirt transfer year I'd bet heavily on him figuring it out and becoming the player "fans" are insisting he be.
Black eye for the program? Give me a break. Kids transfer all the time for all kinds of reasons. I hope he comes back. But if he doesn't, I wish him well and that is the end. No embarrassment for the program. Pitt just lost an entire class. Did you even know that? A kid last year higher ranked than X-mas. It happens.

Not enough room at the inn next year if Xmas, Coleman, Keita, Grant, Fair, Roberson and Johnson in the frontcourt. (Assumes Obokoh redhirts). 1 or more of these guys is likely leaving. And while it may not be a "force out", it may just be a case of reading the tea leaves.

I have actually been hearing this from program 'insiders' for a while now. Definitely not a force-out.

If true, then why would we waste good development time playing him after Coleman returned from injury?

So, were potentially returning 0 starters next season?

Great.

If true, then why would we waste good development time playing him after Coleman returned from injury?

Great.
Because its about winning now, not developing someone for next year. We went to the final 4, so it worked.

I have actually been hearing this from program 'insiders' for a while now. Definitely not a force-out.
I'm glad to hear it's not a force out.

I kind of like the idea of DC2 being force fed more minutes. The Rak at 4 experience was a bust and having DC2 as the third center made it difficult to give him time. DC2 when developed should give us our missing post game. The quicker we can get a post game back the better.

I think Rak is undervalued - but I see both sides of the argument. Just looking at something like +/- there was only a few games where we weren't competiive with him on the floor, whereas Baye was much more prone to wild fluctuations.

I still think early on he seemed more confident offensively, and showed some level of being a contributor (and by that I mean a steady 5-8 point guy - not much obviously but more consistent), but I think the quick pulls destroyed the kids confidence. He and Baye both seemed to benefit tremendously once JB (as he said on his radio show) put a bit more emphasis on getting them touches. The offense stopped being so much about BT and MCW pounding the ball and became more about ball movement.

Baye certainly seemed to flourish in that role more than Rak, but I think it benefited both of them to a certain extent. They both seemed to be a bit less shaky at the end of the year when passes came there way (i.e. they didn't drop every single pass that came their way).

I don't know, I still think the kid has a chance to be pretty good - not an offensive focal point by any stretch of the imagination - but better than what we've seen thus far certainly.

So, were potentially returning 0 starters next season?

Great.

We always wanted to be like Kentucky.

Dopey pov to not want an upperclassman with his potential to return

If he transferred would we add someone from somewhere that would be an assett ? if not...we gain nothing by losing him. but let't not act as if there is this huge loss if he leaves. Honestly, BMK outplayed him during the stretch drive

If he transferred would we add someone from somewhere that would be an assett ? if not...we gain nothing by losing him. but let't not act as if there is this huge loss if he leaves. Honestly, BMK outplayed him during the stretch drive

BMK certainly out played Rak over the stretch, but over the long haul Rak is the player we need more. He may have the highest potential as anyone on the roster. He has all the physical tools, and he showed work ethic by transforming his body last Summer. For the majority of the season he was still the better option and he was just scratching the surface. Next year could be a break out for Rak if he were to say, while I think we all know what we are going to get from BMK. I will take the potential if I had the choice.

I'm sure Rak is a nice enough kid, but I'm done with Christmas... A bit undersized for a zero offense defensive center in our system...
I'd rather celebrate Hanukkah next year! Damn it...

I'm sure Rak is a nice enough kid, but I'm done with Christmas... A bit undersized for a zero offense defensive center in our system...

His true position is a 4. JB even tried to play him there before we realized DC2 is not going to contribute at center this year. Now whether XMAS would have ever developed the skill set to play the 4 appropriately at this level we will never know.

Wow.

You know, Syracuse has stopped playing for 2 days and already people have anointed Dajuan Coleman as Syracuse's best center.

If Rak indeed leaves, this is a HUGE loss. Basically, you are counting on Coleman taking a step forward, Keita continuing to play at a high level and for Obokoh to not redshirt (as it is highly unlikely Cuse can get through an entire season with 2 centers).

I hope all of the above occurs if Rak is going pro. I would rather not hope everything falls right and Syracuse gets back a key contributor.

Very shortsighted to suggest we don't need him. Rak is already a defensive force, and I think he works on his offense over the summer and comes back much improved at that end.

Jimmy Fallon is organizing a team and Rak will be his first draft choice.
Perhaps he'll grease the wheels, so to speak, to get Rak to his alma mater, Saint Rose.

Rak isn't going anywhere. Why should he ruin a chance for something bigger. Stick around, improve and play for 2014 NCAA champs...the Cuse!

Rak isn't going anywhere. Why should he ruin a chance for something bigger. Stick around, improve and play for 2014 NCAA champs...the Cuse!

He was actually supposed to be one and done coming out of high school. And if you followed his recruitment that was his/his family's feeling back then. He might feel 2 years is more than enough now after a disappointing freshman year that did not see him jump to NBA.

If Rak plays like he did that night against Notre Dame? Then yes, would be a huge loss if he doesn't return... That game was like a wiff of his potential, but sadly, if he plays like he did the other 30+ games, I would rather go to war with Dajuan and Baye...

I'd prefer to see Rak stay. No idea about the validity of these rumors. But I'm not sure exactly where he'd fit in to next year's frontcourt, unless he makes a fairly substantial improvement. Hard not to envision Coleman / Grant starting at the power positions. Might Rak start at the 4 / 5, sure--but my money's on the aforementioned duo making the mythical sophomore jump as a more likely possibility than Rak taking demonstrable steps forward in year three.

As had already been pointed out JB he lacks the foot work needed play the position more effectively. This can be fixed with hard off-season work similar the work he used last summer to add muscle mass. I for one really hope he returns and puts in the work.

This is yet another example of how the loss of Bernie Fine has hurt us. Imagine if the scandal never broke and he had been developing our bigs all this time. I have a feeling things would be quite different down low, no pun intended.

I couldn't disagree more. In a season of 40 games - where foul trouble plagued our bigs a few times - take Rak out and imagine where we would have been with just Baye and DC2 who was not ready defensively. You think Grant would have been able to man the middle? Rak brought more than you give him credit for. Maybe he wasn't what we had hoped for but he brought 5 and 5 a game along with 2 blocks a game. He gave us important depth at the position and some important moments in games like Providence & Notre Dame. Also was it against cincy where he hit that huge long 2 at the end of the shot clock? Add to that some big blocks in a lot of games. Don't discount the value of quality depth. Remember Jeremy McNeil?

He ain't McNeill.

Not even close.

were these guys also in the supposed "MCW academic issues" camp?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom